IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^IMO, Mark Geragos is a better actor than his client Jussie Smollett!

Really? MG hasn't seen this kind of piling on before? Has he not had his TV on for the past 6 months?? Has he not perused the news in the past 6 months??

Apparently not.

All this is just paid defense attorney blustering. MG can say anything he wants. He's not in court yet.

Every time MG appears in the media is a $$$$$$ moment for his client. Billed differently than office work. I suspect he bills media appearances or media interviews/ comments the same as court appearances. He's happy, IMO, to have the camera on him as he defends his client and trashes the prosecutor and grand jury. He wins X2-- billable hours, plus high profile media exposure.

What MG is *actually* saying to JS in private consultations is much more direct and blunt about the charges and legal consequences, IMO. He's not coddling him, IMO. No safe spaces and hugs and coloring books-- MG is almost certainly pushing JS to admit the hoax and apologize, so he has a chance to negotiate a better sentence/ plea for JS.

JS, IMO, is being bull headed, and sticking to his story and claims of innocence, so MG has to do what he can with that set of circumstances.

JS backed himself into an impossible corner when he went into self defense mode and went on the Good Morning America Show and self righteously--vehemently-- denied that he was lying about his hate crime attack.

But this was before he knew the brothers had been identified and their movements traced through a variety of city and private security cameras, and the security footage from taxi and Uber rides.

If he had not gone on the show he would have had a small window of opportunity to apologize, do some damage control, and work out a plea agreement.

His strong Good Morning America Show interview (plus other public denials) make it too difficult to "put the cat back into the bag." So now his other choice is to just keep doubling down on his version and hope a high powered attorney can get him acquitted and then do "clean up on isle 5" with his image.
.......My 2 Cents......

How Chicago police caught Jussie Smollett, and what’s his excuse for lying?

Last edited:
I think this guy did something really stupid, really stupid. But the desire of some people to see him put away for 20 years baffles me. And what is more shocking is how a stupid act like this can manifest itself into sixteen and still counting charges. We can get punitive as hell on something like this, but people that kill people while DWI and rapists, get slaps on the wrist. Time to start putting crimes in perspective.

I think this guy did something really stupid, really stupid. But the desire of some people to see him put away for 20 years baffles me. And what is more shocking is how a stupid act like this can manifest itself into sixteen and still counting charges. We can get punitive as hell on something like this, but people that kill people while DWI and rapists, get slaps on the wrist. Time to start putting crimes in perspective.
I agree.

The crimes are very, very serious, no doubt about it. But I don't understand hand-rubbing gleeful hopes that he goes to prison for 40+ years for the offenses.
Serious crimes, yes.
Arrogant perp, yes.
Damaging false allegations on many fronts, yes.
Worst crime of the century, no.

jmo

The felony charges for lying to LEO are just the appetizer here.

The main course will be the federal charges regarding the letter with white powder. I am interested to see what happens with this. Mr. Smollett is definitely getting the attention he wanted and craved so much.

If we’re to put his 16 felony counts into perspective, then what should his punishment be?

This is long overdue. I doubt he'll get much punishment but this is the first I've heard of anyone actually being prosecuted for their false reports. That these stories are given legs, by the MSM, without any facts or investigation, has emboldened these liars. He's only one among hundreds who should all have gone to jail:

fake hate crimes: a database of hate crime hoaxes in the usa

fakehatecrimes.org

If you google Empire and its ratings, they've been plummeting over the years.

That 'mark' on JSs' face healed very quickly and the 'swelling' was gone almost overnight. I wonder if it could have been theatrical makeup? There are prostheses one can wear inside a cheek to make it LOOK swollen. IMO

He actually went to the hospital, to be noticed....wonder who paid that??
IF this turns out to be totally bogus, is he up for insurance fraud as well?? IMO

Interesting that a 'mark' on his face that required going to the ER not only healed in a flash but did not leave a scar, not even a faint one. IMO

I find it 'interesting' that certain players in the group at Empire are 100% sticking to the idea that this happened to JS in spite of the evidence dug up by the Chicago police department.

Could the net eventually be cast wider?

Just some thoughts after googling. IMO MOO

Last edited:

Chris Watts did something "stupid" too. So did Paul Manafort. In general, all criminal thinking and activity is, "stupid".

Smollett merits prison time. He went to far into the weeds with this stunt. His end goal, was to gain financially from this, he wanted additional ticket sales for his concert in Hollywood, after his "victimhood", his concert was sold out to support Smollett.

He didn't care how many hours of police officers time went into searching the fake crime. And heaven forbid ANY white males had been in the vicinity at the same time, they would have been immediate suspects.

Smollett wants to be like his idol, Tupac, so send him to prison for a few years, just like Tupac.

What is paying a fine to an actor?

We’ve seen with R Kelly that his fans will step in and pay them. Of course, all actors don’t have such strong wealthy fans.

Jail time speaks much louder to these actors who commit a crime of any type. They wanted attention, good or bad. To go to such lengths as Jussie has in committing a racial plus a terrorist crime, let him serve what the regular citizen would be sentenced to.

It is time to stop giving famous or well known people breaks in their sentences.

"The desire of some people..." Do you have a link to these "people" & are you talking about posts you read here or someplace else? I've read about this case a few different places but I sure don't want to include the opinions of everybody, just the posters here who for the most part seem decent. Maybe confused but that happens.

This is long overdue. I doubt he'll get much punishment but this is the first I've heard of anyone actually being prosecuted for their false reports. That these stories are given legs, by the MSM, without any facts or investigation, has emboldened these liars. He's only one among hundreds who should all have gone to jail:

fake hate crimes: a database of hate crime hoaxes in the usa

fakehatecrimes.org
This alleged fake hoax happened 2017 & "faker" charged last month. Extreme & disgusting. Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home

And if two white guys in MAGA hats happened to be in the area at the same time as the ‘attack’ I’m sure Jussie would let them hang.

Personally, I think the penalty for staging something like this should be on par with the penalty for the perpetrator if it had actually taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member