IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the producers and network shut down the Empire cash cow to the economy of Chicago what would be the economic cost to Chicago? These productions pour a lot of "Hollywood" $ into the economy of the City. These days $ means Justice.

JMO

The Latest: Prosecutor: 'This was not an exoneration'

Prosecutors says a stunning decision to drop charges against Jussie Smollett doesn't mean they no longer believe he staged a racial and homophobic attack against him in January.

First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats told reporters Tuesday that he still believes Smollett filed a false police report. He says prosecutors "stand behind the investigation and the facts." He added that "this was not an exoneration."

A minimum requirement for the dropping of charges is typically that a defendant accept some responsibility and offer an apology.

But speaking after prosecutors told a judge they were dropping all charges, Smollett conceded nothing and did not apologize. He insisted he'd been "truthful and consistent on every single level since day one."

I didn't watch Jussie's speech. While proclaiming his innocence did he speak of concerns about his 2 attackers remaining on the loose?

What would be the advantage to Jussie to have this turned over to the FBI 2 weeks ago? I don't understand. Anyone?

Jussie and his relatives really, really wanted the investigation to be turned over to the FBI, considering it to be a huge victory. They seem to have political connections/friends in high places.

Not many of us can give the former chief of staff to Michelle Obama a jingle and make demands about an ongoing criminal case, and have those demands met the same day.

Quotes from the article:

Foxx (the state’s attorney)reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to First Lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.”

A relative (of Jussie) later exchanged texts with Foxx.

[...]

I spoke to the Superintendent Johnson,” Foxx emailed Tchen back on Feb. 1. “I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.”

[...]

The same day, Foxx texted with Smollett’s relative, whose name was blacked out in copies released by her office.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask,” Foxx wrote. “Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.”

“Omg this would be a huge victory,” the relative replied.

“I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” Foxx wrote back.”

1042m9y.png

State’s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago’s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

Jussie and his relatives really, really wanted the investigation to be turned over to the FBI, considering it to be a huge victory. The seem to have political connections/friends in high places.

Not many of us can give the former chief of staff to Michelle Obama a jingle and make demands about an ongoing criminal case, and have those demands met the same day.

Quotes from the article:

Fox reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to First Lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.”

A relative (of Jussie) later exchanged texts with Foxx.

[...]

I spoke to the Superintendent Johnson,” Foxx emailed Tchen back on Feb. 1. “I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.”

[...]

The same day, Foxx texted with Smollett’s relative, whose name was blacked out in copies released by her office.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask,” Foxx wrote. “Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.”

“Omg this would be a huge victory,” the relative replied.

“I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” Foxx wrote back.”

1042m9y.png

State’s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago’s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

Something don't "smollett" right about all this ^^^^^.....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member