Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I’m hoping for a miracle with AJ today. I’m trying extremely hard to keep my emotions in check here, but I’m so chapped right now I have to let a little out.......

In almost every case involving children being murdered or abused by a parent and/or their parents significant other child services, human services, LE and drugs are involved. Something drastic needs to change and it needs to change now! Our children deserve better and they deserve more from all of us. I’m done being sympathetic towards parents who are in situations that “might” not be in the best interest of their children.
    jmo

2. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

3. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

@Tippy Lynn I know, I hold out hope until there is absolutely none left.
    Chi

4. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Posting for photo:

Hard to watch as evidence technicians brought out a storage tub, 2 paper yard waste bags, a shovel, and a mattress that presumably belongs to missing 5yo. #AJFreund @fox32news

FEA7D668-6CEA-4B58-9D37-6FA8F971A5CC.jpeg

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

Traymar, Peony459, jash and 14 others like this.
  5. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Yep she must have decided to talk against his advice. I think once LE found out dad hadn’t actually looked for AJ at said places the act was over. IMO

It was reported that mom and dad hugged at court yesterday. If I knew my better half killed my son even by accident I wouldn’t let him touch me ever

6. Simply Southern

More than likely waiting on judge to sign search warrant. They were trying to locate the owners early am. Everything lined up ready to go..,, just waiting

SugarQueen, A2FMNST, jash and 7 others like this.
  7. kspoon45

kspoon45 Well-Known Member

Trying to do the same here but the math is so bad on this one.

8. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Another video:

#HAPPENINGNOW: @CrystalLakePD Evidence Response & Recovery bringing large bags out of home where 5-year-old Andrew “AJ” Freund went missing. @cbschicago

Eric Cox on Twitter

(Video at link)

9. Tracee27

Tracee27 Well-Known Member

No no problem at all. I was just trying to make sure I wasn’t being confusing. Often my brain runs faster then I can type and I tend to skip ahead. I wasn’t offended at all just wanted to give a clear post. We’re all here because we care!

10. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

@CrystalLakePD removed toddler’s bed mattress before leaving home. @cbschicago

Eric Cox on Twitter

(Video at link)

11. Simply Southern

They set up a 3 miles no fly zone. Yeap, waiting

12. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Investigators examining a field along Dean St. in unincorporated Woodstock just a couple miles southwest of US-14 & IL-47 intersection. @cbschicago

B497B5F3-7005-4024-98B4-BDF37A901879.jpeg

Eric Cox on Twitter

13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

HAPPENING NOW: @CrystalLakePD, McHenry Co. Animal Control remove dog from home where 5-year-old Andrew “AJ” Freund went missing last Wednesday. @cbschicago

Eric Cox on Twitter

(Video at link)

14. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

15. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

HL- thank you very much for all the media updates that you do...

16. LietKynes

LietKynes If I only ...HAD a brain....

Hmmm...
    Re. the bolded portion : Kililis seems to imply that there could be a confession forthcoming -- just that she will not be giving one.
    Which would mean JC knew all along and possibly contributed to the death of little AJ; or assisted in concealing him ?

Bolding Mine

Amazing in a sad way that some people cannot afford heat, food, and can barely keep a roof over their heads -- but they can somehow come up with the $$ to feed their addictions.
    Like these people are master manipulators.

Sounds like LE may be close to finding him. Maybe someone talked ?
    Although not JC.

Have to go but will check in later.
    I wish with all of my heart that someone responsible could take the 4 year old and the unborn baby after he/she arrives.
    Every child deserves a safe home .

17. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add right now except that I can feel the tears beginning.
    I'm sure we're all feeling that as we wait for the answer that is going to come.
    Dang it,
    Chi

18. Simply Southern

AJ had a large bruise on one CPS report, he stated the dog did it.

Wonder what else the dog did??

19. Curiousgirl2019

Curiousgirl2019 Well-Known Member

I think this thread is ALSO about Child Protective Services who were called multiple times to rescue these little boys and were involve in AJ’s life since he was born... if this is NOT a child who needed immediate protection, what is??? I have empathy for drug addicts, but I have ZERO empathy for drug addicts losing their child. They are NOT fit to be parents so removing the child from the home should be a priority to the sober people in this world. Why the heck didn’t Protective Services take AJ from this situation? It was obvious from day 1 he did not stand a chance. I’m angry because why do CDPS exists? To check houses full of needles, urine, feces, no heat, no food, fighting drug addicts and children under 5 and think: oh, they will be fine?!

20. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

I try to stay away from missing children related cases because I get so worked up over the stuff I read and I go into protective mommy-mode. Once I clicked on the first page of this thread, I knew there was no looking back....

So many missed opportunities to rescue these children before they became victims. Not just poor A.J. but all the little boys and girls who we read about and then cry for because their parents should have never had the privilege of being parents.

I have such a huge respect for those in Social Work, LE, the staff in school systems and the list goes on. So many times the efforts are made to contact the proper authorities to flag these suspected abuse cases and then the children fall through the cracks due to limited resources. This happens in Canada as well as the U.S. and these resources need to become a top priority!

A.J. may very well be gone, but let's hope that his little brother and unborn sibling get a real chance at happy childhood with a new family. Its the least they deserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.