Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the documents posted by OSU state the baby she is carrying is not AJ sr.'s baby. That was talked about but never mentioned as fact until those documents, correct?
Leaving DN as the probable father. He would have to give up his paternal rights or the baby could potentially go to him when he gets out of jail. *Sigh*

Where was AFsr in all these beatings and punishments? What part did he do?

Yes, he has confessed to putting AJ in cold water and burying AJ. I am curious what he did in the many other beatings. It seems JC is being blamed for the beatings.

Was AF overpowered by JC’s influence, control, or his love for her that he could not stop her? What happened here?

I would anticipate AJ confessing first. As a lawyer, he knows the first one to confess will get the better deal. Unfortunately!

Finally, Something we agree on. ;)

I wonder how many ways this wrench can play out! That poor baby.

Little P had to have heard and seen the abuse. Horrifying to think of him hiding while it happens then seeing the wounds after and trying to console his big brother. I wonder why they appear to have only targeted AJ.

Some reports said P was abused.
I thought maybe AJ was put in charge of P, so mom could go to her room, shoot up-enjoy her hig-pass out-repeat.
Maybe once she emerged, thing the boys we’re doing or had done pissed her off, most of the blame going to AJ, as he was the big brother?
Possibly AJ had lingering problems from his abuse that ticked her off? He was at the age where he was a danger to her....if he talked.

Are older siblings in a family more likely to be physically abused than their younger siblings? Does the number of children in the family affect the likelihood of abuse?

We know a great deal about factors that contribute to child abuse—like poverty, or drug abuse by a parent—things that increase the risk of violence expressed toward children. I want to focus instead on why abusive parentsoften direct aggression toward one child but not others within the same family. Abuse is rarely distributed equally—it’s often just one child who bears the brunt of a physically abusive parent. Which child tends to be singled out, and why?

To make sense of this, we should start by comparing child abuse to any other type of crime. In general, the perpetrators of a crime try to conceal their actions from witnesses, so that other people serve as a kind of surveillance that discourages the criminal actions. This means that the more children there are in a household, the more difficult it will be to keep the abuse a secret. The presence of other children should be an even stronger deterrent if they’re old enough to understand what’s going on and if they’re capable of intervening. So, for example, the youngest sibling will tend to be more protected from mistreatment than the eldest child ever was, growing up in the same home without older siblings.

This “surveillance” theory of abuse was tested in a study that looked at households where there was serious physical abuse committed against at least one of the children, as reported to a local child protective agency. Because this study was interested in siblings, they only focused on abusive households that had two or more children, to see which children were at greater risk of maltreatment.

Consistent with the surveillance theory, the risk of victimization was lower when a child had more siblings overall, and lower still when these were older siblings. A child’s risk decreased even further when there was a large age difference between themselves and their older siblings, and when the older siblings were brothers. Thus, having more mature and perhaps more powerful siblings probably deterred abuse against the later-born children. Even having younger siblings may be enough to discourage abuse too, as long as they’re capable of reporting what they see.

Unfortunately, the flip side is that the oldest child (or an only child) doesn’t have the benefit of this extra surveillance in these toxic homes. In these cases, the presence of other family members will likely be all the more critical.

Risk of child abuse differs between siblings

During his interview with LE, Andrew Sr (Drew) told police that JoAnn had self-diagnosed AJ’s defiant behavior as Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
AJ was locked in his room for 5 hours, after being asked to wash the dishes and not stacking the dishes properly.

Also, according to Drew, he took AJ to the city with him the previous Saturday but he had AJ enter and exit the office through a separate entrance apart from his father so he wouldn’t be seen by coworkers in the law office. This was the weekend that JoAnn had taken Parker and stayed at the hotel.

See highlighted document below:

Attachments

• 02B88266-8FB5-4DEE-8DB1-3593138C166B.jpeg
    02B88266-8FB5-4DEE-8DB1-3593138C166B.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 51
During his interview with LE, Andrew Sr (Drew) told police that JoAnn had self-diagnosed AJ’s defiant behavior as Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
AJ was locked in his room for 5 hours, after being asked to wash the dishes and not stacking the dishes properly.

Also, according to Drew, he took AJ to the city with him the previous Saturday but he had AJ enter and exit the office through a separate entrance apart from his father so he wouldn’t be seen by coworkers at the law office. This was the weekend that JoAnn had taken Parker and stayed at the hotel.

Wow. A 5 year old washing dishes........
Poor thing, he could do nothing right.
Was he concealing AJ because of his injuries? Or was he locked in his room? Funny no one saw him. I guess train video can verify?
Do we know that P is bio son of Sr?

Last edited:
Isn't that the opinion of her ex-husband? I don't believe it is fact. Being bi-polar isn't going to keep her out of prison.

@MyBelle, her mom told msm she’s diagnosed bi polar, I think as a teen.
Of course she will go to prison. It is moo a trial will be a long time coming, if she opts for trial. Maybe she will go directly to prison after pleading guilty. Who knows.

Last edited:
Also, according to Drew, he took AJ to the city with him the previous Saturday but he had AJ enter and exit the office through a separate entrance apart from his father so he wouldn’t be seen by coworkers in the law office. This was the weekend that JoAnn had taken Parker and stayed at the hotel.

I thought that was odd and suspicious. Was he afraid to get in trouble at work or did AJ have visible bruises on him or both. Also, why didn't AJ go with his mom? Did AJ Sr worry that JC would hurt him more or that someone would see him, again, with bruises on him? It was a really odd statement to make.

As much as I hate both, I’m glad Sr did “talk”.
Never will I understand how he or anyone in such a position sits idly by while their child is beaten to death, locked in a room, forced to live in filth and whatever else happened. How on earth did Sr not kill JC?
Sr was just as abusive as JC. He talked but he also implicated JC as the one who inflicted all the beatings. I don't buy that at all.

JMO

Wonder if P was potty trained?

The boys are so close in age that they may have been trained at the same time. Late for AJ and early for P, especially for a drugged out mother.

Or, perhaps it was a function that AJ wasn’t able to conquer successfully due to a system breakdown from birth with opiates. JC probably never discussed it with pediatrician for help. Just further reason for AJ to be in trouble. JMO.

Certainly the life AJ lived was so traumatic to cause him mistakes in every life function. Poor child.

Some reports said P was abused.
I thought maybe AJ was put in charge of P, so mom could go to her room, shoot up-enjoy her hig-pass out-repeat.
Maybe once she emerged, thing the boys we’re doing or had done pissed her off, most of the blame going to AJ, as he was the big brother?
Possibly AJ had lingering problems from his abuse that ticked her off? He was at the age where he was a danger to her....if he talked.

It seems that JC was treating and abusing AJ just like she’d done previously with her oldest son, “A”. IIRC, in the grandmothers custody document she said JC was locking “A” in his room for hours, beating him and making him clean the dirty house at a very young age.

Sadly, it seems that history repeated itself with her beating and locking up AJ for hours and having him clean the dirty dishes.

Last edited:
@MyBelle, her mom told msm she’s diagnosed bi polar, I think as a teen.
Of course she will go to prison. It is moo a trial will be a long time coming, if she opts forvtrisl. Maybe she will go directly to prison after pleading guilty. Who knows.
That was said by her mother during a custody battle. All kinds of things are said during custody battles.

JMO

It seems that JC was treating and abusing AJ just like she’d done previously with her oldest son, “A”. IIRC, in the grandmothers custody document she said JC she was locking “A” in his room for hours, beating him and making him clean the dirty house at a very young age.

Sadly, it seems that history repeated itself with her beating and locking up AJ for hours and having him clean dirty dishes.

Yea & she’d lock herself in with A, telling him the neighbor was going to kill them.
Delusional, maniacal beast!

It seems that JC was treating and abusing AJ just like she’d done previously with her oldest son, “A”. IIRC, in the grandmothers custody document she said JC she was locking “A” in his room for hours, beating him and making him clean the dirty house at a very young age.

Sadly, it seems that history repeated itself with her beating and locking up AJ for hours and having him clean dirty dishes.
I think they are both just pure meanness and both are culpable, although he wants to blame her. Hope they beat each other with large rocks, blaming each other.

I thought that was odd and suspicious. Was he afraid to get in trouble at work or did AJ have visible bruises on him or both. Also, why didn't AJ go with his mom? Did AJ Sr worry that JC would hurt him more or that someone would see him, again, with bruises on him? It was a really odd statement to make.

It sure is. I guess he couldn’t swim because of visible bruises. But did he really go to work?
I’d like Andrew to explain why he buried his son, after storing him in a tote in the basement & more importantly, why he stood by allowing this to happen & how frequently did he administer corporal punishment.

Forcing a 5-year-old to do dishes and then reprimanding him because he did a sloppy job is just one example of how twisted "Drew" is. No matter what AJ did, it wouldn't satisfy his father. And why the heck is the child called "AJ" if his legal name was Andrew THOMAS Freund, Jr.?

JMO

Was she repeating her past with A to spite her mom, possibly?
It is really stunning she attempted to get P returned prior to AJ being found.
As far as her lawyering up, I think Sr told her she needed to get a lawyer. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member