IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for brevity

From that photo.. it doesn't look like they were keeping their residence or yard up.

So that would've been suspicious if they had one or two large 'rubbermaid'-type trash receptacles out for pick up !
It'd be interesting to know if neighbors had sec. cams and what the footage revealed.

I don't know if we'll get answers unless someone talks, or someone 'rolls" on the other.
The house looks like every other house on that street. That’s one of the great things about crystal lake. It’s not just “middle class” it’s everyone.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a more clear photo. I’ve seen two in MSM and both are with a hat, dark and don’t clearly show his face. In this day and age, who doesn’t have a million pics of their kid on their phone?
I asked at the vigil. They said they did the best they could. It is disheartening that mom has more photos yet the public only has access to two photos that are not so clear

What have parents who are the ones who disappeared their child done in the past with vigils? Emily went to the vigil but didn't get out of the vehicle but I am curious about others. (Btw, she needs to take off that pink hat.)
Good question! I think that's been evolving since vigils seem to come earlier now. IOW, in the past the community didn't organize one until maybe a week had gone by and by then if a caretaker was involved they were likely in jail, if not for the disappearance then for something, like probation violation.

Some of us remember Gabe G attending little Jenise's vigil - he's now serving a prison term for her murder.

These parents have decided not to cooperate with LE so if they were not involved in Andrew's disappearance then they have some chutzpah.

This lawyer seems to have a lot of drama and chaos following him around it seems and based on the math while the whole crazy lot of it was going on a few years ago he was not suspended. Can a lawyer just catch a cps removal based on negligence and not have any internal investigation to make sure he’s not a hot mess in and still capable of representing his clients? Remember the neighbor said that they always founght and fought and fought loudly and the kids would go outside? Not to mention the impact pharma added to the pot. Chaos. These poor babes have only ever known chaos.

Last edited:
This lawyer seems to have a lot of drama and chaos following him around it seems and based on the math while the whole crazy lot of it was going on a few years ago he was not suspended. Can a lawyer just catch a cps removal based on negligence and not have any internal investigation to make sure he’s not a hot mess in and still capable of representing his clients? Remember the neighbor said that they always founght and fought and fought loudly and the kids would go outside? Not to mention the impact pharma added to the pot. Chaos. These poor babes have only ever known chaos.
This was exactly what I was thinking. He’s a lawyer. How many issues were they able to ‘skirt’ on because he has knowledge.

Me too. I think the cops have to know something.

like I said before... dcfs didn’t just hand her AJ. She had to prove to the courts she could be a fit mother. This is not some small feat. It gets tiring seeing people blame dcfs when they are bound by LAWS. I live in McHenry county. In fact I live in the same exact neighborhood . I could see the vigil from my living room window. This is not Chicago.
After he was born with drugs in his system she was no longer fit as a mother. Period.
She should never have regained custody Period. So yes they did hand him back to her.
Tell me where is Andrew now?
Why did they take her word that the dogs left the bruises?
Which is bs anyway,because why was he not kept safe from the dogs?

ABC news showed a clip of mom at the vigil. All she said was she wanted all of her kids together, and repeated that once or twice. Her mind is clearly on DCFS and what she has forthcoming dealing with them, again.

Smh.

Since LE stated AJ didn't walk away , nor was he abducted --where does that leave us ?

Was he taken from the house alive ?
By the parent(s)?
Someone who drove there to get him ?
There was zero scent of him found outside of the house.
So he had to have been picked up and carried.
Was he alive at that point ?

This case has depths of horror in this boy's home life that I didn't expect.
Awful.

How in god's name can you go to a vigil when you know more than you're letting on ?
And you've publicly let it be known that you'll no longer cooperate (i.e. tell the truth) with LE.
"...Then they have some Chutzpah..." is right.

Last edited:
Since LE stated AJ didn't walk away , nor was he abducted --where does that leave us ?

Was he taken from the house alive ?
By the parent(s)?
Someone who drove there to get him ?
There was zero scent of him found outside of the house.
So he had to have been picked up and carried.
Was he alive at that point ?

This case has depths of horror in this boy's home life that I didn't expect.
Awful.

How in god's name can you go to a vigil when you know more than you're letting on ?
And you've publicly let it be known that you'll no longer cooperate (i.e. tell the truth) with LE.
Chutzpah is right.
We know where he has gone, if we believe. IMO

No child should be born with drugs in their system.
That's a fact. Deal with it.
Exactly. Having longterm issues, is beside the point.

Some kids do recover physically, but it portends a future life of pain and misery (if they stay in that environment).

It shouldn’t happen. Ever.

I’m not talking about hardcore users. But yes not every kid ends up having long term issues. A FACT. Deal with it

I adopted my son ( now 4 1/2) from foster care. He was her 4th baby born addicted to meth and opiates. Was on methadone 17 days.
The first couple months obviously the hardest on him, but now physically he is fine.Thankfully!)

He is headstrong but incredibly intelligent (I have raised 2 girls already and worked with children and honestly can say his little brain still blows me away daily by how much, and quickly, he learns). He is incredibly hyperactive but every day he can " chill out" a little longer for me to do workbooks etc with him
( due to birthday doesn't start prek until fall and I left my job to stay home with him as opposed to day care).
He is proof a child born addicted can thrive.

In saying that, I dont know that he could have done it alone, if left with parents not actively working with him daily. I worked in special needs with children with behavioral challenges so that did prepare me and teach me skills that I have been able to apply with him during the rough patches. ..
Honestly AJs photo reminds me so much of him that its really hitting me in a rough way. ( the what could have been)

My reply wasnt intended to the person quoted specifically; just to state that all opinions on this topic are valid.

I'm reserving my opinion on what I think happened here because honestly I feel it would be unfair as I keep seeing this from the point of view from my sons life/ bio parents and not allowing much benefit of doubt in.

Its late, I apologize if this is rambled

Last edited:
Exactly. Having longterm issues, is beside the point.

Some kids do recover physically, but it portends a future life of pain and misery (if they stay in that environment).

It shouldn’t happen. Ever.

THIS is the most 100% accurate statement made regarding the whole subject. It simply should NEVER happen for us to even be able to discuss the short and long term effects.

Sadly, it's getting worse. Here in NC its not even illegal to give birth to an addicted child

After he was born with drugs in his system she was no longer fit as a mother. Period.
She should never have regained custody Period. So yes they did hand him back to her.
Tell me where is Andrew now?
Why did they take her word that the dogs left the bruises?
Which is bs anyway,because why was he not kept safe from the dogs?
SABBM

Ita. ^^^

DCFS did not do their job here in this instance.
I tried to be fair to DFCS , but either the incompetence of the system or lies from the mother ,or both --resulted in AJ and his little brother going through more trauma.

As a general rule I'll skip watching tv or movies when I know there's going to be domestic violence displayed. Not b/c it's triggering --it isn't.
Just distressing and distasteful.
Unfortunately AJ and his sibling couldn't escape this horror.

Fights that spilled onto the street, according to neighbor's testimony.

That garbage-strewn house was a distance from the street; so, they wrestled, screamed and hit each other all the way into the road ?
That is an out-of-control household.

Pets shouldn't be allowed to live in this chaos -- not to mention vulnerable children !

Physically is much different than mentally and physo
When I say “physically,” I mean all the internal repercussions that come from being born addicted to opioids.

All the ways the body is affected.

Then there comes the suffering in the form of growing up in a dysfunctional household.

Because this isn’t a one off. It lingers.

I adopted my son ( now 4 1/2) from foster care. He was her 4th baby born addicted to meth and opiates. Was on methadone 17 days.
The first couple months obviously the hardest on him, but now physically he is fine.Thankfully!)

He is headstrong but incredibly intelligent (I have raised 2 girls already and worked with children and honestly can not say his little brain still blows me away daily by how much, and quickly, he learns). He is incredibly hyperactive but every day he can " chill out" a little longer for me to do workbooks etc with him
( due to birthday doesn't start prek until fall and I left my job to stay home with him as opposed to day care).
He is proof a child born addicted can thrive.

In saying that, I dont know that he could have done it alone, if left with parents not actively working with him daily. I worked in special needs with children with behavioral challenges so that did prepare me and teach me skills that I have been able to apply with him during the rough patches. ..
Honestly AJs photo reminds me so much of him that its really hitting me in a rough way. ( the what could have been)

My reply wasnt intended to the person quoted specifically; just to state that all opinions on this topic are valid.

I'm reserving my opinion on what I think happened here because honestly I feel it would be unfair as I keep seeing this from the point of view from my sons life/ bio parents and not allowing much benefit of doubt in.

Its late, I apologize if this is rambled
My brother was called a “crack baby” by mean relatives because my mom had an addiction to it. He never had any learning difficulties whatsoever. We have an opioid epidemic.. I’m sensitive to stigmatizing a whole generation. My cousin was put on suboxone during her pregnancy. She worried about her baby, but she’s 6 years old now and is completely fine

When I say “physically,” I mean all the internal repercussions that come from being born addicted to opioids.

All the ways the body is affected.

Then there comes the suffering in the form of growing up in a dysfunctional household.

Because this isn’t a one off. It lingers.
Thank you by the way. We need more people like you. Kids are suffering... every county seems to be overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member