IL IL - April Zane, 16, Frankfort, 18 April 1976

Bump, just rejoined Websleuths after losing my account a couple years ago.
Has anyone seen this unidentified body from Illinois found in 1981? Not all the info links her to April, but the facial reconstruction looks similar to me. I stumbled across April's case and set out to look for found bodies around the time, I saw this one and at first I didn't know if it was possible to be April, but I couldn't let it go. I decided to rejoin websleuths just to share this. :)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Has anyone seen this unidentified body from Illinois found in 1981? Not all the info links her to April, but the facial reconstruction looks similar to me. I stumbled across April's case and set out to look for found bodies around the time, I saw this one and at first I didn't know if it was possible to be April, but I couldn't let it go. I decided to rejoin websleuths just to share this. :)
Original
Original

Ruled out on NamUs

Attachments

• April Zane ruleout.JPG
    April Zane ruleout.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 13
Is April's DNA in CODIS? Doe Network lists it as "Available" but that doesn't tell me if it's in CODIS... I think she could be the Arvin Jane Doe who was found a year later but it may be an automatic rule out. Making a side by side comparison but no table for this reason.
April_Zane.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

April:
Doe:

Is April's DNA in CODIS? Doe Network lists it as "Available" but that doesn't tell me if it's in CODIS... I think she could be the Arvin Jane Doe who was found a year later but it may be an automatic rule out. Making a side by side comparison but no table for this reason.
View attachment 379333
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

April:
Doe:
Here is the Arvin Jane Doe thread:

Here is a full page for the April Zane/Arvin Jane Doe match:

Has anyone considered the Arvin Jane Doe, found about a year later?
april_rose_zane_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

I know DNA is available in both cases and that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but I don't know if April's is. Also, finding a hit in the system can take very long to my knowledge and I don't know if the Doe's DNA has been in the system for that long.
Arvin Jane Doe UP13916April Rose Zane MP1689Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/CaucasianMatch
Age1713-24Match
Height5'8"5'3"-5'8" (Doe Network)Match
Weight115lbsUnknownUnknown/Match
DLC/DODApril 18, 19773-4 months prior to June 21, 1978Match considering circumstances.
Hair ColorRed/AuburnRed/Auburn at collectionMatch
Eye ColorBlue/Gray/GreenUnknownUnknown/Match
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, scars on right knee and chin.UnknownUnknown/Match
CircumstancesLast seen in IL in 1976 or 1977. She had ran away multiple times in the past.Found in a shallow grave in Arvin, CA.Possible considering circumstances
DistanceFrankfort, IL-Arvin, CA2,010miles (29hr)Possible considering circumstances
Michelle Garvey got 30 hours away in a month and April had possibly a year. I have already submitted. April was smart and she would know they would think she went to Chicago so who knows, she may have gone in the opposite direction. California may be a popular choice for runaways but there hasn't really been any data on what state a runaway is most likely to go to so...

Here is a full page for the April Zane/Arvin Jane Doe match:

Has anyone considered the Arvin Jane Doe, found about a year later?
april_rose_zane_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

I know DNA is available in both cases and that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but I don't know if April's is. Also, finding a hit in the system can take very long to my knowledge and I don't know if the Doe's DNA has been in the system for that long.
Arvin Jane Doe UP13916April Rose Zane MP1689Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/CaucasianMatch
Age1713-24Match
Height5'8"5'3"-5'8" (Doe Network)Match
Weight115lbsUnknownUnknown/Match
DLC/DODApril 18, 19773-4 months prior to June 21, 1978Match considering circumstances.
Hair ColorRed/AuburnRed/Auburn at collectionMatch
Eye ColorBlue/Gray/GreenUnknownUnknown/Match
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, scars on right knee and chin.UnknownUnknown/Match
CircumstancesLast seen in IL in 1976 or 1977. She had ran away multiple times in the past.Found in a shallow grave in Arvin, CA.Possible considering circumstances
DistanceFrankfort, IL-Arvin, CA2,010miles (29hr)Possible considering circumstances
Michelle Garvey got 30 hours away in a month and April had possibly a year. I have already submitted. April was smart and she would know they would think she went to Chicago so who knows, she may have gone in the opposite direction. California may be a popular choice for runaways but there hasn't really been any data on what state a runaway is most likely to go to so...
Arvin Jane Doe Information:

Have you seen this child?

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for April Rose Zane? I would greatly appreciate it.

April's NamUs profile was modified on 3/12/23
Another Exclusion was added

Exclusion Details​

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs # UP5706 Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found August 29, 1978
State WA
County Pierce
Estimated Age Range (Years)15-20

Are there any statements from friends of April from Chicago? Did the friend she was going to meet and bring back to the dinner actually exist? Appears to be confusion on year of disappearance. Any other siblings or cousins closer to April's age?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back