Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree crystalgenie. This guy took a plea to save himself the time. All the while professing his innocence. GMAB. Who hops into a kids house and takes them at 4am? Makes me wonder if it was a stranger abduction or not.... but that is neither her nor there and I do not want to further expose an innocent victimized child to any more than she already endured. :furious:

I don't understand the lure to dating outrageously bad guys. Perhaps Beth knew of his history but had a false sense of security being married to an attorney. Her being married to an attorney, imo, is more reason for this guy to keep Beth permanently quiet if he felt he needed to in order to stay out of the penn.

:(

MOO

IMO I think it makes sense too that Woodstock is the primary agency investigating this case because they probably believe Beth did get on that train. If not, I think it would make sense that Woodstock would have been the agency to take the missing persons report, but Mt. Vernon would be leading the investigation instead of Woodstock leading the investigation.

MOO

Can we find out where SS did his time? I'm curious if it was close to the Mt. Vernon, Centralia area's.

I don't see what level sex offender he is. I wonder if he was the level that is likely to reoffend. He is an awfully brazen one.

Hey Cubby if BB was taking the train where was she supposed to get off? Amtrak is giving me a headache...lol

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-2151864/Kidnapping-nets-Woodstock-man-10.html
(larger part of article may be found via google search)

Under the terms of his plea, Sullivan admitted guilt to felony charges of kidnapping and criminal damage to property stemming from the May 30, 2001, incident in which he snatched the girl - the daughter of a longtime acquaintance - from her Woodstock home and got into a high-speed chase with police before releasing her unharmed after several hours.

In return for the guilty plea, McHenry County prosecutors dropped the more serious charge of aggravated kidnapping as well as charges of aggravated criminal sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of a child.

Arnold said he could not consider the dismissed sex charges in sentencing Sullivan.

"It is clear that the state has never proffered proof that such conduct occurred," he said.

IL does not use levels, as in I, II, III.... If you look at the state site, you will see some RSO's listed as sexual predators or sexually dangerous. Those are indicated in bright red. SS does NOT have that classification next to his name.

The Amtrak train would go to Chicago and then she would have had to take a different train from Chicago to Woodstock. The train info IIRC is in thread 1.

hth

Sounds like SS' reckless behavior was when he was high as a kite.

still digesting this newly discovered info..........

What strikes me is there is a medium security prison at Centralia... I don't know how we can find out which one he was in however I know with some states they move them around quite a bit. So he may have been at more than one.

Centralia Correctional Center is right by Kaskaskia college. They are both on the same side of the road, pretty much separated but relatively close. My parents both worked in LE and were very familiar with the two prisons in the area, but honestly, I was a teenager. I tuned them out when they started talking about the mundane things with their jobs. I only paid attention when there were lockdowns, because then I had to make my own supper. I cannot recall what security level the Rend Lake Prison is. I believe CCC started out minimum but bumped up to adresss the statewide overcrowding issue. The Rend Lake prison is also not far from a college.

I think we are on the right track, investigating if this RSO went to prison here.

Is the RSO the one who was going to tell his wife? What if BB didn't want to leave SB? Could that be it, she was not as serious about the guy? I have often wondered that about this case, because by all accounts BB could come and go as she pleases as far as SB was concerned, and she had the ability to purchase high end items. If this guy was just a side distraction that got too serious, what would go down if she didn't want to leave SB?

Not all offenders in IL who have convictions against children have the higher classifications. I'm not sure how IL makes the determination, but I have seen RSO's which victims under 13 who do not have the 'red alert'.

I don't know what kind of alert, or if he would have had an alert had he been convicted.

From the info we found it doesn't appear the DA had a case they were confident they'd get a conviction on the sex abuse charges. If they did, they would not have negotiated a plea. JMO

But this is not about that case, this is about finding Beth.

I think the wife already knows.......

jmo

If I remember the story correctly, the 4yo girl was home alone at the time. Ss went to the house to speak with the mother, when the 4yo answered the door she discovered her mother was gone. Ss was taking her to her mother who was at a bar. On the way to the bar ss was driving a car with out plates. The cops started to pull him over when he panicked, took off and parked the car by a wooded area and left the girl in the car. He was later found hiding at his home. Since a crime was committed involving a minor he falls in a category as a sex offender but never committed a sex crime against the child. This was the story that was told to me.

TY Pumpkin. This was an 8 yr old. If the mother wasn't home why didn't we see any news articles charging her with child endangerment? Either way, it wasn't a bright idea to be taking an 8 yr old child to a bar at 4am. He should have called 911 from the home but didn't.

Pumpkin, are you verified? Was it in the news the childs mother was at the bar?

Ok but the judge said the prosecution did not......

He is either tied to Beths disappearance or not.

IMO if he started using again he may have had an episode like he did the evening he was arrested for kidnapping.

If I remember the story correctly, the 4yo girl was home alone at the time. Ss went to the house to speak with the mother, when the 4yo answered the door she discovered her mother was gone. Ss was taking her to her mother who was at a bar. On the way to the bar ss was driving a car with out plates. The cops started to pull him over when he panicked, took off and parked the car by a wooded area and left the girl in the car. He was later found hiding at his home. Since a crime was committed involving a minor he falls in a category as a sex offender but never committed a sex crime against the child. This was the story that was told to me.

Mom leaves a 4 year old home alone while she goes to a bar, so SS decides to take the kid to the bar to find his/her mother. That makes a lot of sense. Why not call LE? There must of been charges filed against the mother if that was the case. Remember any of that?

A friend of mine was close to this case. Now that I think about it woodstock bars close well before 4 am. Maybe her mom was at a friends house. I think the fact that the mom wasn't home had a lot to do with this case. But I agree Cub that he made a real bad choice by taking the girl. This happened quite a while ago so I want to emphasize my story me be flawed, I don't really remember the exact details.

A friend of mine was close to this case. Now that I think about it woodstock bars close well before 4 am. Maybe her mom was at a friends house. I think the fact that the mom wasn't home had a lot to do with this case. But I agree Cub that he made a real bad choice by taking the girl. This happened quite a while ago so I want to emphasize my story me be flawed, I don't really remember the exact details.

Any drugs involved in any of this that you remember?

BBM

understatement of the year... shows to me he is capable of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74