Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, Cub. I know all that. But the Times article doesn't say what the coroner said, and as of 5:48 (Heartland News, KFVS12.com,) the coroner's report hasn't been released.

The ID of the vic as a teen is the story's lead, and not attributed to an ME or LE member. It might have been a conclusion reached by the reporter from an offhand remark. When I see a quote from the ME, I'll believe.

Im with you wordfella... no way I trust media to report the age of this body correctly, especially since its only that article that says so... most of the other just say a woman's body and continue to say this....

I just received an e-mail from the pizza guy. He is from Mt.Vernon originally, and moved to OK. He had returned to Mt.Vernon because of a sick family member. He worked at the pizza place during his stay here. He is now been back in OK for about the last month. He was just checking for the lastest news on BB when he posted that. He remembered that a guy placed the order and remembered they didn't pick it up. He stated that the computers there kept track for five years, why would he need to share that if it isn't true. IMO he is telling the truth, what does he have to gain from making all this up? JMO

I watched WSIL tv 3's 5 pm news report (unfortunately they don't have video on their website). According to their report, there IS a teen female that has been missing from Pinckneyville for about a week now. According to the reporter, the sheriff commented that he had spoken with her family and the reporter said she had been trying to call them all day without success. With the decomp however, the sheriff said that they are having a difficult time with a positive id. KFVS 12 news is just reporting a "young female" and saying rumors are swirling but that LE is being tightlipped. They do have video up on their website. IMO....I don't think it is BB.

I'd have to look back, but I think the KFVS site and the video said "woman." And as of their 6:04 update, no ME report.

SG is now posting on fb that she thinks the Pizzza Pie was picked up. Can this get anymore confusing? Who picked it up, female or male? How was it paid for and if by CC/DC who's?

I have been bugged by this whole pizza thing too, because I was told they 'got' a pizza also, and a later time than 5:16, but this was just shortly after Beth went missing and I was just told it was about 15 min before the train time. Which if the pizza was picked up/or delivered it would have been just about 5:45 :banghead: very confusing

I did wonder why is this pizza guy waiting till two months later to come on the FB page and ask if they ever figured out the pizza story? Unless it was since he didn't work there anymore he didn't have to worry talking about it.

I also found this news story interesting on the WSIL site:
http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=10703

Not that I think BB ran off with the Rainbow group, but that they are suppose to be in Jefferson county at a "lake" right now. I wonder if LE or SOMEONE could get a message to these folks to be on the lookout for BB's belongings? The family says they have new leads after hiring a PI recently. Do we know if one has been hired to search for BB?

FYI... for those that aren't familiar with the Rainbow group, they are basically a band of " nature gypsies" ( for lack of a better term) that move around and live in forest/wooded areas. They have huge gathering usually in the fall further south.

Maybe I should do a better job of paraphrasing my adding thinking was my bad:

"We had been told the pizza was picked up. I believe this to be true."

and it appears JW was the source indicating the pizza was picked up.
We all know how credible the information JW has provided so if JW is the source for the pizza being picked up I think we know what to do with that :liar:

:cow:

Cubby quote
It may be indicative of Beth having access to money without using her credit cards...... We need to look at ALL possible avenues. If Beth had an inheritance she was able to access without SB or LE being aware of this, it is an avenue to explore. We need to not be tunnel visioned, no stone left unturned.

Thanx for explainning this I knew I must have missed something here because I thought this was about an inheritance she would get in the future, after her father passes away.

Cubby quote

Thanx for explainning this I knew I must have missed something here because I thought this was about an inheritance she would get in the future, after her father passes away.

I don't know that her father would have any claim to it; it was her maternal gf's will. The executor was BB's younger brother.

There is now video up on WSIL's website as well as print that says there is a 15 yo teen that has been missing for a week.

http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=10709&type=top

From the above link.

A three hour autopsy was performed on the body Monday.

An autopsy would be enough to determine an estimated age range. Especially when we are talking about a 20-25 year difference between Beth and the Jane Doe found in southern Illinois. If Beth was in her 20's rather than early 40's I could see waiting for further results but a 20-25 year age gap is enough for me to rule this out. The news reporter had to get their info somewhere. They wouldn't pull 'teen' out of thin air.

The above article also mentioned LE hopes to have an ID on this Jane this evening.

:cow:

Cubby quote

IIRC it was her grandfather, not father. We have not determined whether BB's grandfather is still living or not and I don't recall if this was a maternal or paternal grandfather.

The OP was still sleuthing looking for additional information which might confirm or rule out this possible theory.

IIRC it was her grandfather, not father. We have not determined whether BB's grandfather is still living or not and I don't recall if this was a maternal or paternal grandfather.

The OP was still sleuthing looking for additional information which might confirm or rule out this possible theory.

Grandfather was maternal. Don't know about living. Still no maiden name for BB's mother, who died in 2005. Trying to find obit.

Cubby, you're probably right about the teen girl. I'm just bothered by the fact that only one of the news sources reported it that way (and the smallest, least prestigious one in the batch), and that it was unattributed to either ME or LE.

At least this issue won't drag on; they'll have to release a report soon.

There is now video up on WSIL's website as well as print that says there is a 15 yo teen that has been missing for a week.

http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=10709&type=top

Yes this is what I was told when I called today 'local girl' first thing they asked me was Beth's age. We were told later she was thought to be a runaway teen that might have committed suicide :( that is so sad

Thing that bugs me is if there was a 15 year old missing for a week why are we only hearing about it now that a body is found? Something seriously wrong with our media when they have no time to report a missing teen, but they are all over it when a body is found already two or three reports today. If I were that family when they show up asking questions I would have one answer for them.. where were you when she was missing, click!

Cubby, you're probably right about the teen girl. I'm just bothered by the fact that only one of the news sources reported it that way (and the smallest, least prestigious one in the batch), and that it was unattributed to either ME or LE.

Quoting and snipping myself:
The Carmi paper apparently tapped the DuQuoin paper here. They're probably chain-owned. Maybe I have to back off the smallest, least prestigious thing.

Still waiting for the ME. Tell me it won't be 9 AM tomorrow...

Yes this is what I was told when I called today 'local girl' first thing they asked me was Beth's age. We were told later she was thought to be a runaway teen that might have committed suicide :( that is so sad

Thing that bugs me is if there was a 15 year old missing for a week why are we only hearing about it now that a body is found? Something seriously wrong with our media when they have no time to report a missing teen, but they are all over it when a body is found already two or three reports today. If I were that family when they show up asking questions I would have one answer for them.. where were you when she was missing, click!

We don't know that she was not reported missing yet. Unfortunately sometimes teens reported as runaways only get a paragraph or so in a breaking news alert.

Last I knew NCMEC lost their funding and is running on volunteers to enter data. A missing child classified as a runaway might not be high on NCMEC's list. Off to see if any new cases are listed at NCMEC in IL.

Though if the teen was reported missing as suicidal that SHOULD have been a higher alert or priority.

When I order pizza, (there are 2 places I'm a regular), after ordering, you have to give your phone number. When they log the number in, they have all your information. They have your name, your address, and interestingly, your ordering history. If you've never ordered before, or have a new phone number (this happened to me) they ask the name of the person picking up, and the address if it's a delivery (duh). This information is now logged on their system under the phone number that is given.
I'm sure there are times when an order is placed and it's forgotten about, or a prank, but I'm sure it's rare. I think the fact the pizza wasn't picked up is why this guy remembers the order. I'm wondering if Podges Pizza called BB's phone when they realized the order wasn't picked up, or just wrote it off? What name was given to the person taking the order? If BB's number was already in the system, then the order would be under her last name (unless they gave their name).

NCMEC has a missing 14 year old listed as of 07/20/2010 from Odin IL which is not the immediate area, but not far from where the Jane was found. I don't want to link it because this is Beths thread, but a search of NCMEC will find the case.

When I order pizza, (there are 2 places I'm a regular), after ordering, you have to give your phone number. When they log the number in, they have all your information. They have your name, your address, and interestingly, your ordering history. If you've never ordered before, or have a new phone number (this happened to me) they ask the name of the person picking up, and the address if it's a delivery (duh). This information is now logged on their system under the phone number that is given.
I'm sure there are times when an order is placed and it's forgotten about, or a prank, but I'm sure it's rare. I think the fact the pizza wasn't picked up is why this guy remembers the order. I'm wondering if Podges Pizza called BB's phone when they realized the order wasn't picked up, or just wrote it off? What name was given to the person taking the order? If BB's number was already in the system, then the order would be under her last name (unless they gave their name).

and if the phone number in the computer was already registered as BB the name would remain the same for every order placed from that phone number.

I'm sure they tried Beths number when the pizza was not picked up. Good call and excellent point Karen! None of us had thought of that, or if anyone thought of it you are the first to post the thought! Great job! :applause:

I'd like to know if anyone answered when Podges called back. (No pizza place is not going to call on a non picked up pizza)

Odin really isn't near Pinckneyville at all(over an hour away), not as far as a 15 year old would go. I believe the child that was reported missing has been found.

It was mentioned in this thread that authorities were searching hardcore for the 14 year old girl, but not so much for Beth. I think they got together search parties for the girl Beth has not had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa