Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there is a new group forming right now. I didn't explain my post well. I meant to say that it is possible a lot of people were turned off by the way it went. I felt that the choice of administrators was poor, and there should have been a looking for beth page, and alternatively a prayers and meeting needs page.

Personally, I don't think it went very well. Regardless of number of "friends"

IMHO that just might be a good idea! It will take a lot of time, but the other option is just letting this case slip away from the public eye. Perhaps you could include a debunking myths area, Even if every rumor was true, Beth still needs to be found so her family can have some closure, and move on with their new lives.

This IS a public forum.. I agreed. Beth needs and deserves to be found, even if she were all alone in the world.

IMHO that just might be a good idea! It will take a lot of time, but the other option is just letting this case slip away from the public eye. Perhaps you could include a debunking myths area. Even if every rumor was true, Beth still needs to be found so her family can have some closure, and move on with their new lives.

There was talk of Beth being pregnant early on. I kind of forgot about that. If Beth was indeed pregnant that would give mystery man motive to maybe "kill" Beth now wouldn't it. It would also explain the whole text message about telling his wife too.

Could have been motive for Beth to run away also. Go hide while she has the baby. Maybe the father to Beth's baby has her set up somewhere?

It might be starting to come together.

Oh.. I agree that lies have been told cubby, but IMO its more important why lies were told, and who they were told to..than what the lies actually were. Kwim? Seems to me JW told LE she took BB to the Amtrak Train Station. Never saw her enter the station or wait with her for the train. (She left her in the parking lot or on the curb) Because she knew BB wasnt intending on taking a train. JW may have told SB BB was taking a train back at that point instead of telling him the truth that she was meeting someone there. So SB passes on to LE that JW told him BB was taking a train, although BB never told him that. LE assumes thats why she was left there. Assumes she was catching the 6oclock train because of what SB said. Media reports are released and in the meantime JW tells LE that BB was meeting someone, not catching a train. JW tells BB's friends before LE knocks on the mans door. I just think some of her "lies" were told to protect someone other than herself or BB. Just my (not worth so much opinions). I still have only one fact to go on.. BB is missing.

I am new to WS and have been following this case for awhile. I had a random thought about the train station. Has it been checked on to see if anyone got off the train at Centralia?

Didn't JAL (I think it was JAL) mention the bf (man) was MM? I don't have time to go back and look it up.

JAL... could you please post your theory %'s again please? I can't seem to find that particular post . Do you know if a PI has been hired? If so why not? THANKS!

...Do you know if a PI has been hired? If so why not? ...

Does anyone know the going-rate for a P.I.? Not only the hourly rate, but estimate of daily expenses (mileage, lodging, document fees)? And the amount of the retainer to open an investigation? Just curious...

This case might have died halfway through the first thread (now there are five!), if JW had said none of those things about Beth.

Is it possible the focus is in the wrong area? Little attention has been paid to the Wisconsin angle. Where did the sick (dying?) grandmother live? Madison? Green Bay? Has any principal gone to northern Wisconsin since Beth disappeared? If so, why?

Doesn't a person's history provide possible clues to finding her?

The computers in the law office haven't been mentioned very much. To what extent were they studied? A computer expert could have determined websites visited, emails sent and received, files created and deleted (and when). Did Beth and JW ever sync their phones with an office computer to avoid loss of data?

The rental car seems to have dropped off everyone's radar. How many miles had it been driven, when it was returned? Did the total mileage seem "right" for the drive to/from Mt. Vernon? Or were there many "extra" miles on the odometer?

I would like to know when was the rental picked up , from where , what the rental car company was told about the intended use of rental car . Was BB car driven to WI . , then the rental driven to MV. How do we know for certain that the rental car was driven to MV ?? Has this been verified ??

First of all I would like to apologize. My attack on the fb page was inappropriate and detracts from our goals here. The page went a little off track, fine, I should have kept my mouth shut.

Second I believe posters urging SB to do more are distracting and not helpful, SB is who SB is and we should take that as a given.

I believe our framework should be Joe's post. This is all of the facts we know put together with possible theories that is taking us somewhere. As spymom very effectively put, we can note the rumors, but we need to move on in the analysis.

Next, MM's alibi (which is solidly confirmed) was he was at home at 8 p.m. in Woodstock. He was at a job where his movement could be documented and time tracked.

I attempted to allude that we would need to carefully identify who we were talking about because the person JW talked to on Monday is different than MM. I used the term moniker and was critiqued for that. The point is, MM texted BB, however we don't know if MM was who BB was supposed to see.

The "happy pills" comment: that was connected with the statement to go to Chicago not MV.

To add to the complexity of this case. The post that discusses missing persons and murders in the Centralia-MV area (via a discussion with LE in that area), is not the first time I have heard those types of rumors from that area. While I think that it is very unlikely that BB met up with an unidentified person (person she didn't know) who killed her, it remains a possibility.

Perhaps you could include a debunking myths area, .

I get where you are coming from... but realistically, how can these theories be debunked? As unflattering as they may be, and as much as some people don't want to believe them... there is no real way to prove or disprove them, either way.

A "debunking" forum would just end up being an ongoing argument between those who don't believe the theories and those that are willing to consider them, with both sides operating on pure speculation.

Even if every rumor was true, Beth still needs to be found so her family can have some closure, and move on with their new lives.

I agree, and I think that's why everyone is here. I don't believe that, should any of the speculation be true, that anyone here is less interested in helping find BB, it just changes the situation, should she return.

Frankly, in my opinion, the attempts to keep BB's reputation intact by keeping information under wraps does more to stifle the investigation than any unflattering theory might.

Just thinking of all the possibilities and theories from Joe Fridays post..

What IF MM did tell his wife everything, and the wife is enraged...does the wife have an alibi?

Did MM send someone to Mt. Vernon to 'take care' of Beth?

IF Beth is pregnant, that would be a good thing, IMO, because that means she would have to eventually show up at a hospital for the birth, and be hopefully spotted (and found).

What if Beth thought MM did tell his wife, and is afraid of the consequences? Asked another 'friend' to pick her up and took off because she's afraid to come home?

All long shots, maybe, but just putting all thoughts on the table.

I just wanted to say, too, that my LE connection from Mt. Vernon is credible. I've known him for years and his job is such, that he could not do it if he was not on the up-and-up. I just forgot that is what he retired from because I have known him in his post retirement life only. I won't give any more info since it would "out" exactly who he is but he is legit. If he says it's really rough there but most don't know it, I believe it. If he says there are a lot of women that go missing there, and men, I believe that too. I did tell him I was going to repost on here what he told me, so he knows I am sharing his info.

Even though I don't know BB, I know as a mom, she would know the importance of prenatal care and I would think it would be next to impossible to find a doc willing to follow a pregnancy without any type of previous medical records. I seriously doubt she collected all those documents and took them with her on her weekend getaway.
From what people have posted about her, I also don't just see her showing up in labor at some emergency room either. Just my opinion but I can't see her running off to hide for being pregnant.
I had asked some time back if there could possibly be someone in her past or present that would "hire" someone to befriend and then harm her. I still would like to know who the other people where on the boat at Rend Lake on Saturday. Where do they fit into the puzzle?

... Frankly, in my opinion, the attempts to keep BB's reputation intact by keeping information under wraps does more to stifle the investigation than any unflattering theory might.

Very important and very clearly said. At this point, no one knows what seemingly insignificant idea or word might lead to Beth.

Also, if she was pregnant would she really be looking for "little happy pills" and partying so much?

Next, MM's alibi (which is solidly confirmed) was he was at home at 8 p.m. in Woodstock. He was at a job where his movement could be documented and time tracked.

I attempted to allude that we would need to carefully identify who we were talking about because the person JW talked to on Monday is different than MM. I used the term moniker and was critiqued for that. The point is, MM texted BB, however we don't know if MM was who BB was supposed to see.

The "happy pills" comment: that was connected with the statement to go to Chicago not MV.

To add to the complexity of this case. The post that discusses missing persons and murders in the Centralia-MV area (via a discussion with LE in that area), is not the first time I have heard those types of rumors from that area. While I think that it is very unlikely that BB met up with an unidentified person (person she didn't know) who killed her, it remains a possibility.

Who is saying that Beth was killed at that time? Does he have an alibi for Monday all day too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74