Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from the Mt Vernon area and I can tell you that LE isn't doing squat to find BB. There was a very minor story about her the day after she went missing - and that has been it. No one is looking - most people know nothing about it. I was contacted by another WSer who I have occasionally sleuthed with, and she is the one who got me involved in this case. Word through the grapevine is that BB left voluntarily (whether she did or not) - and there is more to the story, but I will not post it as I know it is only rumor. But I have been told it is what local LE believe. I can also tell you that if you want to commit a crime and get away with it, commit it in Mt Vernon. Why??? I wish I knew.......

the answer is because LE in the "vern" doesn't want to work - plus they know things that we don't! no reason to put out effort for a person who isn't here and was only here for a bit!

i live in centralia and the same goes for up here - not many people even take a second thought about this case - LE tells me that she was never even here to take a train - in the "vern", LE doesn't think she is here any longer - dead or alive or that she was ever in centralia at all

i personally would be very willing to take part in a search party only because i know that it would be quite easy to dispose of a body around here but it might also be easy to find one given the circumstances - plus, i think jw is the only one who can solve this case but she is unwilling - LE down here isn't doing squat and that's because they have already dis-proved jw's story - they know she is lying

in MOO - i would like to believe that beth left of her own accord, but given her association with SS, i really feel she met with foul play - FWIW

Wow, so then we have Woodstock PD believeing she never made it out of Mt. Vernon and if she did, she never left Centralia. Centralia and Mt. Vernon PD don't believe she is there. What a mess!

If that's the case, then all the more reason to a) utilize an NFP such as Project Jason to maximize the number of persons familiar with Beths case and that she is still missing. b)to at least let the public know which areas have already been searched so people don't waste their time repeating what has already been done and expand their search to other area's.

:cow:

Why would area's which have already been searched be kept secret? :waitasec:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why would area's which have already been searched be kept secret? :waitasec:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Because they were never searched????? I believe I heard that dive teams were ready to go, but were cancelled. (I don't know this first hand, but heard it somewhere.)

Re: Local LE - have you checked to see how many detectives, etc, the 2 depts have? And have you checked to see how many cases have been solved? Not a good record. They will send 3 or 4 cars when pulling over an 80 yr old woman for exceeding the speed limit - but a murder investigation may get a car or 2 responding..... what's wrong with this picture? Is it that they don't care - or is it just ineptness? IDK - JMO of course.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here where I live.

Everyday, I tell myself NOT to come on WS because it just makes my head hurt.

Here are my opinions, not that they mean a damn thing...
Nothing regarding this case makes sense. From the inception of the FB page,
* there have been lies and deception
* initially trying to cover what they didn't want the general public to know about Beth, yet they chose to put up pictures of Beth that didn't show her in the best light
* not one update pubically made by LE since the initial statement was made when she first disappeared
* admin scolding people who had a different opinion than that of the admin
* asking people to help by donating, promising to disclose the terms of the trust, and then not following through. Basically gave us all the middle finger and said scr*w you. Yet they are still posting that the family is still accepting donations. I think they turned off way too many people at this point to have much hope of getting any more money, and they have no one to blame but themselves for that
* Deleting posts made my people, which makes it very hard to go back and read and actually make sense of what has been posted

Now the lastest, supposidly a post about the LE telling the Bentley family NOT to hire a PI, which of course has now been deleted on FB.

And yes, I too know about SB's trip to Vegas in search of Beth. IMO-really? One man is going to make his way through millions of people in Las Vegas and find Beth there?:banghead:

I DO think about Beth everyday and I DO feel terrible about what her family is going through. From day one, I have always believed that Beth did not take off on her own, and I still feel that way. I do not believe she ever got on a train. I believe there was foul play, and it was definately by someone she knew and it happened in Mt Vernon or Centralia. JMO. I just pray to God that one day we have answers.

There is my two cents for today. I hope you all have a great day.

I could not agree more! Fantastic post. I have read so many different missing persons cases here, plus other sites, and I love Tru Tv and this case is so much different than all of the other cases I have read. Something is just not right about this case. In all the cases the family and LE plead for the public to help find or come forward with information, not in this case. The reward is not increasing and it seems to me that everyone is sitting back and not being proactive in finding Beth. JMOO! I really hope LE has information that will make it all make sense, and release details soon.

Happen to recall who posted the comment that LE told the family not to hire a PI? Which LE? When? If that had been said (and I highly doubt it), then it would have been said to SB. Anyone copy it before it got deleted?
QUOTE]
It was SG that posted and then deleted. Just to be clear, the LE does not just report to SB, they also report to AGM, the NEIGHBOR. Whatever SB knows, she knows.

Odd, don't ya think? There are other family members and two adults sons. As far as I'm concerned, they are putting way too much trust in the LE, and not utilitizing the PROFESSIONALS, all the organizations that Cubby listed earlier. It's 10 weeks ago today Beth went missing. Have we learned one thing. Nope!

JMO

I could not agree more! Fantastic post. I have read so many different missing persons cases here, plus other sites, and I love Tru Tv and this case is so much different than all of the other cases I have read. Something is just not right about this case. In all the cases the family and LE plead for the public to help find or come forward with information, not in this case. The reward is not increasing and it seems to me that everyone is sitting back and not being proactive in finding Beth. JMOO! I really hope LE has information that will make it all make sense, and release details soon.

Grapes, I'm with ya. Something isn't right and you just know there are secrets STILL, that they don't want exposed, and I believe they involve SB. Why isn't this man standing on top of buildings and screaming for help? This man has not uttered one word since his short 15 second interview that was on the news, 10 weeks ago!!!!!! Beth went missing 10 weeks ago today. This is just mind boggling.:banghead:

JMO

Because they were never searched????? I believe I heard that dive teams were ready to go, but were cancelled. (I don't know this first hand, but heard it somewhere.)

Re: Local LE - have you checked to see how many detectives, etc, the 2 depts have? And have you checked to see how many cases have been solved? Not a good record. They will send 3 or 4 cars when pulling over an 80 yr old woman for exceeding the speed limit - but a murder investigation may get a car or 2 responding..... what's wrong with this picture? Is it that they don't care - or is it just ineptness? IDK - JMO of course.

One big problem is, there are multiple LE agencies involved. So, it happened in Mt Vernon, but the missing person is from Woodstock. Trust me, when it comes to police, they have pissing matches. One department always thinks they are better than another. I have friends that are cops & detectives, they are like that.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Woodstock the lead agency on this case? If so, are we expected to believe that they are sending their officers down to Mt Vernon to investigate, because I can pretty much guess that isn't happening.

JMO, but with the statements given by JW, all the calls that have been made to the LE, by people that know BB, JW, RR & NR, you can imagine that pretty much every dirty secret about all of them has come to light. The LE has to be thinking it could be foul play, or she could have taken off. i wonder how hard are they really trying to solve this case?

And again, multiple LE agencies means too many cooks in the kitchen. If something isn't done, one will blame it on the other agency, if something get messed up, one will blame it on the other agency etc etc.

Beth, where are you? It's been 10 weeks now already! Do you realize how many people are trying to find you?

If the person who hurt her is out there...I pray everyday that you get caught and you are punished to the full extent of the law...and then some!

Moooooooooooo

the answer is because LE in the "vern" doesn't want to work - plus they know things that we don't! no reason to put out effort for a person who isn't here and was only here for a bit!

i live in centralia and the same goes for up here - not many people even take a second thought about this case - LE tells me that she was never even here to take a train - in the "vern", LE doesn't think she is here any longer - dead or alive or that she was ever in centralia at all

i personally would be very willing to take part in a search party only because i know that it would be quite easy to dispose of a body around here but it might also be easy to find one given the circumstances - plus, i think jw is the only one who can solve this case but she is unwilling - LE down here isn't doing squat and that's because they have already dis-proved jw's story - they know she is lying

in MOO - i would like to believe that beth left of her own accord, but given her association with SS, i really feel she met with foul play - FWIW

You know what, hearing all that from someone who lives in that area is very upsetting. I had that feeling all along, that LE wasn't doing much. Especially because it isn't "one of their own" that went missing, with Beth being from Woodstock and all. That is very disheartening. As I just stated on another post, I highly doubt the Woodstock PD is driving down there to look or do anything to solve this either. It's all so sad.

Does the family (husband? sons? brothers? father?) dissuade search efforts or interest? I've not heard one word from them about it. What I do hear are people who "say" they speak for the family. That's not the same thing. The family should start speaking for themselves.

respectfully snipped

Amen to that. Speaking for the family is not the same. Why isn't this family speaking for themselves?

I just want to throw out there that its very possible SS's wife found out about the "friendship" before BB was missing and just kept her mouth shut about it??

I just want to throw out there that its very possible SS's wife found out about the "friendship" before BB was missing and just kept her mouth shut about it??

Anything is possible sadnpod. If that is true, and SS wanted to get rid of Beth, his wife may have agreed to "vouch" (provide alibi) for him when questioned by LE. Hmmm. JMO.

Sad, you took the words right out of my mouth. I believe she knew. Isn't it Dr Phil who says the best predictor or future behavior is past behavior. If I were in her shoes, I'd be watching his moves, checking his cell phone and "popping in" at his workplace..... just sayin' :)

respectfully snipped

Amen to that. Speaking for the family is not the same. Why isn't this family speaking for themselves?

This is the million dollar question! This is exactly what I can't understand. Even the most bereaved and emotional people make public plea's for information or help in finding a missing loved one. The lack of this coming from ANYONE in the immediate family is very suspicious to me. Like I said before something is just not right about this whole case.

Yes that is exactly it . I tried to make a call with the same carrier that BB has and could not make a call (not verizon ) . I also tried with another cellphone (not verizon) and could not make a call . So I would think that the phone calls could not have been made from that location on Miller Lake Road .

I was standing in the yard of the rehab house talking to another WS'r & had perfect signal, butmy phone is Verizon, there are several cell towers in the area.

I am not clear on why Woodstock is the lead investigators on the case. I thought the LE in the jurisdiction where a crime or an event happened is who would handle the investigation. Since Beth was reported missing and her last confirmed sighting, and last cell phone call (that we know of) was in Mt. Vernon why wouldn't they be the lead investigators?

I am not clear on why Woodstock is the lead investigators on the case. I thought the LE in the jurisdiction where a crime or an event happened is who would handle the investigation. Since Beth was reported missing and her last confirmed sighting, and last cell phone call (that we know of) was in Mt. Vernon why wouldn't they be the lead investigators?

I agree, I thought the lead investigators would be where the person went missing from, but I was told Woodstock is the lead because that is where the missing person was reported to the police. SB reported Beth missing to the Woodstock PD.

i have never had any prob getting signal around miller lake - and i reiterate - LE in centralia are not investigating because they KNOW BB was never here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80