Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not clear on why Woodstock is the lead investigators on the case. I thought the LE in the jurisdiction where a crime or an event happened is who would handle the investigation. Since Beth was reported missing and her last confirmed sighting, and last cell phone call (that we know of) was in Mt. Vernon why wouldn't they be the lead investigators?

I thought the SP was the lead agency. Who knows??? That is just another sad fact in this case.

i have never had any prob getting signal around miller lake - and i reiterate - LE in centralia are not investigating because they KNOW BB was never here

I think it depends on the carrier , sprint and AT&T do not work at that location.

I think it depends on the carrier , sprint and AT&T do not work at that location.

And very few Iphones are any carrier other than AT&T. There are also AT&T dead zones in several places around Mt. Vernon, because I experienced it trying to use our GPS before.

editing to say that yes, I do realize that GPS can operate without a decent signal and vice versa, but in this case both were out.

Another day begins. Another day of silence from the LE? Conflicting statements? On one hand, there is a poster here that states LE in MV and Centralia are doing nothing. Another poster (FB) states she has seen LE searching and was told to leave the area.
People are getting antsy to search, and being told, thanks, but no thanks and warned that permission from every property owner is required. Also, (on FB) it's being said that the poster was to "keep her mouth shut" about the area that was being searched. (The posts I refer to are under the discussion tab marked Search Party of the BETH BENTLEY...Missing Woodstock, IL Woman! page on FB.
IMHO, if BB didn't willingly take off, she never got on a train in Centralia.

Didn't a Mt Vernon local make a post in one of these threads about LE searching a lake near the rehab house? I can't remember if the poster talked to LE on the scene or something like that. I've searched for it but haven't found the post.

Didn't a Mt Vernon local make a post in one of these threads about LE searching a lake near the rehab house? I can't remember if the poster talked to LE on the scene or something like that. I've searched for it but haven't found the post.

Chili Fries..........Yes someone did post that on FB. She claimed to have spoke to LE and they told her to back away and not come back. It is under SEARCH PARTY tab on FB discussions. Hope this helps.

Grapes, I'm with ya. Something isn't right and you just know there are secrets STILL, that they don't want exposed, and I believe they involve SB. Why isn't this man standing on top of buildings and screaming for help? This man has not uttered one word since his short 15 second interview that was on the news, 10 weeks ago!!!!!! Beth went missing 10 weeks ago today. This is just mind boggling.:banghead:

JMO

I agree with you 100%! All the secrets, the censorship on the FB page, the bickering, lack of media exposure, family not being in the public eye etc., leads me to believe there is alot more going on here. I truly believe to get to the bottom of this, EVERYTHING about BB's "lifestyle" ( the good, the bad, and the ugly) is going to have to see the light of day. There was also talk at one time about a fundraiser down here in So IL. Nothing more has been said about that. I personally think the opportunity has passed for anything like that to really be successful given the fact that most folks in this area ( at least the ones I that I have spoken with) seem to know nothing about this case and those of us that are aware of the situation and live in the area, are hestitant to put more $$ towards what???? I have a hard time believing she just ran off and it seems like excuse after excuse is being given as why searches shouldn't be happening in this area if foul play was involved. I know this is a big rural area with lots of woods and water but you have to start somewhere! What did the folks looking for Susan Powell do? They organized and started from square one! They didn't throw up their hands and declare it too hot or too cold or too big an area etc. and they are STILL searching!

If I were in his wife's shoes, I wouldn't be smiling - or standing anywhere near him...... I'd be on my way to a divorce attorney.

Respectfully snipped and BBM

The best man in there wedding is an attorney, perhaps she will use him.

I wonder if their friend was also giving advise to both SS and his wife about what to say or not to say when LE came knocking on their door.

JMO

I have been following from the begining from the FB page. I believe they were well meaning in the begining but I believe they wanted to protect BB's reputation and just get word out. I now think that BB's friends are protecting SS"s wife and her feelings. They have to be scared that people will think she is involved, Hence the happy family picture. I think she had to have a clue he was cheating, maybe not BB but she must have known something. SB also had to know. If she went out the way it is protrayed he would have to be in a coma not to know.

BBM

JW also told me in our messages that Beth went out every other night until 5-6 AM. I'm not sure if I posted that in my earlier post about what else she told me or not.

Ask yourself this. If your wife/husband did not come home until 5-6 AM every other morning, or even on one or two days a week or on the weekend, what would you think they are doing?

I don't believe for a second that SB had no clue Beth was up to something. I wonder if there was ever any arguments between SB and Beth as to when she would come home or if he ever questioned her as to her whereabouts when she was not home.

JMO

BBM

JW also told me in our messages that Beth went out every other night until 5-6 AM. I'm not sure if I posted that in my earlier post about what else she told me or not.

Ask yourself this. If your wife/husband did not come home until 5-6 AM every other morning, or even on one or two days a week or on the weekend, what would you think they are doing?

I don't believe for a second that SB had no clue Beth was up to something. I wonder if there was ever any arguments between SB and Beth as to when she would come home or if he ever questioned her as to her whereabouts when she was not home.

JMO

REALLY??!! When did the woman sleep? If she was so involved in her kids lives, took care of the household chores and ran hubby's law office, how were there enough hrs in the day? I also wonder if this "going out" has been something that has gone on all along these past 10 years or just recently. Did SB ever join her and her friends? Did they have an active social life together? I found it odd that I didn't see any pictures of him in the ones I could view on her FB wall.

BBM

JMO

Hmmmmm - sounding more and more like SB's hands are tied..... too much investigating of BB might bring to light some rather uncomfortable facts about SB...... which could lead to other family members, friends, co-workers..... could explain why people who should be are not pushing harder to get things moving.

It's amazing that a crime has probably been committed in the Mt Vernon area, and most people in this area have no clue that it's happened.

One other thing to think about - Mt Vernon sits on 2 interstates - a major N/S I57 and major E/W I64 - can be out of the area in a matter of hours. OTOH, there are also several lakes - and several hard-to-find overgrown areas - where a body could be left and not discovered for months. Whether you believe she has left on her own or been murdered, Mt Vernon is most likely the last known location and it's beyond me why there is not cooperation between MVPD/JCSO and WPD to get the word out and find this woman. Is it possible they know a lot more than they're telling? Maybe WPD does - but I doubt MVPD/JCSO knows much of anything.

Obviously - JMO - this case is strange because of what is NOT being done...

Respectfully. Why is a neighbor acting as a family spokesperson and liason with LE? BB has siblings. I assume her siblings are married. I'll guess SB has siblings, though he may not. Why hasn't one of BB's siblings or BIL's or SIL's stepped up to the plate as a family spokesperson?

Not being local is not a reasonable answer. John Spira's sister is on the other side of the country from where her brother went missing and she has been a strong voice and advocate to keep her brothers case in the media.

Ugh, there is something very different for lack of a better word about this case in comparison to the procedures and basics we see in other missing persons cases.

:(

Beth, where are you? I know you want to be found. Please help us find you!

REALLY??!! When did the woman sleep? If she was so involved in her kids lives, took care of the household chores and ran hubby's law office, how were there enough hrs in the day? I also wonder if this "going out" has been something that has gone on all along these past 10 years or just recently. Did SB ever join her and her friends? Did they have an active social life together? I found it odd that I didn't see any pictures of him in the ones I could view on her FB wall.

Seems like someone wasn't getting much sleep.....but somehow was able to stay awake and get alot done. Hmmmm.....

With all the information that is out about all of BB's friends, anything could have happened. All the affairs with each others husbands, drug dealers, pregnancy, money missing, etc. It's anybodys guess at this point.

We need to take a look back at all the bad people she was involved with and all her GOOD friends and their husbands! JMO

With all the information that is out about all of BB's friends, anything could have happened. All the affairs with each others husbands, drug dealers, pregnancy, money missing, etc. It's anybodys guess at this point.

We need to take a look back at all the bad people she was involved with and all her GOOD friends and their husbands! JMO

??All the affairs with each others hubands , is there more than one we know about ??

Drug dealers ? Where are you getting this info .

Now the lastest, supposidly a post about the LE telling the Bentley family NOT to hire a PI, which of course has now been deleted on FB.

I copied the post from SG on fb that was deleted before it was deleted and it stated that LE did not want a PI hired. Since the original post has been deleted I have not paraphrased it but if that is what should be done I'm sure Cubby can do that.

I only posted the part of her entire post referring to the PI also.

"The police are not wanting a private investigator and if they hire one that is their business."

I too would have to agree that SB and Beth did not do much together and that SB was either not invited or did not want to associate with Beth's friends when Beth went out. Of the 152 photos on Beth's personal fb page (I didn't count the ones of the new born and minor children) there is only one photo that I could find that shows SB (well it shows half of him at least. In this photo is from left to right RR, JW, Beth and SB.) on a trip I believe to New Orleans. In a different picture in the same photo album containing this photo of SB show some girls singing karaoke at Cats Meow which is in the french quarter and there is a picture of a church that is also close to the french quarter but I can't remember the name of it. This photo was uploaded well over a year ago in May of 09 before Beth's disappearance.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?...hoto.php?pid=30367057&id=1478677016&ref=album

We know that men were invited to the numerous birthday parties and functions that are shown in the photo's that are uploaded to the different photo albums presented on Beth's fb page by there presents. But either SB was not invited or he didn't care to attend these events. If SB was present at any of these events I find it hard to believe that he would not have been shown in at least one photo, unless Beth purposely did not upload any photo that contained SB in them. Which would tell us something as to how their relationship was at that time. The friend of SS's that was charged and I believe IIRC convicted of attempted murder and served time is shown in quite a few of the photos along with SS's best man (the attorney) and many other men that are either the spouses or boyfriends of Beth's close friends. I haven't looked through all the photos to see if I see any pictures of SS yet.

JMO

Police don't hire private investigators, private citizens hire private investigators. :crazy:

Joe, I am going to leave your post as is. I can't make enough sense of the comment to paraphrase it. I don't know who "they" is, the family, LE? Even the first half of the comment is not very clear, so I will leave it as is.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member