Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a group of Beth's friends and her sons (older) that went to Chicago on the 27th of May a couple of days after Beth was reported missing after there was a possible sighting of Beth by a vendor in Union Station?

Does anyone remember if JW went along?

Here is a link from early June on the 1st WS thread that dicusses if JW went :
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Benedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia, 23 May 2010

It was also reported by third persons on FB a long time ago that JW was on the trip to Chicago to search and put up flyers, and it was stated that she wasn't really there. Same old, same old FB stuff. Sorry I don't have the links. I tried to go back and wade through FB to find the references but it is a labyrinth of ????? over there. :waitasec:

I used to be a FB group member through a friend of a friend of Beth's and I joined when it first went up. I recently decided IMO nothing at FB anymore was in the best interest of finding Beth so I left.

From there I was led to here where I've been lurking since the first thread.

I too have come to have a much more charitable and understanding view of JW than I began with.

I wish Beth would just be found!

It was reported by third persons on FB a long time ago that JW was on the trip to Chicago to search and put up flyers, and it was stated that she wasn't really there. Same old, same old FB stuff. Sorry I don't have the links. I tried to go back and wade through FB to find the references but it is a labyrinth of ????? over there. :waitasec:

I used to be a FB group member through a friend of a friend of Beth's and I joined when it first went up. I recently decided IMO nothing at FB anymore was in the best interest of finding Beth so I left.

From there I was led to here where I've been lurking since the first thread.

I too have come to have a much more charitable and understanding veiw of JW than I began with.

I wish Beth would just be found!

I just don't understand why JW would have gone to Chicago to search for Beth if she in fact did go knowing that Beth was never planning on taking the train and was to be picked up by someone instead as she has told the whole world on fb. Was she just riding along for the fun of it and not telling anyone the truth at that time too? Leading LE down so many different roads, changing her story as she has. I would think that would be considered hindering an investigation and she could have been charged with that or still might. How many days and hours were wasted following the train story? That gave the perp or perps a good head start if they needed one.

JMO.

I too have gone back to the start of the fb pages and tried to find a post that says anything about JW. I think they have all been deleted.

I did find an interesting post from SS's wife that suggests she might have known about the affair. It was posted by SRS: (paraphrased)

"beth just to let you know that know matter what we love you, no matter what has taken place in the past we love you and please just come home! nothing matters but your safety!!!
May 27 at 7:52pm

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360

Seems to me we also heard SB say something along the same lines in his one and only interview about no matter what if she did something wrong they could work it out and to just come home.

Maybe someone else can find the link to the video and post it. I can't seem to find it.

I just don't understand why JW would have gone to Chicago to search for Beth if she in fact did go knowing that Beth was never planning on taking the train and was to be picked up by someone instead as she has told the whole world on fb. Was she just riding along for the fun of it and not telling anyone the truth at that time too? Leading LE down so many different roads, changing her story as she has. I would think that would be considered hindering an investigation and she could have been charged with that or still might. How many days and hours were wasted following the train story? That gave the perp or perps a good head start if they needed one.

JMO.

Lets change could have to would have. IF LE had proof JW was hindering an investigation they likely would have already charged her when they couldn't put Beth on the train. LE has not charged JW with anything.

jmo

ETA: It is possible when they went to search in Chicago JW still beleived her friend had taken off for a few days and hadn't yet become concerned to the point she really became alarmed.

I still don't see a motive for JW... but what keeps coming to my mind was the report someone allegedly overheard between JW and RR using the word blackmail. Could there be a clue there? Were JW and RR planning on blackmailing BB -or- were they aware of someone blackmailing BB. I've heard a *rumor* that someone had something on BB they were using to blackmail her with but I don't know who that person was......

jmo

I too have gone back to the start of the fb pages and tried to find a post that says anything about JW. I think they have all been deleted.

I did find an interesting post from SS's wife that suggests she might have known about the affair. It was posted by SRS: (paraphrased)

"beth just to let you know that know matter what we love you, no matter what has taken place in the past we love you and please just come home! nothing matters but your safety!!!
May 27 at 7:52pm

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360

Seems to me we also heard SB say something along the same lines in his one and only interview about no matter what if she did something wrong they could work it out and to just come home.

Maybe someone else can find the link to the video and post it.I can't seem to find it.

is this the correct link joe? ( forgive me, stuck here with dialup :( )

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=7477573

JMO.

To be fair... we don't know what she has told LE, or when she told them.

What she has said on the FB page isn't necessarily what she told LE. We have only heard what AGM and SG have told us she told LE... and I don't put much stock in them to have told us the truth in full, regarding JW (or anything else), if at all.

Who knows, at this point?

We know little if anything about the case, and even what we do know, with the exception of the few things actually confirmed by LE, is questionable at best.

About the only cold hard fact we have to go on is that BB is missing.

Just as it was on day one.

:banghead:

As you said above... someone got a 10 week head start... be it a perpetrator, or BB herself.

IMO if the rumor about someone blackmailing BB is true, it is that person who has motive. What do we know about "the blackmailer" what is their alibi for the 23rd and 24th?

Also, if SS wanted to come clean to his wife and BB did not, I don't see SS being the one to blackmail her. So the blackmailer has to be someone else.

:cow:

It's not at all hard for me to believe that SB was completely unaware of BB's affairs. He's not only an attorney, which are super busy anyway, but he's also male. Absolutely no offense intended but guys just aren't usually as observant as women. He obviously loves Beth and trusted her completely. She had several circles of friends she could use as alibis. I just don't find it hard to believe at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Love is blind!

OK - since you brought it up, I'm going to say something regarding SB.

He is an attorney - and I'm sure he has all kinds of connections to all kinds of people. His wife is missing and the only thing I know that he has done has been to go to Vegas, supposedly to look for her.

IMO, there is no way he was unaware of his wife's "friendships" - he had to know things were going south. Whether the rumors are true regarding BB's "condition" or not, I don't know - but this screams motive to me. Has he been cleared by LE? While BB was out and about, was he entertaining himself with someone else (I'd throw the name out here, but it would just be speculation on my part and I really don't want to mention a possibly innocent person) - Someone knows something and it will come out eventually.

LE always start with those closest to a victim - that would be him. I think it's time for them to get started!

I personally have only known SB since last October, and I am a very good judge of character, I wouldn't think for a minute that he would do anything like that!

He truly is a devastated man, somebody out there knows something and IMO it is NOT Scott, this man would do anything to get his wife back, if you could only see the empty look in his face when you talk to him, you would understand better.

Is JW still in the Woodstock/McHenry County area?

The house at the Woodstock address shown on her last two tickets (Nov. 2009 and 6/23/10) gives every appearance of being vacant, and it looks like there is a utility shut-off notice on the front door.

Her continued availability to LE would seem to be very important to the eventual solving of this case.

1st off..........just because BB's cell phone was used to order a pizza, doesn't mean BB & JW were going to pick it up, the pizza may have been being ordered for someone else. Possible RR or someone else was to pick it up.

2nd,......... the pizza guy is originally from Tulsa but living here now. And LE knows whether it was picked up or not(They are with holding that info as well). Pizza places have to either ring an order thru if picked up or void it out of their system if not. Most places keep track when pizzas are ordered & not picked up, that way the same number called from does not repeat this behavior.

3rd,........... I have spoken to JW several times via private fb messages (she doesnt even know me). I went to her pvt to get her side of the story because she felt she couldn't speak out in the discussions on fb page. She claims she NEVER told LE BB was TAKING a train, only that BB was dropped off there to meet a man. I won't go any further into her messages at this point in time. Everything she has said to me has been comfirmed as the same things she had told the LE. There are many things she has told LE that the public has NO knowledge of yet.

I would just like to note that just because that address appears to be empty, it does not mean that JW is not available to LE. I dont think JW would leave the area without LE approval.

I went back to reread some of the media releases from the link here on WS. I found this one interesting given the discussions that we have been having here the past few days:

http://register-news.com/local/x1174317299/Search-continues-for-missing-woman

Although we know the "media" gets it wrong sometimes, these things jumped out at me:

First, according to MV Chief of P, THEY contacted WPD after a posting on MV's facebook page? REALLY?! Is that how they found out about a missing person last seen possibly in their area?
Second, again according to MV COP, ISP is in charge of the investigation in that area. I don't recall seeing this anywhere else.
Third, the story about calling her husband to report that the friend wanted to stay longer and the "couple" arranging the train ride back to get into StL at 10 pm (surely that is just a mistake!) and then the direct quote from AGM: “She was supposed to call when she got close, but no one heard from her, and no one heard from her, and no one heard from her,” Montgomery said.

Ok so ISP is in charge of investigating in Southern IL. We knew that.... that is why I spoke with my ISP neighbor a few weeks back. Woodstock is the lead agency, and ISP and Woodstock are cooperating agencies.

I can't comment on what AGM told LE or why she was quoted as she was because we don't know. For all we know that is what JW told AGM. We also know the media makes mistakes often. AGM is a neighbor helping SB get through this.... she's a 3rd party with all this just trying to help.

The 'facts' imo, should still be coming from SB directly, or Beths siblings.... the rest of it imo is hearsay....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members