Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

I'm only superficially aware of the (very limited) facts in this case but to me it smells like a cover-up of an accidental death. Perhaps Beth drowned on the lake and Wyatt said that her family could never know what she had been doing so a third party "cleaned it up" and everyone involved stuck by their vows of silence.

Usually under enough pressure from investigators someone cracks and comes clean so was maybe investigation unusually soft on this one? Maybe the death wasn't known to everyone in the party and rather than drowning it was something more intimate that happened on Sunday.

I just can't imagine a close friend of 15 years being part of a murder conspiracy without some clear connection to organized crime that investigators would have uncovered and with Beth being seen partying and acting normally on the phone during the trip. I am sure there is a less connected and shady third party that burned her body.

Eventually, someone is going to reveal what happened as a result of fresh blood on the investigation and/or old blood on someone's hands coming clean.

I'm only superficially aware of the (very limited) facts in this case but to me it smells like a cover-up of an accidental death. Perhaps Beth drowned on the lake and Wyatt said that her family could never know what she had been doing so a third party "cleaned it up" and everyone involved stuck by their vows of silence.

Usually under enough pressure from investigators someone cracks and comes clean so was maybe investigation unusually soft on this one? Maybe the death wasn't known to everyone in the party and rather than drowning it was something more intimate that happened on Sunday.

I just can't imagine a close friend of 15 years being part of a murder conspiracy without some clear connection to organized crime that investigators would have uncovered and with Beth being seen partying and acting normally on the phone during the trip. I am sure there is a less connected and shady third party that burned her body.

Eventually, someone is going to reveal what happened as a result of fresh blood on the investigation and/or old blood on someone's hands coming clean.

a friend of 15 years can change a lot when there’s narcotics or other substances influencing people’s behavior, just my opinion

I was thinking of Beth Bentley today (which I often do). I was thinking maybe we can go through the facts in regard to the weekend she went missing. I do know a lot about the case as it is, however I'm really just shocked at how this case went cold.

Beth lived in Woodstock, Illinois (which is located in McHenry County)
She spent the weekend 5 1/2 hours away from her residence with a group of people to Mount Vernon Illinois (Jackson County)
The missing persons call was made by her family in Woodstock therefore they are the primary investigation team.
Jackson County I believe had things transferred over as they were supposed to handle the case.
Word has it that Illinois State Police took over, however I have personally never seen any media on this case as far as ISP or Jackson.
Additionally, the lead investigator on this case in Woodstock retired a few years ago.
So who is leading this case?
What do we know?
Mount vernon is in Jefferson county not Jackson, I live 8 miles from mtv. Jackson county is a few counties south of us

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back