IL IL - BlkFem, BlkFem, 18-48. UP2915. severed leg found in trash recycling plant, ligature marks, positive for cocaine. March 2000.

cheemsg

Reaction score
Description (very long, edited for clarity)

On 22 March 2000, an employee of the Waste Management Trash Recycling Plant, located at 1635 W. Medill Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, discovered a human leg protruding from a black plastic trash bag. An extensive search of more than 300 tons of garbage revealed no additional remains. Upon subsequent examination it was revealed that the bag contained a right thigh and a right lower leg with foot attached. The leg had been amputated from the hip and the tissue surrounding the knee was severed and the knee bone dislocated from the leg bone. The amputation wounds appeared very neat with no signs of sawing or secondary incisions.

There were ligature marks present on both sections of leg and a brownish colored polypropylene twine apparently used as tourniquets is still present. A small amount of red nail polish was present on one of the toes. The toenails are short and clean. There is no evidence of post mortem decomposition changes in either muscle or skin. A sample was extracted from the bone and submitted for DNA analysis. It is presently on file with the FBI. Tissue sample tested positive for, Benzoylecgonine, ethanol, and cocaine.

Dismemberment was carried out very skillfully with a fine bladed instrument by a person with some basic anatomical knowledge. ViCAP Case Number 2012CPD00003. Update on 26 JUNE 2012 by Det. Czworniak A duplicate entry listed under 10349, has been deleted.

Other info:
Estimated Year of Death: 2000
Estimated PMI: 3 Days
Height: 5' 6"

One brown colored high heel womans left shoe size 7B, was recovered near by. DNA testing was inconclusive if this shoe was from this Victim.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I think they're saying that based on skin tone, the decedent could have been either Black or a darker skinned Hispanic person. I don't think they could tell what language she spoke from her leg alone.
BBM

I know they can't, but DNA can.
If she's of Hispanic ancestry we can exclude Brasil, French Guiana, Haiti, Guadeloupe, Saint Martin and Saint Barthelemy. For example, ≈ 95% of Haiti's population are black, but they are not Hispanic.

MOO JMO

ETA: Guadeloupe not Guadalupe.

Last edited:
Were any profiles of missing women in the IL area also removed?
None from Illinois, but I haven’t finished checking all the MPs and I won’t be on my computer until tomorrow. There were still 16 profiles removed that I needed to track, so maybe she’s among those.. I’ll post tomorrow if any of them could be a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back