IL IL - Bloomington, WhtFem 273UFIL, 25-40, hanged, crooked teeth, Feb'82

Thank you for bringing the search international watergirl62! What a strange case. I hope she made it away from those shady characters. Her height seems consistent, but I doubt a wealthy heiress would have the teeth of this UID, and imo her facial features look really different.

I am putting together a spreadsheet comparing this UID to Lorraine Pepe, in the hopes that it could help LE or whoever else look into it.

They both have dental records with NamUs - does this mean the most efficient way to submit would be first submitting to NamUs and asking them to compare dental info?

ETA: Would I submit to both regional administrators?

I agree, Lorraine needs to be submitted. Honestly, if she isn't a match then I am not sure a missing persons report was filed on our UID.
I haven't ever submitted before but I think it needs to go to both of the case managers listed. Always include case numbers.... I had found good example e-mails in another thread by CarlK and Cubby. I will link if I can find it again.

Eta: posts 210 and 211
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6437400

Thank you for bringing the search international watergirl62! What a strange case. I hope she made it away from those shady characters. Her height seems consistent, but I doubt a wealthy heiress would have the teeth of this UID, and imo her facial features look really different.
Yeah...I got nothing else. At all. I did find the other potential missing person whose circumstances and looks might have worked but she was listed as 5'3".

I still plan on pursuing this case, but my life is all up-in-the-air at the moment. I've moved, I'm starting a new job, yada yada yada. When things settle down a bit I will submit the potential match. I just checked NamUs and they updated the UID's info as recently as March, so someone is definitely pursuing this case in LE.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
273UFIL

273UFIL - Unidentified Female
273UFIL1.jpg
273UFIL2.jpg
273UFIL.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by Carl Koppelman, Illinois Department of Law Enforcement and Charles E. Holt.

Date of Discovery: February 2, 1982
Location of Discovery: Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Suicide by hanging

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-50 years old (most likely 35-45).
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Black, graying, shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Light brown or hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Olive complexion. She was a smoker. Prior to death people having contact with the victim indicated that she was not mentally stable. No evidence of childbirth.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Upper fronth teeth crowded together causing upper right front tooth to protrude beyond others.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue jeans, maroon V-neck sweater, rust cowl neck sweator worn under the maroon sweater, brown mouton (processed sheepskin sheared and dyed) 3/4 length fur coat, black pantyhose, white bra size 36C, pair of beige knit gloves. Brown, two eyelet Earth shoes, size approximately 8-9, one white sock on right foot, one grey sock on left foot.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: One pack Pall Mall cigarettes, one pack Now cigarettes, grey Bic lighter, small amount of United States currency, M&M peanut candy, key chain with seven keys. The keys were traced to New York City.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found hanging from a utility pole on Febryart 2, 1982. Site investigation established suicide was the cause of her death.

Investigators followed over 50 leads in the case that did not result in identifying the victim. Two people came forward and claimed they had picked the woman up hitchhiking.

A farmer and a state highway crewman had asked the woman, wandering on the highway, if she needed help, but she refused. She was found not long after.

One of her keys was traced to a locksmith from New York City and also had an address printed on it. Investigators later learned this address did not exist.

The case was passed on to De Kalb County officials in hopes to solve the case and to have a proper place to store the body before burial.

She was buried ten months after she was discovered in an unmarked grave in a cemetery near Bloomington.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: McLean County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Alex Trickett
Agency Phone Number: 309-888-5210
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N-16-414

Agency Name: McLean County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 309-888-5078/5030
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 15862

Information Source(s)
NamUs
ID Wanted Organization
The Pantagraph archives

Attachments

• 98EBB0F6-0F0C-445B-9604-8B6C3E124C74.jpeg
    98EBB0F6-0F0C-445B-9604-8B6C3E124C74.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 49
A summary of suggestions in this thread so far, excluding those whose cases have been closed or for whom links no longer work and I couldn't easily find a replacement:

Post #2 Dona Mae Bayerl submitted by @CarlK90245 in 2014
Doesn't appear on R/O list (Dona's Namus www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/19994)

Post #23 ShannaL suggested Lorraine Pepe The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Post #30 Jacobd33 suggested Karen Lee Koppel The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Post #40 @watergirl62 suggested Jaunita Joan Nielson, a high-profile case in Australia The Doe Network: Case File 552DFNSW

Somehow this woman reminds me of Kathryn, missing since 11/3/1981 (11/4, depending on the source) from Spokane, Washington.

Kathryn Marie Rahe – The Charley Project

Kathryn Marie Rahe

• 24 years old (so younger then the estimated age range 29 - 40 in the Namus file)
  • Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 130 pounds (UID 5'10 and 140 lbs estimated)
  • Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, hazel/brown eyes. (UID hair is shoulder length, black, with very small amount of grey) Would 24 be to young to get a little gray?
  • She has a bulbous nose (I don't see that in the picture, at least I wouldn't have named it like that)
  • A mole on her left wrist. (not mentioned in the Namus file)
  • A "rice tooth" on the left side of her mouth, the second tooth from the center, which is visible when she smiles. (the picture is not very bright, but it doesn't look like the rice tooth is on the left site?)
  • She has previously fractured her left arm twice. (they examined the body, not the skeleton, so they wouldn't know that)
  • As far as I know she had no children.
  • A gold wedding ring with a diamond. (not mentioned in the Namus file....no jewelry at all)
It's probably not her, but I wanted to discuss her with you.

upload_2020-6-13_12-53-52.pngupload_2020-6-13_12-54-7.png
KMRahe1.jpg

From the Namus file

"It should be noted one of the keys found is traced to a New York City locksmith. The tax stamps on the cigarette packs have been traced to southwestern Illinois and southeastern Indiana".

Adress she was found at from maps:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

She looks Italian or Jewish, I think she was transient, Maybe from NY or NJ with large Jewish and Italian populations. She's 5'10 which is tall fora woman. Since she had mental problems It's possible she was enstraged from her family and she didn't give birth either, maybe she was on a mental hospital that she run away from. Probably never reported missing. Sad story.

Lorraine Pepe fits the profile well, but sadly there'sno photo for comparsion.

FYI: I submitted Canadian MP, Nancy Dale Wyman, as a match. The detective on the case and coroner both thought it was her. The siblings submitted DNA and I got the call yesterday that it is *not* her. We all had such high hopes.

FYI: I submitted Canadian MP, Nancy Dale Wyman, as a match. The detective on the case and coroner both thought it was her. The siblings submitted DNA and I got the call yesterday that it is *not* her. We all had such high hopes.

Rats, what a pity. At least LE will have DNA on file for future comparisons.

Current NamUs Rule Outs:

Sharon Hensley 02/01/1973 Calcasieu LA
Emily Richards 01/01/1964 Los Angeles CA
Jody Ledkins 05/23/1985 Jackson MO

From WS submission:
Nancy Dale Wyman Canada

If you take a real good at the PM her eyebrows look very thick....Non of that I see in the different recons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back