Found Deceased IL - Brissa Romero, 17, from Carpentersville, gray 2008 Nissan Rogue, didn't return from a work party at Bowlero, Vernon Hills, 4 Dec 2023

Rear hatch was open.
When a vehicle sinks, the front of the car sinks first (weight of the engine). Your escape route becomes the rear hatch which would float longer and might have an oxygen pocket. Sadly, it looks like she tried to escape out the rear hatch. I suspect they will find her in the pond tomorrow.

So sad for her family

JMO

There is a street light in the median of Executive Way where it ends at Lakeview Pkwy., but how much light it throws on the intersection, IDK. (ETA: Bing Streetside from July 2021, later than Google)
There's no Two-Direction Large Arrow sign (or a bigger, "busier" sign, or those small yellow or red diamonds) to warn motorists of it.
FRW852.gif

Last edited:
Sadly, what I was expecting when both she AND the vehicle vanished, but absolutely heartbreaking. As a Mom of a young woman myself, I can't imagine what her family has gone through this last week. My heart goes out to them and everyone that helped search for her. WGN just updated the story 2 minutes ago. Missing Carpentersville teen’s car pulled from pond in Vernon Hills

There is a street light in the median of Executive Way where it ends at Lakeview Pkwy., but how much light it throws on the intersection, IDK.

There's no Two-Direction Large Arrow sign (or a bigger, "busier" sign, or those small yellow or red diamonds) to warn motorists of it.

View attachment 467452
No signage,ugh .there should at least be the yellow turn left/right sign.

thoughts are with her family - I hope they recover her body tomorrow.

Not the news we wanted but as soon as I saw all those ponds along the route she was driving I suspected this was the case.

I can’t begin to imagine the poor girls panic in the water

Loads of love sent to this dear family who will miss Brissa forevermore. Pretty lady gone too soon. RIP

Police said the car traveled as far as 60 feet into the pond, and they believe she may have been unfamiliar with the area - which is a T-shaped intersection where the driver must turn right or left to remain on the road - and thus driven through the intersection, down an embankment and into the pond.

Their search has now turned into a recovery operation, police said.
Car belonging to missing Carpentersville teen Brissa Romero found in Vernon Hills retention pond

The family is offering a $14,000 reward for a tip that leads to finding Brissa Romero.

Contact: Sgt. Webb with the Carpentersville Police Department at 847-551-3481 or QuadCom Dispatch at 847-428-8784

What does it look like when it's dark out?
It’s a lit intersection.There would be a hotel to her left. When she turns off of 21 the stop sign is a very short distance. No way for her to gain any speed.. She would have to stop and wait for cross traffic. Especially at that time of day. If she drove straight into that pond she would first hit a huge curb and then possibly a tree and travel down the hill into the water . There is no way someone did not see this happen. It’s so busy in that area . Especially that time of day and during the holiday season.

My question is that if the hatch was open, would she not have been able to get out?
Or would the circumstances of the possible crash have forced the hatch to open? If she drove it into the water wouldn’t she still be in the car?

My question is that if the hatch was open, would she not have been able to get out?
Or would the circumstances of the possible crash have forced the hatch to open? If she drove it into the water wouldn’t she still be in the car?

My guess is she managed to open the hatch and did make it out of the vehicle but either ran out of time and couldn’t swim to the surface, or was disoriented/injured as a result of the crash and drowned. I believe they will recover her body tomorrow when the search continues and dive teams are back out there.

My guess is she managed to open the hatch and did make it out of the vehicle but either ran out of time and couldn’t swim to the surface, or was disoriented/injured as a result of the crash and drowned. I believe they will recover her body tomorrow when the search continues and dive teams are back out there.
I'm guessing the water would be super cold right now, too? Illinois isn't exactly tropical. Hypothermia can kill fast.

MOO

If you look at Google maps street view, you can see that when you are on the little entrance street (Executive Way) to get onto Lakeview Parkway, the curb directly across is a ramp. She had a small car so I wonder if she somehow drove onto the walking path and ended up in the pond/lake that way?

Road.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back