Found Deceased IL - Brittany Battaglia, 33, last seen at new boyfriend’s house, missed business trip, Chicago, 2 June 2023

A reputable Chicago scanner site has alluded to details along these lines as well. I imagine we'll be hearing many more details in the not too distant future.:

An autopsy found she had suffered “multiple incised wounds,” and her death was ruled a homicide, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Per her roommate:

"I've definitely warned her about this person, but Brittany's nature is to see the good in everybody."

Hello everyone sorry for not updating. Everything happened so fast. The police went to her boyfriends home, and found her deceased in the home. I needed time to kinda process with my friends and such.

Thank you to everyone we who posted in my place.
@AubrieC
I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

Sending prayers and comfort to you and her friends and family.

Quamieshia Greathouse, Brittany's roommate and best friend, said Brittany told her she was going to her boyfriend's home to cook him dinner on Friday night. AJ Battaglia, Brittany's brother, said that night, Brittany's phone location was turned off, and no one could reach her after that.

"She told me that she was going to go over there, cook him a meal, make sure he ate something, drink some waters. She was going to come back home to get ready for her friends mom's birthday party."

My mind is blown as to how THIS particular evening ended in murder. Despite her busy schedule (friends mom's bday party, upcoming work trip Monday to prepare for) she was going over specifically to dote on her boyfriend by doing something incredibly nice for him.

<modsnip: There are no officially named POIs/suspects at this time.>

What in the world happened that evening?!

Murder is always sad but there's something so much worse when it's a good samaritan, a stranger trying to help, or a girlfriend attempting an act of kindness that makes it so much more cruel.

<modsnip: Alluding to individual who is not an officially named POI in this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Very disappointing to see the violations of Websleuths very basic rules in this thread, two of which are:

Sleuthing individuals who are not officially named by LE to be POI/suspect is NOT ALLOWED.

Sleuthing and linking to family social media is NOT ALLOWED.

^ Websleuths 101 folks !! ^

An autopsy found she had suffered “multiple incised wounds,” and her death was ruled a homicide, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

No charges have been announced against the suspect, who was arrested in 2009 and charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault and attempted murder. He entered a guilty plea in 2011 but details were not immediately available in court records.

CBS 2 is not identifying the person while charges are pending, but Battaglia's family identified the man as the same person Battaglia was dating, a 34-year-old registered sex offender, according to state records and court documents. He had been previously charged with attempted murder and sexual assault using a weapon back in 2009, around the same time he was added to the registry.

"I hope this guy rots," AJ said. "I hope he never sees the light of day ever again. I talked to this man myself yesterday and it's just crazy. I mean we knew, we all thought this guy had something to do with it and he was playing dumb."

34-year-old registered sex offender, according to state records and court documents. He had been previously charged with attempted murder and sexual assault using a weapon back in 2009, around the same time he was added to the registry.
Suspect arrested in slaying of woman found in Logan Square apartment

Video below says 2000 Block of North Kimbal.
Missing Chicago woman found dead in apartment a block from her home: brother

<modsnip: Until/unless a suspect or POI has been named by law enforcement, sleuthing of anyone other than the victim is not allowed.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Has he been named yet?
I know his name/her brother posted it publicly. The police however have not released that information to the public.

I am thinking its because he IS a sex offender and her murder was a re-offence. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not without getting in trouble from mods.

Her autopsy confirmed she passed from mutiple stab wounds. She suffered. We are angry and demanding justice.

Hopefully his name will get dropped soon by authorities.

1686139989623-jpeg.427213

So sad for Brittany's family. All that potential snuffed out before so many milestones ever had a chance to be experienced.

Not much more to be said until the name drops and we can sleuth and discuss the accused. I expect we will get that name from LE sometime this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest.

Finally named publicly!

Still haven't charged him with the murder, but getting close...

Genesis Silva, 34, was charged with a felony count of concealing the death of Brittany Battaglia and a misdemeanor count of obstructing an officer, according to Chicago police.

Police said the investigation into the slaying "remains ongoing by area detectives at the time."

More from the article above:

Her brother, AJ Battaglia, said he believes Silva remains the prime suspect in the killing. He said investigators have told the family they "are thoroughly investigating and trying to do everything by the book" to bring first-degree murder charges in the case.

More about the origin of his sex offender and previous attempted murder crime (worth clicking to see highlights I bolded, IMO):

The victim, DO, was his wife at the time, Cook County court records show.

In a deposition in subsequent divorce proceedings, DO told a judge that Silva initially punched her in the chest and held her down with his knees. The violence continued the following day, when DO said he threw her onto a bed, bit and choked her and then threatened her with a knife and sexually assaulted her.

In an interview, DO insisted that prosecutors just “wanted to settle” the case, noting that having him placed on the sex offender registry was “the bare minimum” she asked for. She complained he wasn’t incarcerated after initially facing 13 charges, all of which were Class X felonies, the most serious offenses in the state.

The state’s attorney’s office did not say Wednesday why the charges were dismissed or why Silva was sentenced to probation.

<snip>

It culminated with them getting married, DO said, describing the nuptials as “a stupid teenage thing” that happened with little fanfare.

Last edited:
Still more about Genesis...what a creep!
Eventually, though, Silva’s “dark side” began to rear its head. DO [previous victim] said he lied compulsively, obsessively had sex with random people and was stifled by childhood traumas and his troubled relationship with his mother.

“He had a deep hate for women,” DO said. “Everything with him was about sexual degradation. He liked to justify his violent tendencies, saying it was just sexual preferences.”

<snip> “It basically came out of nowhere when he attacked me,” she added.

“It’s definitely one of those American Psycho type of things because it’s like two completely different sides of a person,” she said <snip>

When she was told Silva was a suspect in Battaglia’s killing, DO said she hoped he would “have to go away for hopefully the rest of his life.”

“I’m also really sad that this even had to happen in the first place,” she said. “In my opinion, he should’ve gone away to prison when he tried to kill me.

And from another acquaintance of Genesis Silva:

A former acquaintance of Silva’s, who requested anonymity out of fear of retaliation, recalled disturbing encounters with him, describing him as a “manipulative” person with a sometimes intimidating presence and fiery temper.

Their relationship frayed after he made an alarming sexual overture and openly started using cocaine.

He also had a “collection” of knives and always kept one on him, the acquaintance said. “He’s really, really into knives,” the acquaintance said. “And he talked about them all the time.”

The knife thing fits with the COD mentioned previously.

Battaglia remembered his sister as a free spirit who "always lived life to the fullest." She worked as a cosmetologist and esthetician but was also an artist, the family has said.

"She didn’t care about what people thought about her, she didn’t care about the stigma of certain things," he said. "She lived life how she wanted to live it and she was happy."

"It's just unfair and it doesn't make sense. To see my parents have to deal with it themselves, it's tough to see," AJ said. "It just sucks that she'll never get to become a mother or be married."

AJ said his sister "was just a very good person."

"She got along with everybody," he said. "She tries to see the good in everybody doesn't matter who you are. She had such a diverse friend group, which was really cool to see."

Brittany was described as a free-spirited woman who loved music and helping others.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The boyfriend of Brittany Battaglia is scheduled to appear in bond court Thursday in connection with her death, police said.

Battaglia was found stabbed to death earlier this week in Logan Square.

Genesis Silva, who is identified by Battaglia's family as her boyfriend, is facing one felony count of concealing a homicide as well as a misdemeanor for obstructing an officer. Silva has not been charged with Battaglia's murder.
Brittany Battaglia's boyfriend due in court on charges connected to her death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back