Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age 20 years
Maximum age 40 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 140, Estimated
Height (inches) 63, Measured
Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death to
Estimated postmortem interval Weeks

Hair color Black
Head hair
Dark brown to black, shoulder length.

Clothing on body
Black lace dress, mid thigh length, with full left sleeve and off of right shoulder. Pink and black underwire bra. Thong panties.
Clothing with body
Footwear
High heel sandals.

One of my dad's best friends lived in Casey, so we visited a lot when I was a kid 15 or so years ago. Casey is kind of in the middle of nowhere, and I cannot imagine that there are any night clubs in town at all. I can imagine myself wearing the outfit the deceased is wearing, and I'm not a prostitute! Lace is very "in" right now. So either it's just a fashionable young gal, or a body dump from southern IL (the east side of St. Louis). Might be the latter since she hasn't been identified yet. I don't think Casey gets a lot of tourists.

ETA: hope this rambling makes some sense! I've got the cold of the year right now!

One of my dad's best friends lived in Casey, so we visited a lot when I was a kid 15 or so years ago. Casey is kind of in the middle of nowhere, and I cannot imagine that there are any night clubs in town at all. I can imagine myself wearing the outfit the deceased is wearing, and I'm not a prostitute! Lace is very "in" right now. So either it's just a fashionable young gal, or a body dump from southern IL (the east side of St. Louis). Might be the latter since she hasn't been identified yet. I don't think Casey gets a lot of tourists.

ETA: hope this rambling makes some sense! I've got the cold of the year right now!

Thanks for the info! :happydance:

I think that while to outfit could be nighttime wear, it could certainly be a day outfit.

Her outfit makes me think that she was abducted, maybe raped, and killed, all in 24 hours. It's sad how many cases like this exist.

I was thinking we had a thread on this girl right after she was found. The description of her clothes reminds me of it but I cant find it. Maybe it was a different case, does anyone remember? It wasn't very long and not necessarily in the unidentified section.

Dumped from westbound lane of I-70, so maybe from the direction of Indianapolis.

Interesting.

Based on that, I found Jessica Masker:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23418/0/

The weight's off for sure, but that was estimated(the UID's weight). The height's close, and the time frame matches up fairly well.

I think the UID's nose is wider, and so is her face. Yet still, I thought she might be interesting.

attachment.php

I'd submit. That's quite a resemblance.

The only questionable thing is her tattoo. But it could've decomposed based on the state of the remains.

A side by side.

I apologize for the size difference! I'm still learning.

I read where Amanda also had a tattoo on each foot.

There's a slight profile photo of Amanda and comparing it to this UIDs slight profile the nose looks different to me, I'm not sure what they had to work with however or how close this reconstruction is.

I read where Amanda also had a tattoo on each foot.

There's a slight profile photo of Amanda and comparing it to this UIDs slight profile the nose looks different to me, I'm not sure what they had to work with however or how close this reconstruction is.

The remains were estimated to have been there for a couple of months. They were probably entirely skeletal. All flesh, and The tattoos on it were probably gone. The nose size, breadth, and positioning can be estimated based on certain skeletal markers, but much of the shape of the nose is a guess

Physical characteristics do line up, Carl, but there's the issue of the hair color. Amanda's is listed as brown, hair looks pretty light, and they're saying black. There's a Facebook page, and none of the photos features her with dark hair. The brow region on Amanda lines up particularly well, though.

I'd submit. That's quite a resemblance.

The only questionable thing is her tattoo. But it could've decomposed based on the state of the remains.

I apologize for the size difference! I'm still learning.

Submitted by email to Emily Craig.

The particulars are all pretty much in line.

• Her age (30) is right in the middle of the UP age estimate (20-40)
• Her height (62 inches) is within an inch of the UP height estimate (63 inches)
• Her weight (130 lbs), is reasonably close to the UP weight estimate (140 lbs)
• Her Date LKA (9-Aug-13) is reasonably close to the Discovery Date/PM Interval (18-Oct-13 with a postmortem interval of "weeks")
• Her Location LKA (Springfield Ohio) is about 240 miles directly east via I-70 from where the remains were found (Casey Illinois).

Physical characteristics do line up, Carl, but there's the issue of the hair color. Amanda's is listed as brown, hair looks pretty light, and they're saying black. There's a Facebook page, and none of the photos features her with dark hair. The brow region on Amanda lines up particularly well, though.

That's a valid point, but she seems to have dark roots. It's most likely that only parts of her hair were found at the scene. That could be her roots. "Dark brown to black" for head hair makes sense for such a thing.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...al-missing-woman-is-dead/nb87D/?__federated=1

"Ward-Romine is described as 5-foot, 2-inch woman who weighs about 130 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. She has a tattoo of a fish on the right side of her neck, the name “Danny” tattooed on her right foot and “Romine” tattooed on her left foot."

Seeing that makes me question this UID. But still, some articles are inaccurate.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/amanda-ward-romine/
"Reports state that it is believed that the last person to see her was her husband."

Hmmm...

http://www.abc22now.com/template/cg...-stories/stories/archive/2013/12/6Mx8xfGU.xml

"Amanda's sister tells us Amanda had recently left her husband because he was abusive. Searching through a few court records, the couple does have a history of domestic abuse."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...da-Ward-Romine-30-Springfield-early-July-2013

I wonder if her husband has any connections to Illinois?

Interesting.

Based on that, I found Jessica Masker:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23418/0/

The weight's off for sure, but that was estimated(the UID's weight). The height's close, and the time frame matches up fairly well.

I think the UID's nose is wider, and so is her face. Yet still, I thought she might be interesting.

Just an observation about this girl fwiw, I was looking at her case, we have a thread on her here and she also has a FB missing page and although Namus doesn't mention them it turns out she has six tattoo's including a large one on her lower back.

Just an observation about this girl fwiw, I was looking at her case, we have a thread on her here and she also has a FB missing page and although Namus doesn't mention them it turns out she has six tattoo's including a large one on her lower back.
'

Thank you! I never would've found that otherwise. Then again, I bet those tattoos wouldn't be visible based on the state of the remains.

I think Amanda Romine's husband name is Danny, based on the tattoo.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/municipal-court-for-jan-30/nNqs2/?__federated=1

"Danny Michael Romine, 39, of 937 Avondale Ave., assault, dismissed."

If anyone could find any potential connections with him to Illinois, or just anything about him in general, that would be great!

Our UID's rule out list:

Beata Candre 1965 Illinois
Rosemary Day 1983 Florida
Peggy Dianovsky 1954 Illinois
Alicia Digna 1982 Michigan
Terri Earhart 1958 Illinois
Sylvia Galvan 1981 Michigan
Barbara Glueckert 1962 Illinois
Delores Griffin 1942 Illinois
Barbara Hilton 1949 Illinois
Diana Laughlin 1950 Illinois
Angela Marshky 1979 Illinois