Identified! IL - Chicago, frozen remains found, Jan'08 - Carolyn Schranz

"There is a gap there and that usually indicates the killings stopped, maybe because Davis was their man."

Possibly,but then again,look at BTK.He had long stretch between killings.

Yep, nothing is impossible. Especially when it comes to the truly crazy.

Awwww how sad that this woman had to endure that type of horrible death. I do hope we find out who she is soon and the person responsible is caught.

I'm confused. Why was this moved from the unidentified forum to the stacy peterson forum if police have already stated she is NOT SP?

I'm confused. Why was this moved from the unidentified forum to the stacy peterson forum if police have already stated she is NOT SP?

LOL, Cubby, I'm glad you noticed that too.

I was just rubbing my eyes and wondering the same thing. I thought maybe she HAD been id'd as Stacy.

Thanks, I thought I was seeing things too and maybe she had been id'd as SP after all. Had to go check the news.

Sure got my attention. Well, darn.

Multiple stab wounds. There has to be some bloody evidence somewhere for this crime. :(

I'm wondering if it's possible if this murder is related to the Chicago Jane Doe/Marlaina "Nikki" Reed murder...

Is there any other info we can go on besides the facts (and rumor) below?

Facts:
- Victim is white
- Victim has reddish blonde hair (some reports say "light reddish blonde")
- Victim's age is unknown
- Victim was stabbed multiple times
- Victim was badly decomposed
- Victim was frozen to the ground
- Victim was found just South of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal about a 100 feet from the railroad tracks in a field behind a trucking company in the 3400 block of South Kedzie Avenue in Chicago
- Victim was found on Friday January 25th at about 1:18 p.m.
- Victim was found by a surveyor for the Village of Lyons
- Victim is NOT Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic per Monique Bond of the Chicago Police Department ("The finding was based on experts' review of the physical attributes of the remains.")

Rumor:
- Victim was apparently on the smaller side (since it was rumored that it was possibly an adolescent's body initially)

Nancy Grace is featuring this story tonight.

I wouldn't call it "featuring" it. I turned her on at 7PM CST and she was talking about the body and how it is not Stacy Peterson then turned the discussion into talking about DP. Then went on to Cesar Laurean and the arrest warrant issued by Mexican offficials.

I don't know what happened on her 9PM CST show, as I didn't watch it...

I wouldn't call it "featuring" it. I turned her on at 7PM CST and she was talking about the body and how it is not Stacy Peterson then turned the discussion into talking about DP. Then went on to Cesar Laurean and the arrest warrant issued by Mexican offficials.

I don't know what happened on her 9PM CST show, as I didn't watch it...

The show that is on at 9 is a repeat of the show that comes on at 7 :)

Possible?

Heather Marie McCord of Lake Villa, IL missing since 12/29/2007: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
I performed a search on MySpace for Heather McCord within 100 miles of 60601 (Chicago's downtown zip code) and found a 16 year old Heather McCord living in Machesney Park, IL (near Rockford), unsure if it's her... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43879805

Maybe. Lake Villa is so far north from where this body was found. I'd wonder why she'd run that far south.
Also, I don't believe this has anything to do with Marlaina "niki" Reed. The distance between Chicago's Humboldt Park Neighborhood and Lyons is too great.

I've been searching but have not found any additional news on this body.

Maybe. Lake Villa is so far north from where this body was found. I'd wonder why she'd run that far south.
Also, I don't believe this has anything to do with Marlaina "niki" Reed. The distance between Chicago's Humboldt Park Neighborhood and Lyons is too great.

I've been searching but have not found any additional news on this body.

I think the myspace I found is Heather's anyways. Machesney Park is MUCH closer to Lake Villa and makes sense that she'd run away to Rockford, since it's near her.

Frozen human remains found Friday afternoon in a Southwest Side field were those of a 41-year-old woman who had been stabbed to death, officials said Wednesday.

The family of Carolyn Schranz, of an unspecified address, went to the Cook County medical examiner's office to confirm her identity on Wednesday, an office spokeswoman said. Schranz died of multiple stab wounds, according to an autopsy conducted Saturday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-human-remainsjan31,0,3162033.story

Bless her heart. I hope they find the person responsible and justice will be done for Carolyn. She is at home where she belongs now.

My heart does go out to her family. I cannot imagine the shock and horror they faced finding out it was her.

It makes me sick to see how many families have to go through this because someone decided it was their choice to take a life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back