IL - Child says she saw another girl tied up in van of man who tried to kidnap her

It's breaking all over the place now. Surely police haven't JUST released the news though?

'The girl was able to break free from the man and run away, but reported to authorities she saw a black girl, approximately 12 years old, inside the van with her hands and legs duct taped, screaming for help, police said'

It's a full size white van with painted windows, whatever that means.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/26369728/police-search-for-south-side-kidnapping-suspect

There is a comment at your link ...

KENWOOD — A masked man attempted to abduct and rape a girl from Kenwood Academy last week, according to police.

A large man of unknown ethnicity wearing a black mask pulled a Kenwood student into a white van through the side door around 5 p.m. near the school, 5015 S. Blackstone Ave., said police, who could not say which day the incident occurred.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2014...-abducted-almost-raped-near-school-police-say

Just thinking out loud, hasn't it happened before where a perp brings along another victim to help gain the trust of the other victim / help in the abduction? I'm trying to remember if is this a movie I'm thinking of, or if this has this really happened? Not saying this is the case here, as the child was described as being tied up, but just wondering...

Maybe the perp could not leave the other victim where she was being held for whatever reason (perp got called out on a long job, or maintenance/family was coming to the house, etc.). Or maybe a transfer of the victim to a new location was in progress when the other potential victim was spotted.

Worrisome bc the description of the gray hair on the wrist, that is a pretty specific detail...

The similarity and proximity of the other incident is worrisome.

(of course, the creepy old white van again)---I think popsicle I were going to start a thread one time about creepy white vans.

(O/T, I'm reminded of that case where the photo was found at the convenience store of the 2 children, boy and girl, tied up, years and years ago. I came across a thread here on that case---iirc, there was a promising match made. Also reminded of 2 other cases here, the girl in Vermont running through the words, and the sighting of a possible abduction on the 4th of July with the painter van)

Just thinking out loud, hasn't it happened before where a perp brings along another victim to help gain the trust of the other victim / help in the abduction? I'm trying to remember if is this a movie I'm thinking of, or if this has this really happened? Not saying this is the case here, as the child was described as being tied up, but just wondering...

Maybe the perp could not leave the other victim where she was being held for whatever reason (perp got called out on a long job, or maintenance/family was coming to the house, etc.). Or maybe a transfer of the victim to a new location was in progress when the other potential victim was spotted.

Worrisome bc the description of the gray hair on the wrist, that is a pretty specific detail...

That certainly is possible where a targeted victim can be lured into a situation where it appears another child is with the individual but, if the story is being reported corrected, the other girl had been tied up in the back of the van, so I do not think she would be the "bait" to get the other girl in the van.

Another unknown in this scenario is if the person that tried to grab the second girl is the only person in the van, or if there is a driver as well. Depending on if there are one or two kidnappers can dramatically change the possible scenarios.

Hopefully more information will be released soon and the person (people) can be caught and the girl saved.

(of course, the creepy old white van again)---I think popsicle I were going to start a thread one time about creepy white vans.

Should break a WS record in length of a thread...:D

(so... So..... Many.....)

Did Michael Devlin use Shawn Hornbeck to kidnap Ben Ownby?

:eek: :eek: Could this be true? Something sounds off to me. :waitasec:

When you posted this originally, I simply just passed it over, but as each day goes by without new information, I too have begun to feel something is off. If there is a girl that had been kidnapped and in a back of the van, I hope there would be a more urgent response and that someone in the community would recognize if a girl is missing.

This is a very interesting and odd situation.

Whether there is truth to her story or not, it is important to remember that thousands of kids go missing and are not reported. So, it is always possible for it to be true and to not find records of a MP in the area or recently.

Do u all remember the pic that they thought was Tara Calico and an unidentified boy? They looked like they were in a van? I really don't know where I was going with that........will someone finish my thought?

Do u all remember the pic that they thought was Tara Calico and an unidentified boy? They looked like they were in a van? I really don't know where I was going with that........will someone finish my thought?

I do remember that photo as well, somewhere on Websleuths there is a very long thread to that. When I read your initial post regarding that, the connection I made is that the kidnappers apparently drove around with multiple victims in the back of the van, even though there is little context from the image to know how long they had been held, etc.

Thank you J, that's what I was trying to spit out:)

Maybe the girl in the van was someone the guy knew, a neighbor or maybe a friend's kid, maybe related to them, taking them round and abusing them. Could be why they weren't reported.

Maybe the girl in the van was someone the guy knew, a neighbor or maybe a friend's kid, maybe related to them, taking them round and abusing them. Could be why they weren't reported.

Very, very likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back