IL IL - Christie Cales, 40, Blue Island, 11 March 1998

I have the sad feeling that Christie Cales is wandering around, mentally ill, one of the "untouchables". I hope that she is ok, wherever she is, and perhaps is able (someday) to resurface and share about her childrens' lives.

So much tragedy in this case.

My heart goes out to Cassandra and I admire her greatly.

Cassandra lost two siblings (one in a house fire, one to SIDS), her mother was charged with neglecting her brother, brother ends up in jail, mom has severe mental/addiction problems and is always running off & then finally disappears for good, and her sister disappears. Cassandra had several siblings but really has none now (I think the brother is still in jail).
Yet, Cassandra is still seeking justice for Stacy.
Stacy's two children don't have their mama. Stacy adopted Drew's two children with Kathleen and treated them as her own. Four children have no mother (two of them have lost two mothers). Their father is in jail and a convicted murderer.

So much tragedy.

Bumping for Christie. Her DNA profile states sample submitted-tests not complete.
So does her daughter's.
Does anyone know how long they've been in limbo like that?
Theirs is another example of where comparing UP to UP would possibly help ID them, even if their MP DNA profiles aren't up to date.
For those of you who haven't come across any of my posts, I've frequently wondered if CODIS does that outside of cases where UPs are found together.
Christie's NamUs page for quick reference: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2402/80

Just came across this heartbreaking story. I kind of think Christie was mentally ill and had addiction problems. So perhaps she left to go buy drugs, work the streets for money,etc and ended up overdosing and dying and someone hid her in fear, or perhaps she was picked up by a psycho who murdered her. My initial instinct is just that she was in the Wong place at the wrong time and that her lifestyle lead to her death.

as for Stacy, dp probably was aware of her mother and recreated a similar scene for Stacy. Part of me likes to think that maybe she ran far, far away from him and is in hiding..but wonder why if she did that, why didn't she take the kids? More than likely dp murdered her.

Just noting, Blue Island is (arguably) one of Chicago's more dangerous suburbs. Source: "With a crime rate of 35 per one thousand residents, Blue Island has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 29." Source: "Overall, crime in Blue Island is 50.15% above the national average" There are known drug crime issues for Blue Island, and those issues have been there for decades Parts of Blue Island are quite charming looking, pretty gingerbread-looking frame houses, nice restaurants and pizzerias, and it has many neighborhoods and churches. Lots of old timers have been there forever. But it's dark there compared to Chicago, which is very well-lit at night, and there are pockets of more wooded areas. There is definitely crime there and has been for a very long time. There was a case of a murdered and abducted child nearby (from Midlothian), and her body was discovered behind a Blue Island apartment building, and that's way back in 1988, it was a very high-profile case for its time. Blue Island has a pretty rough reputation compared to Bolingbrook. It would be (arguably) a very dangerous place for anyone at all "into" drugs, or anyone who's not vigilant and exercising heightened awareness of his/her surroundings. Source: "For Blue Island, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small)." MOO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back