GUILTY IL - Christopher Valdez, 4, beaten to death, Chicago, 25 Nov 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand the complexity of this type of situation. But just this week we are reading about a boy who has been removed from his home by CPS because he is severely overweight. This child WAS on the radar of CPS due to physical violence and they failed to save him. The disparity between the two just boggles my mind.

I could not agree more!!! Thanks button wasn't enough! :)

Brown Rice have you been in that situation ?
--DV-- nothing the cops can do unless theres bruizes or blood -- if you try to get protective over grandkids even your own kids )if they're with stepparant, the abusers will shut you out. So people try not to "rock the boat" it's a helpless situation.
Sure you can go grab the child - but you are gonna have to run and hide-forever.
Or you will end up with abduction charges or restraining orders, and the child will go directly back to the parent.
Don't blame the family - they have no power.

Unfortunately you are so right! I did rock the boat,did not get to see grandson for a few months.Went on a writing jag from local politicians to the new head of child protection agency.I was ready to run but realized they would catch me and if I went to jail who would be there fighting for him?But I let head supervisor and abusers know if anything ever was done to him again,I would gladly go to jail forever.So even though case is closed they go check house monthly.I see him every 2 weeks for weekend and make surprise visits all the time.I smile in faces of those I despise.System has to change or we will keep losing children who could have been saved.:furious::furious::furious:Most children here CPS knew about but did nothing to even try to save them.:furious::furious::furious:

Thank you for this comment, nao. We are going through a similar "situation" (aka "hell") right now. All that we can do is hope that our son wins full custody. We let our grandson know how much we love him and that even when he's not at home, he is always in our hearts. But when he's visiting his mother all we can do is anxiously wait his return and hope for the best.

It is hell :furious:I will keep your family in my prayers.

Unfortunately you are so right! I did rock the boat,did not get to see grandson for a few months.Went on a writing jag from local politicians to the new head of child protection agency.I was ready to run but realized they would catch me and if I went to jail who would be there fighting for him?But I let head supervisor and abusers know if anything ever was done to him again,I would gladly go to jail forever.So even though case is closed they go check house monthly.I see him every 2 weeks for weekend and make surprise visits all the time.I smile in faces of those I despise.System has to change or we will keep losing children who could have been saved.:furious::furious::furious:Most children here CPS knew about but did nothing to even try to save them.:furious::furious::furious:

Thank you for what you did.

Thank you for this comment, nao. We are going through a similar "situation" (aka "hell") right now. All that we can do is hope that our son wins full custody. We let our grandson know how much we love him and that even when he's not at home, he is always in our hearts. But when he's visiting his mother all we can do is anxiously wait his return and hope for the best.

I cannot even imagine living through this type of hell. That is horrible. Hopefully your grandson, knowing how much you love him, can come to you if he needs to and let you know if something is going on.

CPS still checks the house even though the case is closed and there are no recent referrals? That's highly illegal in and of itself. I hope, in this case only, that the parents never catch on, or they will get a nice fat settlement and likely disappear with the kid forever.

From June 2014:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Man-Gets-75-Years-for-Chicago-Boys-Beating-Death-264100361.html

A man has been sentenced to 75 years in prison for the beating death of his girlfriend's son, who was killed on his fourth birthday...

During his trial, Ruiz admitted using makeup to conceal bruises on the boy's body. But he maintained he didn't kill the child.

The boy's mother, Crystal Valdez, is also charged.

Her case is still pending, as far as I can tell.

Mother found guilty in beating death of 4-year-old son

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-mother-beating-death-trial-met-20170920-story.html

On Thursday evening, a Cook County jury found 34-year-old Crystal Valdez guilty of first-degree murder in her youngest son's death — a case that highlighted a string of failures in the state's beleaguered child welfare system.

Jurors deliberated for about an hour before returning the guilty verdict.

The conviction came after three days of wrenching testimony that left witnesses, jurors and the defendant herself in tears.

Mother called 'monster,' sentenced to 35 years in prison for beating son to death on 4th birthday
Valdez’s brother, Joseph, who discovered Christopher’s body along with his wife, tore into his sister earlier in the nearly six-hour hearing at Leighton Criminal Court Building.

“You don’t deserve the title of mother,” he told his sister, his voice shaking with emotion. “You’re a monster.”

Valdez’s live-in boyfriend, Cesar Ruiz, was convicted of the murder at a trial in 2013 and later sentenced to 75 years in prison.

In imposing the 35-year sentence, Judge Stanley Sacks said, “We have two demons in this case."

"She didn't care about that boy at all," the judge said about Valdez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back