IL - David Chereck, 15, abducted & murdered, Skokie, 1 Jan 1992 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by bessie, Feb 4, 2014.

1. bessie

bessie <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

Victim: DAVID CHERECK

DATE OF CRIME: JANUARY 2, 1992

RACE: WHITE

AGE AT TIME OF INCIDENT: 15

LOCATION OF INCIDENT:
    LINNE WOODS FOREST PRESERVE
    MORTON GROVE, IL

(AREA OF 9136 MCVICKER
    MORTON GROVE, IL.)

INFORMATION: ON JANUARY 2, 1992 THE BODY OF 15 YEAR OLD DAVID CHERECK WAS DISCOVERED IN THE LINNE WOODS FOREST PRESERVE IN MORTON GROVE, IL BY A CITIZEN WHO WAS WALKING HIS DOG. THE VICTIM WAS LAST SEEN BY HIS FRIENDS ON JANUARY 1, 1992 AT APPROXIMATELY 10:30PM. THE VICTIM'S FRIEND OBSERVED CHERECK WALKING HOME DOWN HARMS ROAD FROM LINCOLN AVE IN SKOKIE, IL. CHERECK WAS ALONE AT THE TIME AND WITHIN 2 BLOCKS OF HIS RESIDENCE

Anyone with information relative to this case is urged to
    contact the Cook County Sheriff's Police Cold Case Unit at: (708) 865-4549
    or by email at: Sheriff.Coldcase@cookcountyil.gov
    All calls are considered confidential.
    *** A reward is offered through Cook County Crime Stoppers ***

http://www.cookcountysheriff.com/sheriffs_police/coldcase/coldCaseDavidChereck_92-000298.html

2. Loading...

3. bessie

bessie <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

Police Question Strangled Skokie Boy`s Peers Again
    Chereck`s Killing Still A Mystery
    Family's Pain Grows With Time

4. LR1

LR1 Member

5. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://skokie.suntimes.com/2014/07/29/los-angeles-man-arrested-in-1992-murder-of-skokie-teen-2/

7. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Chuck Goudie and the I-Team interviewed Serritella in 1998, during which he provided specific details about the abduction and murder.

"I was traveling down the street there, ah, this boy waved his hand at me, you know? And I was going about 35 miles an hour, I didn't know what he was waving about. So I stopped, I went ahead and stopped. I looked in my rear-view mirror and there was another white car, similar to mine, that this boy jumped into. And as he jumped in, then I took off and they took off, and they passed me," said Serritella in 1998.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-arrested-in-1992-murder-of-skokie-teen/215584/

8. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

9. LR1

LR1 Member

The guy is definitely sketchy as hell and seemed to be struggling to keep his story straight. This could be his age showing or it could be that he's a pathological liar as most sociopaths are. If he's guilty why stop in the middle of town to give a 30 minute interview about a crime your suspected of? Maybe his lies have worked for him in the past so he just couldn't help himself from talking to the reporter.

I've wondered if this case might be related to a murder four years prior in Dubuque IA. 14 year old Kenny Johnson was strangled in OCT 87. There is DNA in that case but I'm not sure if Serritella's DNA is in the system even though he was a registered offender from what appears to be a misdemeanor sexual assault charge, and on house arrest up until recently.

10. leilarose68

leilarose68 Member

Maybe he found it thrilling to be talking to this reporter, getting away with his crime. It could have been a high for him; lots of psychopaths get off on that stuff.

There is another murder case that happened 10 years before David Chereck was killed---Bill comeans was also strangled with a scarf, in Columbus. Here's to hoping there are some answers for the Comeans family.

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://www.csnchicago.com/article/bail-denied-man-charged-1992-murder-skokie-teen

12. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

October 2016:

'Boy exploitation' note can be used against suspect in Skokie teen's murder

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-david-chereck-murder-suspect-past-met-20161018-story.html