Found Deceased IL - Demarquis D. Henry, 22, visiting grandmother in Zion, 28 Jan 2022

Skylark6

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1644460201397.jpg

"Police are seeking the public’s help in locating a 22-year-old Highwood man who went missing after visiting his grandmother in Zion.

Demarquis D. Henry, 22, of Highwood, went to visit his grandmother around 9:30 a.m. on January 28 in Zion.

Henry went missing after the visit, his family said.

Henry works for Abbott Labs in Gurnee and lives in a shared apartment with his brother in Highwood.

The man’s phone was last pinging in the 1700 block of North Leclaire Avenue in Chicago.

Henry drives a silver Buick Verano with an Illinois license plate that begins with “E34.”

The man’s family told Lake and McHenry County Scanner that they have filed missing person reports with Highwood and Gurnee police departments.

Henry’s grandmother, Shirley Jackson-Adams, said her grandson is the “sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet.”

Jackson-Adams also said that her grandson does not have any mental health issues.

The Gurnee Police Department said Henry is described as 6-foot-3 and 160 pounds. A clothing description was not available.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact their local police department."
Police searching for 22-year-old Highwood man reported missing from Zion area

View attachment 333154

"Police are seeking the public’s help in locating a 22-year-old Highwood man who went missing after visiting his grandmother in Zion.

Demarquis D. Henry, 22, of Highwood, went to visit his grandmother around 9:30 a.m. on January 28 in Zion.

Henry went missing after the visit, his family said.

Henry works for Abbott Labs in Gurnee and lives in a shared apartment with his brother in Highwood.

The man’s phone was last pinging in the 1700 block of North Leclaire Avenue in Chicago.

Henry drives a silver Buick Verano with an Illinois license plate that begins with “E34.”

The man’s family told Lake and McHenry County Scanner that they have filed missing person reports with Highwood and Gurnee police departments.

Henry’s grandmother, Shirley Jackson-Adams, said her grandson is the “sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet.”

Jackson-Adams also said that her grandson does not have any mental health issues.

The Gurnee Police Department said Henry is described as 6-foot-3 and 160 pounds. A clothing description was not available.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact their local police department."
Police searching for 22-year-old Highwood man reported missing from Zion area
He’s been missing for two weeks?
Hoping he’s found soon.
What was the weather like that weekend of the 28th?

He’s been missing for two weeks?
Hoping he’s found soon.
What was the weather like that weekend of the 28th?
I don't recall specifically, there's been some very cold days but looking at weather history it was definitely cold, it was probably in the teens, cold but not terribly abnormal for Chicago area.

I've seen some conflicting info on Facebook, one photo shared has a caption about him having some mental health issues and that he may be wandering, then later posts say no mental health issues. But that's something that needs to be considered when thinking about potential behavior. The last cell phone ping looks to be in an average Chicago neighborhood (though I am not personally familiar). It wouldn't be odd if he had friends in the city given Zion is a (far north) suburb. But 2 weeks...

I don't recall specifically, there's been some very cold days but looking at weather history it was definitely cold, it was probably in the teens, cold but not terribly abnormal for Chicago area.

I've seen some conflicting info on Facebook, one photo shared has a caption about him having some mental health issues and that he may be wandering, then later posts say no mental health issues. But that's something that needs to be considered when thinking about potential behavior. The last cell phone ping looks to be in an average Chicago neighborhood (though I am not personally familiar). It wouldn't be odd if he had friends in the city given Zion is a (far north) suburb. But 2 weeks...
I live in Chicago. On the 28th it was in the upper 20's and I remember it getting down to about 10-12 at night as I had to leave a faucet running so the pipes wouldn't freeze. What is puzzling to me is where his phone last pinged. It's quite a distance south of where he lives and even further south of his grandmother's home. It's also in an area of Chicago that has a fair amount of gang activity, even if it looks like just an average area from map pictures. NOT a safe area. Leclaire Avenue

Zion is in a county that borders Wisconsin, that's how far north he was.

We've stayed at the campground in the state park, rode bikes to the next state.

I live in Chicago. On the 28th it was in the upper 20's and I remember it getting down to about 10-12 at night as I had to leave a faucet running so the pipes wouldn't freeze. What is puzzling to me is where his phone last pinged. It's quite a distance south of where he lives and even further south of his grandmother's home. It's also in an area of Chicago that has a fair amount of gang activity, even if it looks like just an average area from map pictures. NOT a safe area. Leclaire Avenue

Ooof...yeah and Zion has it's fair share of gang activity too, so something could have happened there and his phone stolen and brought back to Leclaire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back