IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

Since Shawn Hornbeck disappeared four and a half years ago, his parents made it their mission to help other families of missing children.

A woman from Fridley, Minn., said she owes a great deal to Hornbeck's family and is celebrating Shawn's return home after he and another boy were found in Missouri on Friday.

Shelia Bradley-Smith knows the pain and worry when a child is missing.

"It's indescribable. I wouldn't wish it on the devil himself," she said.

Her great nieces, Tionda and Diamond Bradley, have been missing from Chicago since 2001. They were 10- and 3-years old when they disappeared.

She has been working to keep the search for the girls alive. The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation has been a big part of that effort by providing funds and support.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_013223733.html

whatever came from that tip???? does anyone know? I've looked but i can't find anything.

The sisters have a new website: http://www.bradleysisters.com/ The old one appears to have been disabled.

I wasn't able to find out any more information about that tip from the caller. I didn't see anything new on the great aunt's webpage... But it raises a question for me - where is the mother?

On Nancy Grace this week the girls aunts said that the girls never left notes for their mother because they had axcess to her cell phone. She said that the note was compared to the older girl's handwriting and it was her handwriting but she said the grammer wasn't like the older girl's grammer. They also compared that to a letter the girl had written a few months before.

What I found was interesting was that the oldest girl did leave a message on her mom's phone. There were two men named George in the family's life. One was the mother's boyfriend and one was a neighbor man.

The message said that George was at the door and she wanted to know if she should let him in. Then she said that the two girls were going to some store with George and they were going to pick up a birthday cake for Vicky..another sister and then they were going to pick up the mother at work.

That sounds to me that it was the boyfriend George that was taking them to the store to get a birthday cake and then pick up mom at work. They were never heard of again. The aunt didn't mention that a cake had been found at their home. She said she thought the note that was left was written under diress.

The oldest girl would be 19 now I think. Wouldn't you think that she would have contacted her mother by now if she was still alive? She was old enough not to forget her mom when she disappeared.

I wonder how good of a look LE took at this George at the time the girls disappeared.

George is the father of Diamond according to amw.com This means the girl had to call her mother to ask if the father of her sister could come in. Still seems more likely then a neighbor getting a cake and picking the mother up but also a little unusual. It said George and the mother were the last 2 to see the girls alive.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-missingjul07,1,756618.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Web photo revives hope for missing girls
Relatives mark Bradley sisters' disappearance

By Monique Garcia
Tribune staff reporter
Published July 7, 2007

Six years after the Bradley sisters vanished from their South Side apartment, family members have renewed hope the girls will be found safe after discovering what they say is a recent photo of one of the girls on a Web site.

Shelia Bradley-Smith, the girls' aunt, said she believes the photo is of Tionda, who would now be 16.

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

The family is reluctant to release the photo at this time, according to one article I read. I wonder why?

The family is reluctant to release the photo at this time, according to one article I read. I wonder why?

Maybe they don't want to tip anyone off. The police can track down where the website is hosted and maybe even the picture. I just hope it wasn't on a Noreen Gosch type site.

Fingers crossed they will soon be reunited with their families. In my opinion these girls are definitely with a family member not a stranger.

They finally did release the photo of the girl they believe to be Tionda.

"As CBS 2's Mike Parker reports, now a photograph has surfaced on the Internet on a MySpace page by someone named "Angelique." Although tracing the source of the picture has been fruitless so far, the girls’ aunt believes it could well be a picture of Tionda, who would be 16 today.

"That's my niece. I'm telling you that's my niece. And if it's not my niece, only DNA can prove me different,” said Shelia Bradley Smith.

A West Side pastor who has been counseling the family thinks she may be right.

"It looks like a very close resemblance,” said Rev. Paul Jakes.

The family has posted the mystery photo on their Web site, FindTiondaAndDiamond.com.

"I need for the community, anybody throughout the United States or internationally to just take a look at the picture. Maybe they know who that girl is, because if it was put on there as a joke or a hoax, we need to just know,” Bradley Smith said.

More At Link: http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_239153718.html

This girl does look very smiliar. My first reaction is to say that its so very unlikely that this would be her. But then I think back to Shawn Hornbeck. We all know now that he was a member of soem of these social networking sites during the time he was missing.

What do you all think?

Looks very plausible indeed. I think Shawns recovery has given all these older cases hope people perhaps wouldnt have had for them before.

It does look a lot like Tionda. I wonder if there were any pictures of Diamond on the site? I guess not or it would be very likely that it is them.

Wow. It really looks like her. But I am a hopeful optimist.

It really does look like her. I wonder how much she resembles her mother or father and if this picture looks like them.

It really does look like her, wouldn`t it be fantastic if it was??:clap:

We've heard from a family spokesperson and are in the process of registering her. I know that you all will treat her as we do all of our victims' families and welcome her with open arms!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back