GUILTY IL - Drew Peterson charged with trying to hire hit man to kill Glasgow

Is this something he did way back when he was being prosecuted and they are just now able to file charges or is this more recent?

So far it looks like it was 2013-14. Unknown why they waited to prosecute.

Glasgow said after Peterson was sentenced in the Savio case that he planned to aggresively review the evidence in the Stacy Peterson disappearance and charge Drew Peterson if possible.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...torney-Officials-291286301.html#ixzz3RIbTHCkA

Someday, I hope justice comes for Stacy, her family, and her friends. Maybe Glasgow will make good on his vow to review her case and hold Drew accountable.

It's too bad the taxpayers have to continue to support this man...and why the heck is he in 'isolation' ?? Why should he merit protection that his wives did not ??
Grrrr !!!! :banghead: :maddening:

:moo:

....and his pension.
Meanwhile, Peterson is engaged in another legal battle as he attempts to hold onto his police pension. He still gets $6,000 a month in pension payments.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2015/...states-attorney-james-glasgow/aye60da/?page=2

A bitter Drew Peterson stood in a courtroom two years ago and demanded that Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow look him in the eye.

“Never forget my face,” Peterson said as his voice shook with rage. “Never forget what you've done here

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82765216/

Reportedly DrewP has requested a public defender. Greenberg alleges that DrewP's notority has caused him to be a target in prison. (Maybe DrewP shouldn't have given all those public interviews before the trial, huh?)

Article outlines the previous events. The pictures are priceless and include pics of Stacey. But there are none of Kathleen Savio.

This dude will do anything! I mean he had to know all coorespondences were being monitored. He was cop for gosh sake! STUPID STUPID STUPID and I'm glad he is. His arrogance caught him again! Just death penalty and be done with him. To this day he never told what happened to Stacy nor where her body is!

He doesn't need money in prison. Revoke that pension!! He has disgraced that LE dept, shows no regard to human life, to protecting anyone but himself, and no telling how much crap he got away with while on the force. REVOKE his job history.... his name and LE should never be in the same sentence ever again! And any case he was a part of in the past, every one of those need to be reviewed. I wouldn't put anything past him. He could have done anything to promote himself through the ranks, including planting evidence, lying, stealing, etc.

I just want this dude off the face of earth!! :drumroll:

This dude will do anything! I mean he had to know all coorespondences were being monitored. He was cop for gosh sake! STUPID STUPID STUPID and I'm glad he is. His arrogance caught him again! Just death penalty and be done with him. To this day he never told what happened to Stacy nor where her body is!

Illinois abolished the death penalty in 2011.

How does a person with a 6000 dollar a month pension qualify for a public defender?

I can't help but wonder if the prosecution is worried the conviction might be overturned, thus these new charges. I'm honestly on the fence about this latest information until we hear more evidence.

He doesn't need money in prison. Revoke that pension!! He has disgraced that LE dept, shows no regard to human life, to protecting anyone but himself, and no telling how much crap he got away with while on the force. REVOKE his job history.... his name and LE should never be in the same sentence ever again! And any case he was a part of in the past, every one of those need to be reviewed. I wouldn't put anything past him. He could have done anything to promote himself through the ranks, including planting evidence, lying, stealing, etc.

I just want this dude off the face of earth!! :drumroll:

I'm torn on the pension being revoked. That money goes to care for the minor children.

I was actually pretty shocked when I saw this come in through my news feed yesterday. What an arrogant . I can't wait to hear what evidence they have against him, I feel like it has to be pretty solid coming from both the FBI and the Department of Corrections.

I'm wondering - maybe they'll try cutting a deal if he lets them know where Stacy is. Thoughts on that?

I went to the trial for two days and in between breaks, he would turn around and look at everyone in the gallery. He made eye contact with me a couple times and would just hold it until I had to look away. He was insanely CREEPY to say the least.

jmo

How does a person with a 6000 dollar a month pension qualify for a public defender?

I can't help but wonder if the prosecution is worried the conviction might be overturned, thus these new charges. I'm honestly on the fence about this latest information until we hear more evidence.

I had the same question. He had the pension and property. Maybe the public defender was just a fill in the hearing until he could negotiate with a private attorney.

I was actually pretty shocked when I saw this come in through my news feed yesterday. What an arrogant . I can't wait to hear what evidence they have against him, I feel like it has to be pretty solid coming from both the FBI and the Department of Corrections.

I'm wondering - maybe they'll try cutting a deal if he lets them know where Stacy is. Thoughts on that?

I went to the trial for two days and in between breaks, he would turn around and look at everyone in the gallery. He made eye contact with me a couple times and would just hold it until I had to look away. He was insanely CREEPY to say the least.

jmo

What reason would he have to give Stacy's location? He already will likely die in prison not being eligible for parole until his early 90's. I think his pride will prevent him from ever admitting he did anything to Stacy. While finding Stacy would be great, I just don't see that info coming from DP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back