Found Deceased IL - Emily Anderson, 25, Loves Park, 19 June 2017

This quote is misleading as it makes it sound like they found clues as far north as Riverside Park. This in fact refers to the initial search of the river back in June.

I think basically what they are saying is that they were looking for clues. It is also interesting to note that Riverside Park is a really short distance from where her car was found. So they had to have gone right past it, or it was not there when they did the search.

Her car was found this week in a river near where she lived with a female body inside. Positive identification has not been made yet.

A story from today. http://www.wrex.com/story/36564363/...plete-on-body-found-in-car-in-river-no-id-yet

Coroner Bill Hintz says the body is that of a female and the preliminary cause of death is pending further studies. He also says the body was found in the front cab of the car.Hintz says the body was found in the passenger seat, but was initially in the driver's seat.
"What that tells me, because I was out there on Sunday, I could tell there was definitely a current on the Rock River," Hintz says. "I know that her seat belt was not on. I don't know if it was unclicked at some point or not. But I believe that she was displaced from the current. There is a lot of water, there's a lot of silt, a lot of mud in the car; so I do believe the current had displaced her to the position where she was found."

What is important is that two or more windows on the car had to be down. At a minimum this suggests the front windows were down. There would not be a lot of silt and mud otherwise. Knowing she was originally in the driver's seat is obviously also important.

Hopefully her phone was with her and hopefully they can recover the contents of it.

A story from today. http://www.wrex.com/story/36564363/...plete-on-body-found-in-car-in-river-no-id-yet

What is important is that two or more windows on the car had to be down. At a minimum this suggests the front windows were down. There would not be a lot of silt and mud otherwise. Knowing she was originally in the driver's seat is obviously also important.

Hopefully her phone was with her and hopefully they can recover the contents of it.

If the windows were down and with the current pulling her body to the passenger seat, wouldn’t she have been pulled out of the car?

Also, the current of the Rock River flows south. If she would have gone into the river Going forward, wouldn’t her body have stayed in the driver’s seat? This tells me the car was backed in if she had originally been in the driver’s seat and then ended up in the passenger seat. It’d be interesting to know how they know she was originally in the driver’s seat.

If the windows were down and with the current pulling her body to the passenger seat, wouldn’t she have been pulled out of the car?

Also, the current of the Rock River flows south. If she would have gone into the river Going forward, wouldn’t her body have stayed in the driver’s seat? This tells me the car was backed in if she had originally been in the driver’s seat and then ended up in the passenger seat. It’d be interesting to know how they know she was originally in the driver’s seat.
The car would have floated for some distance in the river. In one of our other cases where a victim was ultimately found in their car in a river the car had entered the river more than 4 miles upstream of where it ended up. Based on where Emily's car was found and the volume flow of a river like the Rock River ending up floating a 1/2 mile or more is easily possible. The vehicle could have turned in the water depending on the weight distributions in the car, the way it filled, the angle of direction with respect to the river current upon entry, and so on would be factors.

Without getting too graphic, there would be clear evidence if Emily was in the Driver's seat for some period of time. How she would end up in the passenger seat is likely caused by hydrogen sulfide gas (byproduct of decomposition) and the body would bloat and become buoyant. The current would not be strong enough to pull her body out. It is very likely her body settled closer to the passenger door than to the center. The body would settle because eventually the hydrogen sulfide gas escapes and the body will sink again. This process of Emily moving from the driver's seat to the passenger seat would take place over a period of time spanning weeks.

All of this suggests (based on what the coroner said) that when found the front of her vehicle would be facing eastward (whether NNE, NE, E, SSE, SE is I don't know) with the driver's side door northward, and the passenger door southward.

http://www.mystateline.com/news/autopsy-updates-on-body-found-in-emily-andersons-car/832309365

sounds like they’re saying the windows were up and maybe the doors were locked? Not sure what they mean by the car was secure.

It's official:

[h=1]UPDATE: Body identified as Emily Anderson[/h]
WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Ill. (WIFR) -- The body found Sunday night in the Rock River near Roscoe is confirmed as missing Loves Park woman, Emily Anderson.

The Winnebago County Coroner says dental records positively identify the body as Anderson. He believes the body had been in the river for "some time".

Anderson's car was found in the Rock River by a person swimming in the river who spotted the car's antenna.

Loves Park Police tell 23 News that they are now treating the case as a death investigation.
http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Po...ound-inside-a-car-in-the-river-450014803.html

RIP Emily :rose:

[h=1]Body found in car is missing Loves Park woman Emily Anderson, coroner confirms[/h]
ROCKFORD — The body found on Sunday inside a car in the Rock River is that of missing Loves Park woman Emily Anderson, the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office confirmed this morning.

Emily Dull Anderson, 25, went missing June 19. Her car was discovered on Sunday in the Rock River near Fantail Place, about a half mile south of the Roscoe Bridge. The body of a woman was found inside the car, but because of the degree of decomposition, she had to be identified through dental records, the Coroner’s Office has said.

“After a complete examination by our forensic odontologist, the body was positively identified as Emily Anderson,” the Coroner’s Office stated this morning.

The Loves Park Police Department is investigating Anderson’s death.
http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171011...es-park-woman-emily-anderson-coroner-confirms

Interesting.

"The vehicle itself was secure, so it wasn't as if the windows were down, or it wasn't as if there was debris in the car," said Hintz. "The windows were secure. The vehicle was secure."

http://www.mystateline.com/news/autopsy-updates-on-body-found-in-emily-andersons-car/832309365

and

[FONT=&quot]“It’s not suspicious. It’s not suicidal. There’s nothing to lead us to believe that at all,” Coroner Bill Hintz said, adding the cause of Anderson’s death remains under investigation. “No trauma whatsoever.”

[/FONT]
http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171011/body-found-in-car-is-missing-loves-park-woman-emily-anderson-coroner-confirms

Her windows weren't down - perhaps they are electric and failed to go down.
Locked? Well she can open the door - perhaps she wasn't able to push against the water? But how are doors locked from the inside...maybe she was a vigilant person?
No trauma - but she was so decomposed you needed dental records? How can it be confirmed she wasn't beaten or asphyxiated or stabbed?

They don't know the cause or manner of death pending toxicology, yet he was able to determine she did not have a heart attack - was there no water in her lungs?

[FONT=&quot]“We have not exhausted every investigative opportunity to us yet and that will still take time,” Police Chief Chuck Lynde told the Register Star today. “Some of these are things that have been in progress for quite some time. Like subpoenaed records.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lynde said there are “three items we’re still waiting answers on,” including some records — not phone records — that were subpoenaed. He declined to comment on these three items or the nature of the records.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some “personal items” were in the car, he said, but Lynde declined to list what was found in Anderson’s car, citing the ongoing investigation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We’re not at a point that we could rule anything out,” Lynde said.[/FONT]

I had a feeling she would be found in the water. Sounds like the girl in Kc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

http://www.wrex.com/story/36631302/...ly-gather-to-mourn-emily-anderson-dulls-death

The Winnebago County Coroner's Office says it's still waiting to get the toxicology reports back from Emily's autopsy. The coroner said last week he does not suspect foul play in Emily's death.
A funeral and celebration of life for Emily is set for tomorrow (note this is actually today the 19th) at Sunset Funeral Home at 2 p.m.
After that, the family is holding a luncheon at Whiskey's Roadhouse along North Main Street. Everyone is welcome to both events.

Emily's sister and dad talk about how much it means to them that the community cam together to help. http://www.mystateline.com/news/fam...nal-respects-to-emily-dull-anderson/839784446

In mapping all the points where a car could accidentally go into the water, I feel the most likely is veering off of Belvedere Rd down the embankment (there should still be some kind of evidence of an accident in this case), or off the paved Sunset Rd. boat launch. There is another tinier dirt road going into the river just north of that boat launch that may have been flooded and could have caught her if she was disoriented or trying to find an address in that neighborhood, but the fact it is so unlit and dirt makes me feel it is unlikely she would drive herself into that situation. The other two are more likely. As many places as there are in Riverside park for her to go in, I doubt it happened there mainly due to how shallow the river actually was (even then), how much force would be required to drag the car through the river to where it landed, the fact those entries are lit, the curve of the river and the overall difficulty with accidentally falling in the river up there.

Finally the thing that bugs me the most is the coroner's assumption that she floated into the passenger side. I find it troubling first of all that the ME is the one stating that, as it seems that should be up to the detectives or someone with a physics background to determine. He then states the windows were up. So in all that time it takes for the cabin to fill up, I can definitely see how Emily might put herself in the passenger side to try kicking out the window. She would have only had about a minute to try getting the windows down before the water covered them. The only reason I bring this up is that I think there is more testament to Emily's character that she was likely fighting for her life, versus that she just floated there from a normal driving position in the driver's seat as if she went in on purpose with no reaction, something the ME's comments insinuate that annoys me.

We are still awaiting news of her autopsy results and any information the police uncover in her death investigation.

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

We still don't know exactly what happened to Emily, but we can be fairly certain she didn't driver herself into that river.

Check out her sister's comments on Emily's Facebook page from the 24th of Dec https://www.facebook.com/emily.anderson.1276

I know we can't get into it here, but needless to say this falls in line with some hinky feelings I've had from early on in Emily's case, especially considering where some of her friends live.

I hope her family can get answers someday soon.

Cait's post from Nov 26th is also enlightening.

This case is not over. What can we do to help them?

Its been a year - thinking of Emily today
graphics-roses-930925.gif

P.S. Read all of the comments in the memorial posts on her facebook profile. Some interesting details on a few things we already know.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back