GUILTY IL - Four Owen kids, ages 5-12, die in arson fire, Percy, 10 May 2013

Tonight, the visitation for the four children was held at St. Mark's Church. I have chosen not to attend the visitation or funeral since I feel that I was only an aquaintance of the family through business. With respect for the family, I feel that this time is for them to spend with those close to them.
The media is parked outside the church and KMOV has announced that they will not cover the funeral. Facebook has had many posts concerning the media presence at the church and even those urging boycotts of certain stations who have decided to continue to cover the story. One post I read stated that the father of the children had asked for the media to not cover the funeral. I hope that they will all respect their wishes for privacy. They deserve to lay their children to rest without the eyes of the world upon them.
Reports are coming out that Twardoski was brought before the judge today in a suicide vest and that he appeared to have white bandaging or tape around a wrist. I am suspecting that he may have tried to take his life. Also, when asked if he could provide a defense attorney, he stated that he could not and was appointed a public defender. Twardowski also stated that he didn't know what was going on. Beginnings of an insanity plea? Who knows, but the states attorney was reported as informing the judge that Twadowski is a flight risk as he had lived a "somewhat transient" lifestyle.
A lot of info is being kept quiet as to not harm the case being built against him.

I hope Illinois is a death penalty state?

I hope Illinois is a death penalty state?

We used to be, but Gov. Pat Quinn abolished it in 2011.
They are hoping for a sentence of natural life for this guy. In my opinion, that is too good for him. Hopefully, he will be haunted by images of these poor kids every day of his natural life.

The funeral was today and I heard that each truck driver that passed on the highway out front of the church blew their horn once for each of the children. I think maybe their dad might have been a driver, but I'm not positive.

At work today, I waited on a woman and two men who had been at the funeral. One of the men and I talked briefly about it, but what can you really say? I'm sorry just doesn't seem to be enough.

I drove by the cemetery today and the graves can be seen from the highway. There were so many flowers and people were still driving through to visit. I will go after some of the action slows and leave something. I thought about leaving each child one of the suckers we give out, like I've handed to them when they have been in the store in the past. Maybe I'll tie it onto some flowers.

Such a sad sad story. I don't know what else to say.

Funeral held for 4 children killed in Percy, Ill. house fire

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Fune...killed-in-Percy-Ill-house-fire-207401771.html

All four attended the same elementary school in Campbell Hill. Ethan was in 6th grade, Kailey was a 4-grader and the twins, Brandon and Landan, were pre-kindergarten.
Administrators with the Trico Community School District cancelled classes so faculty, staff and students could attend the services.

Percy, Ill. fire suspect has long record, suffered from depression according to ex

http://www.kmov.com/home/Percy-fire...on-and-anxiety-according-to-ex-207284411.html

During the last decade, Twardoski was repeatedly charged with behavior that demonstrated anger and recklessness, including fighting, disorderly conduct, resisting police, and driving at high speeds and without insurance.
According to his emotional ex-girlfriend Brandi, who requested we only use her first name, Twardoski was a complicated man who fought anxiety and depression, but remained a loving father to their 5-year-old son.

Witness: Twardoski threatened to burn down house of anyone who wronged his children

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/207348301.html

Bar owner Rick Hepp told News 4 a half dozen people were standing out front and Twardkowski appeared to be high when he said someone had stolen one of his children's laptops.
"He said that if anybody messed with, stole from his children, or messed with his children, he would burn their stuff down and kill everyone of them," said Hepp.

Derrick Twardoski to undergo mental evaluation

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/38...ting-deadly-fire-to-undergo-mental-evaluation

CHESTER, Ill. (KSDK) - A man accused of killing four children in Percy, Illinois will be evaluated to see if he's fit to stand trial.

Derrick Twardoski is charged with four counts of first degree murder.

Prosecutors claim he intentionally started a fire last month that claimed the lives of Ethan, Kailey, Brandon, and Landon Owen.

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/t...cle_9f705b8b-36de-59cc-a2eb-7e23aaaf7916.html

The man charged in setting a May 2013 Percy house fire that claimed the life of four children was sentenced to 53 years in prison Friday.

Derrick Twardoski, 34, who previously lived in Cutler, pleaded guilty in August to one count of first-degree murder relating to the May 10, 2013, house fire in Percy, which took the lives of Ethan, 12, Kailey, 9 and 5-year-old-twins Brandon and Landon Owen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back