GUILTY IL - Grant Nelson, 34, stabbed to death, Lincolnwood, 30 May 2017 *Arrest*

Thank you, Cubby, for posting the article with her mugshot.
I have friends that knew Grant, and are crushed by this, and it's been making me so angry that many articles show one of her FB photos rather than her mugshot.

Such a random and terrifying crime.

I wonder where EW lived, and/or where it was she asked Grant to take her?
I've seen she very briefly went to Taft HS, which is right in my neck of the woods.
The Walmart where he picked her up is a mile from my office, I visit that plaza frequently.

Walmart is at Touhy and Lehigh, roughly. Touhy and Lincolnwood is a 2 mile straight shot east from Lehigh.
The neighborhood that serves Taft HS is about 3.5 miles south of the Walmart.

Meh. This probably doesn't matter a whit... but if she still lived around Taft, she had him taking her away from home, rather than towards it.

Mug shot at following link.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...r-killed-teen-charged-met-20170531-story.html

Sounds like she should not have been released from the hospital as she was clearly a danger.
This infuriates me. What was a 16 you old doing out at 3am? There is such a thing as a curfew for minors.

From what I've read, she resided with her single mother. I'm thinking either the mother was at work or asleep. It sounds like EW is extremely troubled and maybe her mom isn't able to control her. I'm waiting for her defense attorney to launch an insanity plea.

ETA: And yeah, her mugshot looks NOTHING like her FB photos. Wow. Weight gain from psychiatric meds, perhaps? JMO.

People saw her and said she was walking around Walmart aggressively with the knife and machete out, she looked manic and like something out of a horror movie.
They followed her and when she left with the weapons they alerted Walmart's armed security but security didn't do anything so they called the police.
Why does Walmart pay for armed security just to allow someone that looks crazed steal weapons and go kill someone?
I agree with the witness, Walmart security should have stopped it.
Security should be fired.

“She was walking around the store with the machete and the knife out,” Juraseck said. “It was aggressive. She was holding the machete in one hand like you would see in a horror movie or something like that.”

"Juraseck said they told security, “In case you haven’t seen yourself, there’s a woman walking around with a machete … a child walking around with a machete. They were supposed to check for receipts and everything but I guess they were fumbling around.”
Juraseck and her partner called police but they were too late. Nelson had already been stabbed to death."

http://wgntv.com/2017/06/02/like-a-...-of-store-with-machete-before-fatal-stabbing/

People saw her and said she was walking around Walmart aggressively with the knife and machete out, she looked manic and like something out of a horror movie.
They followed her and when she left with the weapons they alerted Walmart's armed security but security didn't do anything so they called the police.
Why does Walmart pay for armed security just to allow someone that looks crazed steal weapons and go kill someone?
I agree with the witness, Walmart security should have stopped it.
Security should be fired.

“She was walking around the store with the machete and the knife out,” Juraseck said. “It was aggressive. She was holding the machete in one hand like you would see in a horror movie or something like that.”

"Juraseck said they told security, “In case you haven’t seen yourself, there’s a woman walking around with a machete … a child walking around with a machete. They were supposed to check for receipts and everything but I guess they were fumbling around.”
Juraseck and her partner called police but they were too late. Nelson had already been stabbed to death."

http://wgntv.com/2017/06/02/like-a-...-of-store-with-machete-before-fatal-stabbing/
wow... i wonder if she acted normal when the uber driver showed up, or if she was still looking crazed and/or openly holding the weapons? i have to assume the former, but who knows. it makes me wonder if uber has a good process for either party to cancel a ride if they have any doubts due to the person's demeanor or something. what if she was acting odd and he was hesitant to decline the ride because that would have an impact on his rating or something? never used uber so idk if this makes sense..

I wonder why she went to the train station, they must have security cam footage there.
She walked out of Walmart at 2:30 and uber picked her up at Walmart at 3:18 according to court documents, so was she hiding outside Walmart with the stolen weapons for 48 minutes?

https://patch.com/illinois/wilmette/wilmette-man-fatally-stabbed-lincolnwood

She sure has made a transformation, a picture is worth a thousand words.

IMG_6473.JPG

This family must be a pleasure to know, their capacity for love and compassion in the face of personal tragedy and heartache is admirable.

"Nelson's mother serves on the board of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Ironically, the teenager charged with his murder reportedly received treatment for mental health issues. Nelson's sister said the family wants justice, but also hopes his killer gets treatment if she needs it.
The suspect, who has been charged as an adult, has reportedly spent much of the last few years in therapeutic hospitals.
"There's already so much burden that's been laid on this family, hatred is not something we have time for or interest in," Alex said.
The family asked that memorial contributions in Nelson's memory be made to the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill."

http://abc7chicago.com/news/lincoln...ister-no-hatred-for-alleged-murderer/2061410/

Family of Uber driver killed by a 16-year-old girl with a machete she stole from Walmart are suing the supermarket chain after they 'failed to stop the teen leaving with the weapon'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-teenage-girl-sue-Walmart.html#ixzz4lG5q9tiV
No snark intended, interesting to read posts #31 and #32 back to back.

I wonder if they will have a case or not.. I recall reading about witnesses trying to engage Walmart security. But I can't say I've ever felt any Walmart employee was there to protect me from bodily harm. Is there "professional security" at Walmart stores in larger cities or shady areas?

Also, just being a stinker, but trying to stop her or keep her in the store could have resulted in as much or more carnage. Unless they've got tasers or guns they could use from a distance.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Teen charged in Uber driver's hacking death has attacked guards, prosecutor says
The teenage girl accused of hacking an Uber driver to death has had dozens of disciplinary problems since her arrest, including violently lashing out at guards, authorities said Tuesday.

In the seven weeks that she's been held in juvenile detention on a first-degree murder charge, Eliza Wasni has been involved in 40 disciplinary infractions, including pushing, kicking and in one case biting guards, a Cook County prosecutor told a judge during Wasni's hearing Tuesday.

^ gosh, her hospitalisations in the past, and those mentioned recently (above) suggest she is very disturbed. I think this is going to be a case of 'mad or bad?' Until professional assessment is argued through legal channels, she will bounce between psychiatric and detentional institutions. Moo

update: 23 more disciplinary infractions since July, including violent incidents. On one occasion she tried to sneak a jagged shard into her cell and another time smashed a bucket against a sink.

This is a profoundly disturbed and very violent individual who needs to be locked away indefinitely under heavy guard, whether found guilty or not. She's in juvenile detention, but I wonder what the security level is there.

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/15/23-more-disciplinary-infractions-for-teen-charged-in-uber-drivers-death/

No news updates since August of 2017.

A mystery what's happening in her case. I haven't been able to access court records. She may be hospitalized, who knows...

No updates since she was moved to adult jail upon turning 18.

I'm not able to access any court records. Perhaps someone else can. I'm thinking this might take many months to come to trial.

from the link just above:

(she) has incurred more than 450 rule violations in the juvenile detention facility...

Prosecutors said the incidents range in severity from “unauthorized movements” to attacks on guards and other prisoners. They also said Wasni has had to be taken to Cook County’s Stroger Hospital at least six times after harming herself.

Wasni also told another detainee that she wanted to go on a “killing spree” and spoke of how body parts could be disposed of, prosecutors said. She also recently wrote the word “die” on a detention center wall using her own blood, officials said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back