GUILTY IL - Holly Cassano, 22, stabbed to death, Mahomet, 2 November 2009 *Arrest*

from the article above.

URBANA, Ill. (WAND) - The jury is now deliberating in the Holly Cassano murder trial in Urbana.

from the article above.

URBANA, Ill. (WAND) - The jury is now deliberating in the Holly Cassano murder trial in Urbana.
Michael Henslick found guilty of murdering Holly Cassano

A jury has found Michael Henslick guilty of murdering Holly Cassano.

[...]

Closing arguments wrapped up before 12:30 Friday afternoon.

It took the jury less than an hour to convict him.

[...]

I can't not access the link you provided & when I put that link into Outline - it comes up with an old article.

Is there a sentencing date on the one you posted? TIA! :)

from the article above.

I can't not access the link you provided & when I put that link into Outline - it comes up with an old article.

Is there a sentencing date on the one you posted? TIA! :)

Let me check....

ETA: March 30th

[...]

The jury has asked that he receive a life sentence. His official sentencing will be March 30.

[...]

Tuesday, March 10th:
*Pretrial Hearing (possession) (@ 9am ET) – IL – Holly Cassano (22) (Nov. 2, 2009, Mahomet) – *Michael F.A. Henslick (30/now 31) arrested & charged (8/29/18) originally for violation of a no-contact order & arraigned (8/29/18) on 3 counts intentional 1st degree murder & 1 count of murder. Plead not guilty. $10M bond.
*Charged (5/18/18) with possession of control substance & criminal damage to property, domestic battery & contact violation.
DNA testing by Parabon Nanolabs.
Trial began 2/10/20 with jury selection for murder charge. Trial ended 2/14/20 with a guilty verdict; sentencing scheduled for 3/30.

Court hearings from 8/31/18 to 8/20/19 reference post #74 here:
IL - Holly Cassano, 22, stabbed to death, Mahomet, 2 November 2009 *Arrest*

9/16/19 Update: Possession Charge: Next hearing on 12/3. 12/3/19 Update: Possession & domestic battery case-defense files motion for trial continuance-granted. Possession & Domestic: Next pretrial hearing on 3/10/20.

Hey @Lynetta - any update yet on the possession & Domestic charge hearing on 3/10? Another date maybe?

TIA! :)

Hey @Niner

The possession (#2018CF000685) and the Domestic Battery (#2018CF000577) cases were closed on March 6, 2020. The docket sheet for both says...

"Email request from Assistant State's Attorney Lindsey S. Clark-Rivest requesting this cause to be dismissed"

Amount owed (court cost for possession) $416.00
Case closed 03/06/20
Amount owed ( court cost for domestic Battery) $1075.00
Case closed 03/06/20

The murder (#2018CF001212) sentencing hearing is scheduled for March 20, 2020 at 1:30pm

MSM previously had it for March 30th.

Hey @Lynetta - could you please check & see if the Sentencing hearing is still a go for 3/20? Hopefully it is!!
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-016.gif

Hey @Lynetta - could you please check & see if the Sentencing hearing is still a go for 3/20? Hopefully it is!!
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-016.gif

It still shows it as scheduled for 1:30pm 3/20 but this is what the message on the home page say.....

The Champaign County Courthouse will be closed for general business beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, March 27, 2020 (reopening Monday, March 30, 2020). If you are scheduled to appear in court during that time period your case will be continued and you will receive notice of your new court date. You should remain in contact with your attorney. Emergency hearings such as Orders of Protection, juvenile detention hearings, shelter care hearings, and daily bond court will be addressed on a daily basis by a limited court staff.

I'm not sure if a sentencing for murder falls under "emergency hearing". I would think 'well, of coarse it does'....which means it probably doesn't. Lol. I'll check on Friday afternoon for any updates.

Since I haven't heard yet if this is still on.... posting...

Friday, March 20th:
*Sentencing Hearing (Murder case) (@ 9am CT) – IL – Holly Cassano (22) (Nov. 2, 2009, Mahomet) – *Michael F.A. Henslick (21 @ time of crime/30/now 31) arrested (8/29/18) originally for violation of a no-contact order & arraigned & charged (8/29/18) on 3 counts intentional 1st degree murder & 1 count of murder. Plead not guilty. $10M bond.
*Charged (5/18/18) with possession of control substance & criminal damage to property, domestic battery & contact violation.
12/3/19 Update: Motion for continuance granted. Possession & domestic battery case: pretrial hearing on 3/10/20. 3/10/20: DA has dismissed these charges.
DNA testing by Parabon Nanolabs.
Trial began on 2/10/20 with jury selection for murder charge. Trial should last 1 week. Jurors: 8 women & 4 men. Trial ended 2/4/20 with a guilty verdict.

2/14/20 Friday Day 4 of Trial: Closing arguments by both sides. Jury instructions. Jury sent to deliberate. It took the jurors about an hour for a verdict of guilty. The jury has asked that he receive a life sentence. His official sentencing will be March 20.
3/16/20 Update: The Champaign County Courthouse will be closed for general business beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, March 27, 2020 (reopening Monday, March 30, 2020).

The court date still shows that sentencing was scheduled for yesterday at 1:30pm 3/20/2020 but the only new thing added to the docket sheet is.....

03/19/2020 presentence report on file

There is nothing that I can find from MSM stating it happened or that it got postponed and the case status is still showing open.

Do you guys know if the jury has to be present for the sentencing, or is it just the judge? If jury has to be there then it (imo) most definitely got postponed and it's just not updated in the system yet.

I'll keep checking :)

From the docket sheet today....

03/23/2020

Copy of Court's letter this date ordered filed.

Ex parte correspondence received by the Court pertaining to this case and placed on file. The Court does not consider the ex parte

communication. Counsel notified by letter.

Judge:LADD HEIDI N Clerk:LSO M

Public Court Records - Champaign County Circuit Clerk

I don't know what it means. The status still shows "open" and the date hasn't been updated from 03/20/2020

Thank you @Lynetta .

Here's what google says about ex-parte communication:

An ex parte communication is any communication between a judge or juror and a party to a legal proceeding or any other person about the case, outside of the presence of the opposing party or the opposing party's attorney.

So - I too don't really know "what" it means! LOL! :)

Hey @Lynetta - hate to bother you - but was wondering if there might be an updated court date for his sentencing. I tried googling, but got nothing about his sentence - so "assuming" it did not happen.

TIA! And hope you are staying healthy!! :)

Hey @Lynetta - hate to bother you - but was wondering if there might be an updated court date for his sentencing. I tried googling, but got nothing about his sentence - so "assuming" it did not happen.

TIA! And hope you are staying healthy!! :)

The chrona-plauge has stopped all the court proceedings over here. Even Court TV is on hiatus and showing reruns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back