IL IL - Jarvis Twp, WhtFem 42UFIL, 25-40, in bean field, upper denture, Jul'90

I considered Montano too and I admit she shares a strong resemblance with the Jane Doe (It wouldn't be the first time Law Enforcement failed to identify a Jane Doe because they guessed her race wrong. Looking at you Jacksonville, North Carolina Police Department). But the circumstances between Montano's disappearance and the Jane Doe's discovery don't seem to match to me.

After looking for potential matches to this decedent, I have to say that I second what some previous posters to this thread have said — Maria Montano seems like a good possible match. The timing is close, and the location she disappeared from vs. the location where Jane Doe was found are reasonably close. The basic statistics are mostly in line as well (with the exception of the hair color).

As for the circumstances, it seems fairly certain that her husband was her murderer, though the detail about her remains being in a blanket for some time may not match up entirely with the narrative of Jane Doe's discovery. Perhaps, after several days, her husband moved her body out of the blanket that she was initially wrapped in (which was buried at one of his relatives' properties) and moved it farther away in order to complicate the investigation?

Either way, I feel that she could very well be our Jane Doe. Has anyone submitted her as a potential match to the jurisdiction investigating Jane Doe's case?

Otherwise, the only other potential matches I found reasonably plausible were Teresa Wisner (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) and Lora Leigh McIntire (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)).

July 20, 1990 - Unidentified Female
5df7fae8477c9.image.jpg

(PROVIDED)
Madison County Jane Doe (1990)
Madison County Jane Doe

Sex
Female
Race White
Location Jarvis Township, Illinois
Found July 20, 1990
Unidentified for 29 years
Postmortem interval 2-3 Days
Body condition Decomposed
Age approximation 25-35
Height approximation 5'4 - 5'6
Weight approximation 130 pounds
Cause of death Stabbing
Madison County Jane Doe was a woman discovered in a bean field in Madison County, Illinois on July 20, 1990. Her cause of death was determined to be multiple stab wounds to her neck and torso.

Case
The victim had been placed at the location approximately two to three days prior to her discovery.

Investigators initially thought she had undergone a hysterectomy, as there was evidence her uterus had been removed through extensive cutting and mutilation but it is possible that her killer might have removed it.

It is also suspected that she was sexually assaulted.

Clothing and accessories
  • A pink t-shirt with blue palm trees and "Florida" imprinted on the front
  • White sandals with side buckles, size 7.
  • A white metal or silver ring with heart-shaped turquoise stone.

Ring
42UFIL
42UFIL2.jpg

Purely speculation...
I think it's odd that the body was left across the road from what appears to be the Old St. John Evangelical cemetery at the corner of Lebanon Road and Troy O'Fallon Road.

Just getting a local wife beater did this vibe. And she was more like livestock ordered from an Eastern European country, than an actual human being.

Damn, cases from places I've lived always hit hard.

I too am feeling the Maria connection.

Court upholds Aurora man's murder conviction in death of wife

Former Aurora Man Sentenced in 1990 Murder of Wife

If it's true she was on that farm, she may have been moved. Naperville is a ways away from Collinsville but it's not improbable. You could make that trip in an afternoon. Why there? I don't know. May have been on the way elsewhere, maybe Saint Louis or somewhere south of there.

Edit: this has a ton of information in it. I don't know exactly what the PDF policy here is but it's from illinoiscourts.gov. She was moved. Unfortunately our Doe was stabbed, not strangled with a rope.

http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/Opini...Vaw2uEjkfOxMMl5sS0IVQ58vZ&cshid=1590478608570

Last edited:
Jarvis Township Jane Doe has been unidentified for 30 years today.

Hey, guys, speaking of possible connections with serial killers, I heard of a serial killer who was active in Illinois around the time this woman died. His name was Ralph Raymond Andrews. A profile on this website says that he sexually assaulted victims and removed their (sexual) organs, 2 things that are also present in this case. Warning, as you could imagine, some of this stuff is VERY hard to read:

Ralph Raymond Andrews | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

What do you guys think? Jarvis Township is about 4 hours away from Chicago, so it really isn't that much of a stretch.

I’m from this area and about roughly an hour or so away from where Jane Doe was found, in Centralia, Illinois there is a train station that can take you straight to Chicago. There are several missing persons cases in centralia/are and i believe one murder all unsolved to this day. I do believe these are mostly men though but Ive always thought anyone could come down on that train do whatever and get right back on and out fairly quick. Especially back in the day with less CCTV footage and tech footprints.

12 Unsolved Murders in Illinois since 1974 | HuffPost null
''Jarvis Township, Collinsville

• Where: Lebanon Road, 1/10th of a mile west of the Troy and O'Fallon Rd. in Jarvis Township, Collinsville
  • When: July 20, 1990
  • Case details: Homicide investigation of unidentified female
On July 20, 1990, at 1:25 p.m., an unidentified, white female body was found in a bean field approximately 40 feet north of Lebanon Road, 1/10th of a mile west of the Troy and O'Fallon Road in Jarvis Township, Collinsville. The victim's death resulted from multiple cutting and stab wounds to the neck and torso; her fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries were missing.'' Evidence of surgical removal could not be determined. No defensive wounds were found on the victim. The body appeared to have been placed at the site two to three days prior to discovery.

Anyone with any information regarding the identification of the unidentified victim is urged to contact Detective Leonard Suhre, Madison County Sheriff's Department at (618) 692-4433 or (618) 692-0871.

This Jane Doe's NamUs profile has been modified on 7/25/22
Another rule out/exclusion added - Brenda Davidson
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP26739Brenda Davidson
Date of Last Contact March 04, 1974
State VA
County Prince William
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2664Laura Johnson
Date of Last Contact May 04, 1990
State IL
County Cook

The brutality of this case though.. I really don’t have words, it’s vile. That poor woman.

All details don't match but it seems like some might? JMO I haven't followed many UID cases so I could be way off on this comparison but I thought it was worth mentioning. Apologies if this has been looked into already!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back