Found Safe IL - Jaylen Mojica, 7 months, car stolen with him inside, Chicago, 26 Oct 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, per the article, she was charged with a felony for making a false report. While I'm glad there are consequences, that's a HARSH penalty and I'm not sure how I feel about this potentially ruining her life. <modsnip> JMO.
So normally filing a false police report in Chicago is not a felony? Because if it is, she was charged accordingly----just like anyone else would have been.

If the baby had been in the car when it was stolen, she should have been charged with child endangerment for leaving the baby in the car, unlocked, in the first place.

People normally don't leave their wallets or purses in unlocked cars in Chicago, why would they leave their child?

Last edited by a moderator:
So normally filing a false police report in Chicago is not a felony? Because if it is, she was charged accordingly----just like anyone else would have been.

If the baby had been in the car when it was stolen, she should have been charged with child endangerment for leaving the baby in the car, unlocked, in the first place.

People normally don't leave their wallets or purses in unlocked cars in Chicago, why would they leave their child?
I mean, the parents who drove into raging floodwaters and had their kids washed away and killed weren't charged with child endangerment, instead they had a massive [redacted name of fundraising website] started for them. Seems like justice looks different for different people sometimes...

I mean, the parents who drove into raging floodwaters and had their kids washed away and killed weren't charged with child endangerment, instead they had a massive [redacted name of fundraising website] started for them. Seems like justice looks different for different people sometimes...

But, I thought she lied about the baby being in the car? Jmo

But, I thought she lied about the baby being in the car? Jmo
She did, just responding to the "child endangerment charges should have been filed if he was in the car."

It's clear LE have probable cause to file charges, so we'll leave it at that. I'm glad Jaylen is safe. I hope mom gets the help she needs.

She did, just responding to the "child endangerment charges should have been filed if he was in the car."

It's clear LE have probable cause to file charges, so we'll leave it at that. I'm glad Jaylen is safe. I hope mom gets the help she needs.
I’m confused. I may have missed something. Did something happen to the mom? What kind of help does she need?

I’m confused. I may have missed something. Did something happen to the mom? What kind of help does she need?
Well, something prompted mom to make a false report, so I'm assuming that something negative is going on in her life. I'm not going to speculate, but I hope that she receives help with whatever is going on.

Well, something prompted mom to make a false report, so I'm assuming that something negative is going on in her life. I'm not going to speculate, but I hope that she receives help with whatever is going on.

Mother made up story about son being kidnapped to speed up police search for stolen car: prosecutors

According to this article mom told police some lady told her they would find her car faster if she said there was a baby in it. It doesn’t look like there was any problem in her life except she listened to some lady.
Unfortunately this isn’t the first time we’ve seen that happen.

Mother made up story about son being kidnapped to speed up police search for stolen car: prosecutors

According to this article mom told police some lady told her they would find her car faster if she said there was a baby in it. It doesn’t look like there was any problem in her life except she listened to some lady.
Unfortunately this isn’t the first time we’ve seen that happen.
It would be interesting to hear from 'some lady'. How would 'some lady' know she even had a baby to get the police to find the car faster.

I think mom and 'some lady' may be the same person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back