IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by JustUsJones, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

One thing that's never been stated clearly, as far as I can tell, is whether anyone besides Parker remembers Jesse being present at the Model U.N. Security Council meeting and, if so, whether anyone else noticed what time he left. And does after 2:00 A.M. mean just after 2:00 or potentially hours after 2:00?

I still think a fall into the Chicago River is the best bet, but a concealed death from alcohol poisoning or from some kind of hazing at the Sheraton wouldn't surprise me, either.

2. Ohhhj0

Ohhhj0 New Member

This whole case is mind boggling.

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws Ohhhj0, this is definitely a strange and mind boggling disappearance!

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Families gather for 11th annual missing persons event
    June 10 2018
    Jesse, 19 at the time, was attending a Model United Nations conference with University of Missouri-Kansas City when he disappeared on the final day, Nov. 21, 2006. By the time police were alerted, most students were already on their way home, and the hotel rooms had been cleaned.

The Chicago Police Department hasn't had a lead on the whereabouts of their son since his disappearance, Donald Ross said.

"He had several things — jobs, school, friends — going on, so he had no reason not to want to come home," he said, glancing at his son's missing person flyer on the table. "We feel he just fell into a bad situation."

""I think the common person, the ordinary person, doesn't comprehend how serious something like this is," Donald said. "Maybe they view families like ours as being unique, but we're like everyone else. We were going along our way, living our lives, enjoying our lives and then boom, it hits you. I think it can happen to anyone, anywhere, any time. So, it's really important people know about what's going on and learn as much as they can about what's happening."

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The D-Word: When I Last Saw Jesse - documentary film
    When I Last Saw Jesse
    No One Could Figure Out What Happened To Him...
    Website
    Official Website
    Overview
    Genre
    Investigation and Docu-Drama
    Synopsis
    The weekend before Thanksgiving in 2006, Jesse Ross traveled to Chicago with his classmates to attend a conference being held there. Early on the morning of the last day of the conference, he attended a meeting scheduled to last all night. However, he only stayed for thirty minutes before he was observed getting up, and walking out the door.

He has not been seen or heard from since.

This film is the story of that night in Chicago.

Stage
    in post-production
    Running time
    87 and 82 minutes
    VIDEO
    Welcome

snowleopard likes this.
  7. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jesse Ross was just 19 years old when he went to a college conference in Chicago and seemingly vanished. Now, a local documentary is shining a new light on this decade-old missing person’s case.

When I Last Saw Jesse” tells the story of the Belton native's disappearance

“When I Last Saw Jesse” premiers at the Kansas City Film Festival on April 14. You can find ticket information here.

Documentary shines new light on UMKC student’s mysterious disappearance in 2006

Jbrown324320, neverletgo and dotr like this.
  8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Film snippet at link.
    "He was prone to poor judgement every once in a while"
    Documentary shines new light on UMKC student’s mysterious disappearance in 2006
    When I Last Saw Jesse” tells the story of the Belton native's disappearance.

“He’s really, he’s just a regular, young adult. He’s got his dreams. He has his ambitions, and he is working hard," filmmaker Brian Rose said. "But he also likes to have fun and in so doing, he you know makes mistakes and sometimes makes poor decisions like we all do. We all turn out OK, and for whatever reason, there was a confluence of events that happened that night that resulted in Jesse not coming home and not being OK."

Ross went to Chicago in November 2006 for a model United Nations conference. He was last seen on video leaving the hotel conference room around 2:30 a.m.

“The last video we have of Jesse was outside the Sheraton. But once he went back in the hotel, there was no more video," said Sgt. Tony Rizzo with the Chicago Police Department.

Several hours would pass before anyone realized Jesse was missing.

“I definitely have a lot of sympathy for the Chicago police on this case because they were handed an investigator’s nightmare. You have this individual go missing on the last day of a conference, and the conference wraps up before he’s even reported missing," Rose said. "You have 1,200 students in attendance. There’s 1,200 potential witnesses, very few of whom are local to the area, who all immediately scatter by train, by plane by automobile, and it's Thanksgiving weekend."

Don Ross traveled to Chicago soon after his son was reported missing.

“We were determined to find him, but we felt like the wind come along and swept us up and we were totally out of control,” he said.

Along with prompting new tips, Brian hopes that the documentary will help people remember the young man with a promising future.

“If nothing else, my hope would be that Jesse himself is not forgotten," Ross said."

Jbrown324320 and neverletgo like this.