IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006

An arrest in a cold case crime that occurred in Chicago, any chance of a connection to Jesse's disappearance?
http://abc7chicago.com/news/accused-skokie-child-killer-linked-to-other-sex-attacks-/522661/

"February 17, 2015
CHICAGO (WLS) --
There are troubling new details in a case the I-Team has been investigating for more than 20 years. An accused suburban child killer has now been linked to at least six sex attacks - both before and after the murder of 15-year-old David Chereck.

Years after David Chereck was strangled with his own scarf, Robert Serritella was arrested and charged with the teenager's murder. On Tuesday, prosecutors said there is more to it - a horrible backstory.

Serritella had others victims of his sexual perversion, they say, boys and young men he had stalked and molested, but not killed. And now, authorities say they want to call those victims as witnesses during Serritella's murder trial."

I have been following this story for years and I do believe that Jesse Ross may have somehow fell over into the river and I think that Chicago PD/Dive Team etc.. should go back down there and search for him again,with all this new technology stuff..I hope one day he is Found...

http://fox4kc.com/2015/02/19/in-sea...ents-turn-to-social-media-for-faster-results/

"In search of clues, police departments turn to social media for faster results
Posted 12:12 am, February 19, 2015, by Shannon O'Brien "

"Ross’ family is using his 28th birthday this week to bring attention back to the case. In that case and many others, law enforcement agencies give TV stations information to pass on to viewers, and it’s helped solve countless crimes over decades.

But now, more and more police and sheriff departments are using a different kind of media, social media. Police departments in the metro are using Facebook and Twitter to cast a wide net and get information immediately to the public".

Wonder if the vans were already nearby the hotel on the night J. went missing, and if so, might Jesse have wondered over to them for any reason?

http://www.findjesseross.com/
rbbm.

" 19 years old at time of disappearance
Was a sophomore at University of Missouri Kansas City
Just received a promotion from intern to paid radio personality on a popular Kansas City Morning Show
Was in Chicago for a mock United Nations Conference
Was last seen walking to the side door during a 30 minute break from an "emergency" model United Nations Conference
Broadcast on AMW on January 16, 2007
Missing and Exploited Children Site regarding Jesse
Additional Case Information
Video of Nancy Grace appearance

Jesse Ross phoned his mother from Chicago on Nov. 20, just to let her know that he was having a blast at the model United Nations conference.

He promised to call again the next day when he and the 13 University of Missouri-Kansas City students and their faculty sponsor had loaded the vans for the return drive home".

Bumping for Jesse, people should not go on a school trip and disappear!
Wonder if there are any plans to search the water near the hotel?

This case makes me so upset. It really, really, really upsets me. I bought Don Ross's book "Where's Opie?". The Ross family seem so incredibly kind and I just wish we could alleviate some of their pain. I think about this case a lot.

So earlier this year, a college-aged guy went missing in Manayunk, a part of Philly. I used to live there. His name was Shane. He wound up being found in the river. This seems to happen often that young guys drink and maybe walk by water to go to the bathroom and fall in and drown. Perhaps Jesse had a few drinks. But as a teacher, I will state that I don't think he would have been drunk. The Model UN crowd isn't really like that. So if he did fall in the river, he would have had to hit his head to drown.

Anyone know how deep the Chicago River is around the Sheridan?

9306682_G.jpg

Saturday marks 9 years since UMKC student's disappearance, case remains unsolved
Posted: Nov 21, 2015 1:48 PM CST Updated: Nov 21, 2015 1:48 PM CST
http://www.kctv5.com/story/30576397...-students-disappearance-case-remains-unsolved
Information may be submitted anonymously to the Greater KC Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline, 816-474-TIPS (8477) or information can be phoned in to the Chicago, IL, Police Department at 312-744-8266 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).
Information leading to a felony arrest in the case could be eligible for up to a $2,000 reward.
A reward, independent of the Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline, of up to $10,000 is also available.
More information can be found at http://findjesseross.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/jesseopieross/.

still missing:

Jesse Ross was nineteen years old, when he disappeared from Chicago in November of 2006. Ross was last seen at the Sheraton Hotel on E. North Water Street. Ross was unfamiliar with Chicago and had been visiting the area. He is originally from Missouri, so people believe he would not have wandered off unexpectedly. Since Jesse's disappearance, he has been featured on America's Most Wanted and Nancy Grace. Ross' parents have not given up on their son. Don and Donna currently run the FindJesseRoss.com website in hopes of gaining new information into their son's disappearance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ing-still-need-your-hel-2016-05-16-story.html

http://www.umkcalumni.com/s/1236/16/index.aspx?sid=1236&gid=1&pgid=1049

jesserosstoday2.jpg
Jesse Ross as he might appear today.
In November 2006, Jesse Ross was a student at UMKC who traveled to Chicago with many other students for a Model United Nations conference. Jesse attended this conference and at some point got up and left the meeting room at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Jesse was staying at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel but did not make it back to his room. Jesse was never seen or heard from again. The Chicago Police Department is still actively investigating his disappearance. If you were one of the students who attended this conference or otherwise have any information which might shed some light on this case, please contact:

Detective Mike Roth
Area North Detective Bureau
Chicago Police Department
2452 W Belmont Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
312-744-8266
michael.roth@chicagopolice.org

rbbm.

Just recently noticed that Beth Holloway's show "Vanished" did a segment on Jesse's case. The two things that stuck out for me were: 1) He did quite a bit of walking next to the Chicago river, and 2) A fellow student said he was quite interested in attending a rave in the vicinity to do some promotion.

All of you who follow this case should be made aware of something I really just discovered today regarding Jesse's case. The facts as they are presented on the findjesseross.com site are not correct. However, the Charley Project and others get the facts correct. Yet, if you're like me, I take whatever the facts say on the "official" personal missing persons site for each case as the truth. That was a mistake on my part this time.

A person could read the account on findjesseross.com and believe that the emergency conference took place at the Four Points hotel and that it was the location where Jesse disappeared. Meaning, if he was leaving to go back to his hotel during that break, he was heading back to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. In fact, it says:

The 10-minute walk back to Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, where Jesse and the UMKC group was staying, was well-lit, heavily traveled and covered by outdoor security cameras. None of them recorded Jesse.

THIS IS WRONG.

It's actually the opposite. The emergency conference was at the Sheraton Chicago, and Jesse and the UMKC students were staying at the Four Points. So, everything is flipped.

What this really means is Jesse was last seen at the hotel right next to the water--and not the one a few blocks inland.

Maybe some of you already knew that. But I'm sure there are many who took findjesseross.com as the final word on this case. But it isn't. It's wrong.

Just recently noticed that Beth Holloway's show "Vanished" did a segment on Jesse's case. The two things that stuck out for me were: 1) He did quite a bit of walking next to the Chicago river, and 2) A fellow student said he was quite interested in attending a rave in the vicinity to do some promotion.

Wondering if there was a radio station near either the hotel which held the UN conference, or where Jesse was staying?
Considering he was to be starting a paid position as a radio DJ, maybe on impulse he popped in to visit an all night radio show?
speculation.imo.

Probably a repost, snippets that caught my attention in lengthy and detailed article.
http://www.washdiplomat.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9492:mock-un-session-becomes-real-life-crisis-as-teen-vanishes&catid=1506&Itemid=428
Mock U.N. Session Becomes Real-Life Crisis as Teen Vanishes

By Dave Seminara
Uploaded on July 30, 2013
attachment.php

Jesse Ross had a lot to live for. He was a communications major who joined the Model U.N. because he had a keen interest in international affairs. Jesse was also passionate about music. He was a D.J. who liked to make his own mixes and he managed a rock band called A Dead Giveaway. At least one of the AMUN attendees said that he talked about going to a rave while in Chicago, though no one is certain if he followed through on the plan.
"He was a fun-loving kind of guy," said Bryce Veazey, a friend who was also in the band. "I don't think Jesse was depressed at all. He wasn't shy — you were aware of his presence when he entered the room."
His parents say that he was planning a trip to Costa Rica and had just been promoted from unpaid intern to paid morning host on the Kansas City radio station 95.7 FM "The Vibe" for a show called "Shorty and the Boyz." A redhead with a pale complexion and freckles, he was nicknamed "Opie Cunningham," inspired by the character Opie Taylor from "The Andy Griffith Show" and Richie Cunningham from "Happy Days," both played by Ron Howard.
The station frequently featured "Where's Opie Cunningham?" segments in which they'd send Jesse out to mystery locations somewhere in Kansas City and then invite listeners to guess where he was. No one had a clue that one day Jesse would truly disappear. He would also play pranks on people for the show, but friends and family members say they don't think he had any enemies.
a2.jesse.ross.camera.story.jpg
Jesse is seen below in surveillance footage as he walked out of the ballroom in the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers — the last time the 19-year-old teen has been seen.

"He was kind of square. He went to Catholic schools and was probably what you'd call a social drinker," recalled Chantal Savage, whose on-air nickname was "Shorty" when she worked at the same radio station with Jesse. "Was he a little gullible? Maybe. He was a little naïve and maybe a little sheltered. I do think he might go off with a stranger if they invited him somewhere. He was looking for excitement but maybe wasn't worldly enough to go off and do something different on his own."

[h=3]'No One Wanted To Tell Us Anything'[/h] On the third day of the gathering, the delegates had five free hours in the afternoon and Jesse brought a friend and fellow delegate named Megan to the Billy Goat Tavern, a place made famous by John Belushi in a comedy skit on the television program "Saturday Night Live." Megan thought that the tavern was a little "dark and scary" but Jesse liked the place
Jesse's parents say that the other students who were there that night were reluctant to talk to them or to police after their son disappeared. Initially, they chalked this up to them being traumatized, but as the years have gone by, they wonder if perhaps someone knows something that they haven't divulged about Jesse's disappearance.

"No one wanted to tell us anything," said Don Ross. "We did start to wonder if someone was trying to cover something up."
The marine unit recently acquired some new underwater sonar equipment that is more sensitive than what was used in the investigation back in 2006, so Roth ordered them to comb through the river again a few weeks ago, but nothing turned up. He concedes that some of the students, perhaps including Jesse, were drinking on the night that he disappeared but maintains that the Chicago Police Department has received good cooperation from UMKC and the students who were at the AMUN event.
"No one has refused to talk to us," he says.
I ask if he thinks that underage students would be willing to tell a cop about possible drug or alcohol use, and he insists that he and his colleagues know how to set people at ease. He says that the kind of kids who go to Model U.N. events are "straight arrows" and doesn't believe that Jesse decided to disappear.

"His kite was going up," he says, reclining in his green office chair. "He was a bright young man who had a great future ahead of him. Nineteen years old and he already had a paid job lined up at a radio station? A lot of kids would love to have an opportunity like that."

Attachments

• a2.jesse.ross.camera.story.jpg
    a2.jesse.ross.camera.story.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 179
[video=youtube;VMEBEIDa9_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEBEIDa9_0[/video]

Belton man, Jesse Ross, remains missing 10 years later

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/belton-man-jesse-ross-remains-missing-10-years-later

Over the past decade Don Ross has done everything he can to bring his son, Jesse, back home.

The 19-year-old from Belton vanished while attending a Model UN conference with his UMKC classmates in Chicago.

Don Ross told Jesse to call the day he was set to leave the “Windy City.”

“Instead of Jesse it was one of the sponsors and he informed us that he did not know where Jesse was. They were looking for him, they were packing everyone up and getting ready to leave and they would let us know more as soon as they could,” Don Ross said.

His father said the case remains open, despite any leads.

I pray he didn't fall for this scheme. women asked college aged men to go to a house party, the men were brought to a drug house, kidnapped and tortured:

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/2nd-suspect-in-u-of-r-abduction-case-pleads-guilty
That scenario is pretty unlikely. Without a body, foul play can't be ruled out, especially if he went to a rave where there were seedy people. However, the most likely scenario has already been discussed.
Jesse was apparently a "straight arrow," which means his tolerance for alcohol was probably low, yet he was likely drinking, and he was near a large body of water. Do the math: He probably approached the river to take a leak or just to look at the water, slipped on some wet stones or pavement, fell in, and drowned.

rbbm.

July 9 2012

http://www.examiner.com/article/where-is-jesse-ross

"On Nov. 21, the day Jesse was to return home, Jesse walked out of the meeting of the mock U.N. for a 30-minute break around 2 a.m. A surveillance camera catches him in the hotel lobby, but no where else. The outdoor security cameras did not record Jesse leaving and walking to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers where he was staying.

"They can't prove to us that he even left the hotel," said Jesse's mother, Donna Ross.

Law enforcement searched the area and the Chicago River, which runs next to the hotel, but nothing turned up.

None of Jesse's credit cards or his cell phone were used. It is as though he vanished into thin air."

This is so weird, how could he not have been seen leaving the hotel? Could he have met up with someone staying at that hotel and gone up to their room? Don't the hallways have surveillance cameras though?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back