IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006

This case makes me so upset. It really, really, really upsets me. I bought Don Ross's book "Where's Opie?". The Ross family seem so incredibly kind and I just wish we could alleviate some of their pain. I think about this case a lot.

So earlier this year, a college-aged guy went missing in Manayunk, a part of Philly. I used to live there. His name was Shane. He wound up being found in the river. This seems to happen often that young guys drink and maybe walk by water to go to the bathroom and fall in and drown. Perhaps Jesse had a few drinks. But as a teacher, I will state that I don't think he would have been drunk. The Model UN crowd isn't really like that. So if he did fall in the river, he would have had to hit his head to drown.

Anyone know how deep the Chicago River is around the Sheridan?

But where did he get drinks at if he was only seen leaving the event but not the hotel? Someone's private room? If so why wouldn't he have been seen on surveillance cameras elsewhere in the hotel? This case is so strange it gives me the willies.

This is way out there but just throwing it out there. I mean no disrespect to this man or his family but i want to share a very real possibility that happens everyday. Not the part where a man disappears though, every part BUT that.

I know girls started advertising themselves online around this time and before. They stay in rooms at hotels alot of times when they are working, In-call or out-call. This was his last night there. Is it possible he ordered someone? Is it possible this is how he was "mugged" the last time? Maybe his previous trip he saw a girl who advertised and her pimp is actually the mugger, but he never knew that. For instance last time he saw her advert and made arrangements, she came to his room or him to her room. She was able to see the items he had with him or in his room and they waited for him to exit later on; she relayed this to her pimp outside the hotel. Her pimp mugged him and he never was the wiser to how it all went down. So when he came back to town this time he called her again, he was comfortable with her this time and his nerves wouldnt be as bad bc he had spent time with her before. Alot of girls maintain the same cell number for repeat clients and some end up not having to advertise much bc they have a large enough client base to maintain themselves. This is a very common occurance. Guys who would not normally be Johns are now, bc there is much more anonymity this way. I have heard of guys that are just SOOOO opposite of the type you'd invision. He was a young guy maybe he felt like he could do this out of town and not have to deal with it once he got back home. There are 999 college age kids around him he would not want to see him do this. But how would they know what he was doing? They wouldn't know. He set it up to be private. Somewhere along the way he either rode away with her and a driver or he was killed in her room and wheeled out in luggage or laundry hamper. Sounds so crazy but the man disappeared so we have to look at the crazy possibilities. And this would account for the unreported mugging and returning to Chicago only to be harmed and disappeared somehow. He may not be in water at all if this were the case. Some online girls do end up setting up their johns, this is horrible but it happens. So they go through with their "job" get their money and end up setting him up to get robbed. Seems counterproductive if they want returning clients but it happens apparently. And MOST johns DON'T call the police because its mortifying where they may be at or what they may be doing there, so its easy pickings for criminals. Just a thought that has been running through my mind. They need to go back into the cctv or hotel video bc I bet the answers are in those videos just not as readily apparent as they would assume.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jesse Ross's parents believe remains discovered in Wisconsin could be their son
"This is probably the closest we've had," Don Ross, Jesse's father, said.
Don Ross is optimistic that recently discovered human remains along Lake Michigan could be of his missing son.
"Right now because they have no information of Jesse whatsoever we know nothing and that's nowhere to be for 10 years," Don Ross said.
The 19-year-old vanished while attending a model UN conference with his UMKC classmates in Chicago in fall of 2006.
"The possibility of Jessie being in that lake is very strong," Don Ross said.
http://www.kshb.com/news/jesse-ross...ns-discovered-in-wisconsin-could-be-their-son

Thread for recent Wisconsin remains here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mains-washed-up-on-Lake-Michigan-shore-Dec-16

Jesse Ross's parents believe remains discovered in Wisconsin could be their son

http://www.kshb.com/news/jesse-ross...ns-discovered-in-wisconsin-could-be-their-son

Thread for recent Wisconsin remains here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mains-washed-up-on-Lake-Michigan-shore-Dec-16

I was really hoping the remains could be Jesse but I guess there are still some organs and tissue attached to the skeleton so he couldn't have been in there for 10 years. Unfortunate. Really want some closure for his poor parents

Anyone have a sense of how long they'll have to wait for some answers?

I was really hoping the remains could be Jesse but I guess there are still some organs and tissue attached to the skeleton so he couldn't have been in there for 10 years. Unfortunate. Really want some closure for his poor parents
Anyone have a sense of how long they'll have to wait for some answers?

It could still be Jesse, only it would mean he's been alive for a good portion of the time he's been missing.

Is it possible he took drugs or drank too much, walked out to get fresh air and fell in river? This is the most likely scenario. Where does the river go? Is it possible to fall in and never be found?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

http://findjesseross.com/images/Jesse-missing-fact-sheet.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• Jesse-missing-fact-sheet.jpg
    Jesse-missing-fact-sheet.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 193
All of you who follow this case should be made aware of something I really just discovered today regarding Jesse's case. The facts as they are presented on the findjesseross.com site are not correct. However, the Charley Project and others get the facts correct. Yet, if you're like me, I take whatever the facts say on the "official" personal missing persons site for each case as the truth. That was a mistake on my part this time.

A person could read the account on findjesseross.com and believe that the emergency conference took place at the Four Points hotel and that it was the location where Jesse disappeared. Meaning, if he was leaving to go back to his hotel during that break, he was heading back to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. In fact, it says:

The 10-minute walk back to Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, where Jesse and the UMKC group was staying, was well-lit, heavily traveled and covered by outdoor security cameras. None of them recorded Jesse.

THIS IS WRONG.

It's actually the opposite. The emergency conference was at the Sheraton Chicago, and Jesse and the UMKC students were staying at the Four Points. So, everything is flipped.

What this really means is Jesse was last seen at the hotel right next to the water--and not the one a few blocks inland.

Maybe some of you already knew that. But I'm sure there are many who took findjesseross.com as the final word on this case. But it isn't. It's wrong.

Did you contact the website to tell them this? I can't believe they have the facts backwards.

Jesse Warren Ross was a 19-year-old sophomore when he vanished on Nov. 21, 2006, while attending a mock United Nations conference in Chicago. According to police, Ross was last seen at about 2:30 a.m., leaving the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, where a conference dance was held. Surveillance footage from the hotel does not indicate Ross was intoxicated when he left. He was likely heading to his hotel, the Four Points Sheraton, about 10 minutes away. What happened to Ross after he left remains a mystery. For more information, visit Findjesseross.com.

559e0f6a14000049019a7321.jpeg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...show=true#gallery/559e0f6ce4b0967291557f1d/27

There was an interview with Jesse's dad Donald Ross in the new article about the Charley Project! https://longreads.com/2018/01/11/the-encylopedia-of-the-missing/

Here is his new Charley Project link, as they recently redid everything: http://charleyproject.org/case/jesse-warren-ross

Thanks for posting!
From your link, this photo is not one often seen, it is not especially flattering , but if Ross is out there somewhere and not his " usual self " this pic. might help.imo.

• jesse_warren_ross_10.jpg

Brought in my mail and saw Jesse's picture on the back of a circular with an age progression photo. Hope 2018 is the year we find out what happened to him.

Very lengthy.
June 20 2017
Kate Thayer and Jeremy GornerContact ReportersChicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ge-student-jesse-ross-met-20170620-story.html
Don and Donna Ross felt their moods darken as they made the long drive to Chicago from their home outside Kansas City.

It had been a few years since they'd returned to the city Donna Ross calls "evil," the city that claimed their youngest son, Jesse, just over 10 years ago.

Jesse, then 19, was last seen in the predawn hours of Nov. 21, 2006, at a Streeterville hotel where he was attending a college Model United Nations conference. He's never been heard from again.

"Every time we do this, we open that sore," Donna Ross said of their visits to Chicago to try to renew interest in the case. They accept that their son is likely dead; they just want to know what happened to him.
Then a sophomore at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, Jesse was among 1,200 college students from around the country who attended the conference at the Sheraton hotel on North Water Street. He disappeared on the final day of the conference, and by the time police were alerted, most of the students were on their way back home.

At first, police speculated that Jesse, who reportedly had been drinking, might have fallen into the Chicago River near the hotel.
The Rosses aren't convinced. Their theory is that when Jesse left the meeting, he might have walked back to the other hotel where he was staying, in the opposite direction of the river. They believe he could have met with foul play on the way, and note that divers didn't find their son's remains in the river, despite several searches.

"We're wondering who's walking around free in Chicago who may have harmed our son," Don Ross said.
On the morning drive show on the local radio station, where Jesse had an internship, his on-air moniker was "Opie Cunningham" because of the red hair and freckles that made him resemble a young Ron Howard. In a regular segment called "Where's Opie?", Ross would call in from remote sites and listeners would guess his location.

The gig garnered Ross a following and suited him, because he loved to joke with his friends, his parents said.
On their last night in Chicago, Moorhead said, Ross and a friend from school, Ralph Parker, attended a dance hosted by conference organizers and a party in a hotel room where alcohol was served. Then they got called to a late-night meeting of the Model UN's Security Council.

Parker later told Moorhead and police, according to reports, that Ross had left the meeting room after 2 a.m. Parker confirmed Ross had been drinking but said he did not appear intoxicated.

No hotel security footage showed Ross leaving the hotel, though a security camera had caught him entering the building earlier that evening. Other students told Moorhead that Ross could have left through a staff door that conference-goers had used but was out of range of the cameras.

Is it possible he took drugs or drank too much, walked out to get fresh air and fell in river? This is the most likely scenario. Where does the river go? Is it possible to fall in and never be found?
It's one of the most likely scenarios in this case. A person doesn't even have to be intoxicated to trip and fall into the water.

The security cameras didn't capture Jesse leaving the Sheraton Chicago, so unless he was harmed in the hotel, he probably left by the staff entrance. How close was that entrance to the water's edge?

It's unlikely that he was a victim of random violence. Random killings are commonplace, but the victims are normally found quickly. Killers generally don't bother to conceal the bodies of victims to whom they have no prior connection. If he didn't fall into the river, then he probably died at the Chicago Sheraton.

One question I have is, why would a model UN group need to call an emergency meeting at 2:00 AM?

Good question...2:00AM meeting does sound weird especially when they more than likely knew that the students had been drinking.

As I understand it, he was last seen leaving the room the Un meeting was in.. so, if there is no footage of him leaving the hotel maybe he is still there? Could he have gotten trapped some how? Fallen down an elevator shaft? Ended up on the top of the hotel like Elisa Lam? I wonder if cadaver dogs have ever been to the hotel?

As I understand it, he was last seen leaving the room the Un meeting was in.. so, if there is no footage of him leaving the hotel maybe he is still there? Could he have gotten trapped some how? Fallen down an elevator shaft? Ended up on the top of the hotel like Elisa Lam? I wonder if cadaver dogs have ever been to the hotel?

It's possible. In a hotel that size, there could be many shafts, niches, closets, etc.

For anybody who might not recall, Elisa Lam was a Chinese-Canadian student who was found dead in a water tank on top of a hotel in Los Angeles in February of 2013, twenty days after she went missing. She was found because hotel guests noticed that the water had an unpleasant taste.

There was another case where a young man, Wade Steffey, turned up missing and was found dead in a rarely-accessed utility room in a Purdue University dorm. He had apparently wandered in and been electrocuted; he had been missing for over two months when he was finally discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back