Found Deceased IL - Joseph Maynard, 19, Genoa, 8 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Mar 11, 2019.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

19-year-old Joseph A. Maynard, who lives with his family in the 31000 block of Daniels Drive, is about 5-foot-6, 150 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and he was last seen wearing a tan Carhartt jacket and khaki pants. Maynard was last seen by his brother leaving the residence on foot about 11 a.m. Family members are worried he’s not taking medications for mental illness.

Police still searching for missing 19-year-old Genoa man | Daily Chronicle

[​IMG]

2. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

This young man has been missing for over 8 days, and his family is very worried.

Has a FB link to Joseph's SIL:

Family Still Looking for 19-Year-Old Missing From DeKalb Area

Police still looking for missing 19-year-old Genoa man | Daily Chronicle

Joseph was also missing when he was 15:

WHIZ-TV

3. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Not taking medications for mental illness...

Does that mean that he usually does take medications for a mental illness or he does not have a mental illness... huh?

4. TatianaBarbie

It wasn't a very well constructed sentence IMO, but it leads me to believe that Joseph has a mental illness, and that he hasn't been taking the medications for that illness that he should have been taking, at least according to the family.

5. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

That is what I was thinking, but you never know. And yes, terrible way to construct a sentence. I cannot say much more, because my grammar is not the best either :confused:

6. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

Nineteen-year-old Genoa man still missing | Daily Chronicle

[...]

....distinguishable features include a double earlobe piercing in his right ear; he has no tattoos. Maynard has not been taking his daily medications for mental illness and his phone has been turned off.

“It’s been very hard, we are still looking for Joe and so far there have been no leads,” Nancy Maynard said. “We are very worried about him. Joey has always been a good kid. He’s a quiet kid, kind-hearted, a good worker.”

[...]

"The dogs were able to track him from our house to the golf course, but that’s where the scent stops. Maybe he was picked up or got a ride from someone."

[...]

7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

The Oak Club Golf Course is about a 6 min walk from Daniels Drive.
    Google Maps

8. TatianaBarbie

The Oak Club Golf Course is right next to the Kishwaukee River. I hope they have looked for him in the river.

9. PommyMommy

I noticed that too, and there's been so many water-related deaths recently. :(

10. Lynetta

I hope they already have as well because the article says that police don’t have plans for future searches.

Nineteen-year-old Genoa man still missing | Daily Chronicle

11. PommyMommy

APR 20, 2019
    Search continues 6 weeks since Genoa teen's disappearance | Daily Chronicle
    Police and family members still are looking for a Genoa man that has been missing for six weeks.

NM still does not know her son Joe’s whereabouts since he was last seen March 8. She said there have been several leads that ultimately went nowhere and she hasn’t gotten any new information from law enforcement recently.

“So we get people that call and they’re not being honest, I guess you could say,” Maynard said.

[...]

NM said Joseph Maynard has not been taking his daily medications for mental illness for at least two months. She said she is in the process of selling the family’s house and keeps going back and forth about it because she keeps wondering, “What if Joe came back?”

[...]

DeKalb County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Andy Sullivan had said the sheriff’s office conducted two separate searches for Joseph Maynard with K-9s that were unsuccessful. One of the searches included more than 150 volunteers joining firefighters and DeKalb County Sheriff’s deputies in a search March 10.

[...]

NM said Joseph Maynard is a good person and a hard worker. She said he’s also trusting, and she fears that he could have trusted the wrong people.

[...]

DeKalb County Sheriff Roger Scott confirmed that Joseph Maynard still is missing. He said the sheriff’s office has done its own research trying to track Joseph Maynard and still is monitoring financial records and accepting tips from anyone that might have them.

“We continue to follow up on that,” Scott said.

(Name changed to initials by me)

12. Lynetta

AzPistonsGirl, Jim_M, Dre and 2 others like this.
  13. oceanverde

oceanverde Active Member

That is not the same Joseph in that article that was missing when he was 15. This Joseph would have been 17 in 2017, not 15.

It is unfortunately very likely that this is him but an identity has not been released.
    Sheriff: Body found in Genoa farm field

14. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems to be him. The body was found near both his home and the golf course where they traced his scent. The article makes it sound like they know exactly who it is but won’t disclose yet out of respect for the family
    :(

15. oceanverde

oceanverde Active Member

16. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

How sad for this kid. Some mental health medications have horrible side effects, including increased thoughts of suicide. He hadn’t been taking them long. The male brain is not fully developed until age 22 from what I’ve read. It must have been the wrong med or dosage. His poor family. Such a shame.

17. TatianaBarbie

It is always sad to lose a person so young. I'm glad they were able to find him for his family's sake. RIP Joseph.

inmyhumbleopinion, Lynetta and Dre like this.
  18. oceanverde

oceanverde Active Member

There's nothing really to indicate mental health was involved other than him not taking meds. He left his home on foot and according to the coroner died due to exposure. Toxicology is pending.

19. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

He died in a field close to his house, Unless he had an acute physical health crisis I think we will end up concluding that his state of mind lent itself to his demise
    Imo

20. oceanverde

oceanverde Active Member

His mother agrees with you. Thinks it was a side effect of the medicine he was on for depression. :(

GarAndTeed, inmyhumbleopinion and Dre like this.