GUILTY IL - Joshua Funches, 23, shot to death, University Park, 9 May 2010

I know many ex-and current Marines, and their only attitudes are admirable to me. There are bad seeds in any group, of course, but the vast majority of Marines, like LE and physicians; most are heroes who make great sacrifices for us, imo.

This man, at 69 years old, likely fought in Viet Nam and/or Korea.

Muffet you have no idea how I miss my old neighbor who was an ex Marine. Then again aren't you always a Marine? Not an ex? He cleaned up after his three huge German Shephards. Washed and hung the wash. Up at 5:30AM on the dot. He had a garden. He used to whistle that tune about "The Halls Of Montazuma" and forgive my ignorance there if I spelled it wrong.

Meanwhile I so can see a man that fought for this country so that guy could have a dog that could pee get angry especially when a sign was posted.

Definately he shouldn't have shot and murdered the guy, but I kinda see where you'd get really angry. No respect. He was probably thinking in his head "This lil punk has no idea what I've seen or where I've been".

It's a sad affair all around. Those poor kids have no dad now.

There's no excusing something like that. Taking a life over dog pee? That's just crazy.

I don't care if the man was reincarnated and fought in every war since the Revolution. IMO he is a cold blooded cowardly murderer who was carrying a weapon in a probably safe neighborhood like a ticking timebomb. He obviously does not enjoy animals or people since he had no feelings for anything other than controlling his small little spot of land. Since he made the choice to live in town he should have thought about annoying neighbors, people walking, loose dogs and cats, children, trash blowing up, etc. etc. etc. We all deserve to be able to safely take a walk and not be accosted by a gun waving lunatic because we comitted some small infraction of their rules. At least the murder victim didn't abuse his dog by jerking it's neck and dragging it away like a chicken, but instead attempted to speak up for himself. I highly doubt he was way up in the yard or letting his dog pee all over the place. Wonder how many missing cats there are in that neighborhood.

There should not have been any bail. The community is at risk with this guy on the loose. He may as well kill all the rest of the people he hates because he's going down for this one.
Stupid from the dog being allowed to go on the guys property to the actions of the court.

How the heck does a retired truck driver manage to get out of jail with 3 Mil bond?

This is just crazy. I understand taking pride in your yard, we take pride in ours and it takes a lot of work and care to make things nice, but a yard is just a yard, it's not worth someones life!
We have a neighbor dog that roams loose, she used to open our gate and get in the yard, now we have an extra lock to stop her, she's a sweet dog and we give her treats, she brings up gifts (we think she steals things from other homes) we leave her gifts in front so if someone is looking for them they can find them.
One neighbor takes care of homeless cats so those cats are roaming all over here, no lock on a gate is going to stop them! They have ruined flower beds I worked on but you know I just have learned to adjust some things. I enjoy those cats and I like the neighbor who takes care of them, I'd never shoot her because some of my flowers died!

VB

From December 2010:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...tricia-funches-puppy-urinating-joshua-funches

Sitting in her home next to unopened Christmas gifts, Patricia Funches expressed outrage Wednesday that the great-grandfather who killed her son after his puppy urinated on the man's lawn wouldn't spend a day in prison...

A jury in October convicted Clements of second-degree murder.

He could have faced up to 20 years in prison. Instead, Judge Daniel Rozak, who last year sentenced a spectator to three weeks in jail for loudly yawning in his courtroom, ordered Clements to serve 4 years of probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back