IL IL - Joshua Summeries, 5 mos, Zion, 21 Aug 2013 *D. Thorpe guilty*

There are four parks in the area which I'm sure the boyfriend could have walked to and back home in a short time, but Beulah Park looks likely.

Says that trash pickup was being postponed for houses near that area, my Mom is only a few blocks away and her trash was picked up yesterday :(

My heart aches. SO many people who want babies, just take the baby to a safe haven if you don't want to deal with the crying. I don't understand what these people expect after they kill babies..to go free?

The baby was crying early Wednesday morning and the boyfriend told her he would take care of the child. He left with the baby and came back about 10 minutes later saying he went for a smoke, the mother told police. The baby was not with him.

There was an argument between the baby's mother and boyfriend; neighbors reported hearing the shouting.The mother went to the home of the baby's father, which is nearby,but before they could talk she took off. When she got back to the home, her boyfriend was gone. Police later brought him in for questioning.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9215049

BBM I thought the father lived over an hours drive south.

The sequence of arguing and people coming and going doesn't make much sense. If the boyfriend was only gone 10 minutes the baby would have to be nearby.

Not necessarily. 10 minutes = a million possibilities for the creative and angry mind.

My heart aches. SO many people who want babies, just take the baby to a safe haven if you don't want to deal with the crying. I don't understand what these people expect after they kill babies..to go free?

They loose their head.

And I agree. So many people want babies. I think we in the society must be more accepting of people choosing to give their child up instead of bashing them. It truly takes a lot of love and insight to willingly give away your child.

Isn't Beulah park where those two little girls were murdered by one of their fathers/step-fathers on Mother's Day several years ago? Ughhhh, makes me shiver. :(

How long would it take him to get to Lake Michigan and back? Did he have a car? If so, it looks close enough to make that drive in 10 minutes' time. Plus, who knows if it really was 10 minutes' time?
Lake Michigan is vast & deep & looks like a "good" place to dump a tiny body in a hurry. :(
What about construction sites or caves or big holes in the ground (thinking construction, again)?
This is so sad. Just tell LE where he is, perp. If you denied him life, he at least deserves a proper resting spot & ceremony.
:(

Things don't sound good for the recovery of this little baby.

The neighbor mentioned she did not even know they had a baby living there. That is scary. In my experience people notice babies. They are cute and cuddly and most often mothers are happily showing them off......so this fact scares me. I am also so angry over the version of the story that states the bf left and when he came back the baby was not with him, so the mother went to the babies fathers......WTH......who notices their baby is missing and does not instantly dial 911......This is happening so often now that it has become very scary.....

I've been FB'ing a little and was able to find bio dad. He writes he is out searching for his son.

Also, Joshua has three older brothers. I hope they didn't witness anything horrible and I hope they all are taken good care of.

Father looks rather young so the rest of his sons can't be that old.

Actually, I THINK Joshua has a twin brother. If so, this is even more heartbreaking.

if Joshua is no longer with us, I just pray that the bf does the right thing & tells LE where he is. Such a cute little baby.

Zion police chief fears missing baby 'has been harmed or worse'

Staff report
1:18 p.m. CDT, August 22, 2013

Zion's police chief said today he believes a missing 5-month-boy "has been harmed or worse" and asked residents to check their property, particularly garbage cans, for "anything of evidentiary value."

More than 200 police officers and emergency workers have been searching for Joshua Summeries since his mother reported him missing around 8 a.m. Wednesday from their apartment in the 2300 block of Galilee Avenue. The mother told police her boyfriend was also gone.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...issing-from-zion-home-20130822,0,200002.story

My Mom (who lives in Zion --I know I keep saying this but I don't know if a new person popping in will have read my old posts) just texted me a picture said it looked like they might be setting up for a news conference behind the police station...lots of media activity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back