IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the car parked in a parking garage that was accessible by hotel elevators? Maybe she was trying to get to the car..or ground level via parking garage??

So there's pretty interesting talk coming from one of the activists standing next to Andrew Holmes (the main speaker) during the press conference, as well as Kenneka's mother. I've probably said more than I'm allowed since it's not MSM but if I'm allowed to I'll mention the other activists name..?

So there's pretty interesting talk coming from one of the activists standing next to Andrew Holmes (the main speaker) during the press conference, as well as Kenneka's mother. I've probably said more than I'm allowed since it's not MSM but if I'm allowed to I'll mention the other activists name..?

There's a Jedidiah Brown who speaks on this MSM video:
http://wgntv.com/2017/09/14/video-s...freezer-alone-before-her-death-activist-says/

Is that who you mean? He doesn't seem to say anything that hasn't already been said.

[h=1]Kenneka Jenkins' mother says activist who viewed freezer video misrepresented family[/h]
Martin arrived at the hotel about 9 p.m. Thursday, thanking protesters for turning out in honor of her daughter. Martin commended a police officer for his work during the investigation.

And just when it appeared the tension had died down, Martin said she was misrepresented by the activists who called the news conference earlier.

"He came out of the blue and acting ... like he was a friend," Martin said about one of the activists. "But he calls me this morning and says, 'Oh the hotel is not making any money. I think you need to go online and stop the protest.'"

When asked by a woman if information given earlier at the press conference was false, she responded, "Yes." She told the crowd not to believe Facebook, but egged on jeers from the crowd when they mentioned unsubstantiated theories.

"Whatever happened is going to come out," one woman told her.

"Yes!" Martin said.

Martin continued, "They were too hush-hush at the hotel."

The crowd erupted into chants of "Justice for Kenneka!" and vowed to return to the hotel until the case was resolved.

"If there is no foul play and there is no cover up, there is no reason to deceive the citizens of the city," activist Jedidiah Brown told Martin. "I apologize for being a part of that press conference. But what I need for you to do is to call for the citizens of Chicago to be out here every day until she gets justice she deserves."

A spokesman for the Crowne Plaza said Thursday that the hotel has offered to pay for Jenkins' funeral.

"Our hearts go out to Kenneka's mother, her family and friends," said the spokesman, Glenn Harston. "We hope covering the funeral costs provides a small bit of relief for them."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...freezer-death-update-0915-20170914-story.html

What is saddest to me now is wondering if she was alive when the mother started searching for her. I think it's privacy/staffing reasons that would make the hotel not want to show the tape without a police report and search immediately, but it would be heart breaking if she could have been saved were she found sooner. Can't even imagine what the mom is going through.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

What is saddest to me now is wondering if she was alive when the mother started searching for her. I think it's privacy/staffing reasons that would make the hotel not want to show the tape without a police report and search immediately, but it would be heart breaking if she could have been saved were she found sooner. Can't even imagine what the mom is going through.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
I've been worrying about that same thing.

Unfortunately we do not have a timestamp for what time she walked into freezer on her own however her mom has been relatively quiet though all of this, she has plenty of videos, none of which seem to point a finger at anybody.

To me it appears she knows what went wrong, but is trying to come to grips with it, every time I have heard her addressing the protest, she always emphasizes keep it peaceful you'll all. She also has cancer so that has not allowed her to be out there as much as she would like according to her.

She is obviously upset with how she was originally treated by hotel BUT I think she knows deep down inside that her own daughter played the biggest role in what happened to her. Nothing from her that I have seen suggesting her friends slipped her a mickey.

And of course SM from China and everywhere else has just made an absolute mess of this with more conspiracy theories than JFK had.

I'm glad I came back to check on this thread as your post was very touching. I checked out when I read the MSM article posted here where the activist was putting their spin on the death. It upset me so much that they were playing the blame and color game. Again, thank you for a very well thought out post barcode.

These are basically a good group of kids, speaking of IR,MS,SW,and KM........I never bought the set up, $200, rape, murder, crying, They have all been friends for so many years and I have read through 2-3 years of online communications between them. Nothing there to indicate any strife between them. They are pretty much immune to murder and death, it is all to common on any given weekend in Chi-Raq. Kenneka recently posted about any time she gets a new job, she is moving up, getting better pay. SW complained about a manager who was cutting her hours....these teens were working PERIOD If they were up to such illicit activities, no need for a 9-5

Now I may be way to early on releasing them from what most consider to be a murder BUT I doubt it.

Secondly I have not really addressed the hotel issue, obviously they have the deep pockets, I am not sure what culpability if any they have. I do not think anyone could have anticipated someone walking into the freezer, I do not believe this should be a secured area, what are we going to put locks on all walkin freezers? Who actually rented the room for IR? Were there any underage teens there.

Hopefully when all is said and done, these friends will be vindicated, although they have been crucified online and even by media as in so called freezer video.

My 2cents and then some.

The states that I have lived in require commercial freezers and refrigerators to be locked when not in use. A company I worked for had to lock them up when workers were not present in the area and they were not even in a public accessible area.

I think our society is too litigious. There is no way to prevent people from doing stupid things.

[h=1]Family of girl found dead in hotel freezer takes issue with investigation[/h]
Jenkins' mother, Tereasa Martin, was among protesters at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont Thursday night.

Martin questioned the handling of the investigation by both the police and the hotel.
Rosemont police say they have provided the family with the hotel surveillance video which is said to show Jenkins alone, apparently disoriented, and wandering around the lowers floor randomly opening doors.

Community activist Andrew Holmes reviewed the surveillance video with police and said the death was an accident waiting to happen.

According to reports, the freezer is in unused section of the hotel. Holmes said the freezer was off and extremely hot inside at the time.
http://wgntv.com/2017/09/15/family-...hotel-freezer-takes-issue-with-investigation/

BBM. Is this new info? I thought the freezer was on all this time. :scared:

[h=1]Rosemont hotel freezer death: Surveillance video sent to family attorney[/h]
Police sent surveillance video that could answer the question of whether Jenkins' death was a horrible mistake or the result of foul play to her mother's attorney. Jenkins' mother, Teresa Martin, said she will be reviewing the video with her attorney on Friday and police said she is welcome to come to the police station to review the video with them and ask any questions they have.
There are up to 47 surveillance cameras in and around the hotel that captured Jenkins' last moves. Andrew Holmes, a community activist in Chicago who viewed the footage Thursday, said the young woman was alone the whole time she was in the basement and may have been trying to get out. He said she may have thought the walk-in freezer was an exit.

"From me looking at the video, she was trying to find her way back upstairs to the lobby and she was checking the doors just trying to find her way upstairs," Holmes said.
http://abc7chicago.com/rosemont-hot...llance-video-sent-to-family-attorney/2419272/

My theory is that they had a eventful night (fun,underage drinking an drugs etc.) (most of us have been guilty of this) it was said that the keys an cell phone were accidentally were left in the room (this was figured out after they were already in the lobby meaning someone had to go back to retrieve them..i can see how at the ages of 19 how the decision to leave the very drunk friend in the lobby(thinking it will be faster an easier for the others to run to look for them. I can also see how KJ could in that short period of time wake a little an wonder where everybody is an decide to find her own way to her car (drunk an possible drugs) not realizing she's supposed to be waiting for her friends to come back. In my parting lifetime I have seen many bad,strange,weird decisions from ppl I've know most of my life when drugs an alcohol are involved. Things we may never understand bc we may seem to see clearer when were in that state. All ppl react different when under the influence so I'm not surprised that she walked off. Also I'm wondering if when she walked into the freezer( probably thinking it led somewhere poss to her car) being as tho it was turned off maybe the reason the panic emergency button wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayanlips