IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Kierra Coles, 27, was last seen Oct. 2 near 82nd Street and Coles Avenue. Coles was described as a 5-foot-4, 125-pound black woman with brown eyes, black hair and a medium brown complexion, police said. She has a tattoo of a heard on her right hand and one that reads “Lucky Libra” on her back.

Woman missing for 6 days from South Chicago

coles-e1539016107557.png

Video shows missing pregnant woman from South Chicago on day she was last seen

Surveillance video shows a pregnant woman who has been missing from South Chicago for nearly a week dressed in her work uniform on the day she was last seen.

A neighbor’s surveillance video shows Kierra Coles, 26, dressed in her U.S. Post Service uniform, heading to work on Tuesday, Oct. 9. In the video, she passes her car and goes across the street then disappears out of frame. She was last seen near 82nd Street and Coles Avenue....

ABC 7 Chicago‏Verified account @ABC7Chicago

Postal worker Kierra Coles, 27, who was pregnant, missing from South Side for one week: https://abc7.ws/2ydUBgC

ABC 7 Chicago on Twitter

athychaney‏Verified account @kathychaney

#KierraColes was last seen Oct. 2. She's a USPS worker and is pregnant. Kierra was seen on video leaving her home in Chatham, dressed in her work uniform, but her family says she called off that day. If you know something, say something. #FindKierra

kathychaney on Twitter

WGCI‏Verified account @WGCI

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YOUNG LADY? Kierra Coles has been missing for nearly one week! MORE DETAILS INSIDE!

WGCI on Twitter

Elizabeth Matthews‏Verified account @ElizabethFox32

26 yo Kierra Coles went missing last week, now her family is fearing the worst. She and her boyfriend of 5 years just found out they are going to have a baby - they need help from public and @Chicago_Police

DpBRws1UUAAjatI.jpg

Elizabeth Matthews on Twitter

Elizabeth Matthews‏Verified account @ElizabethFox32

Friends passing out fliers in front of missing woman’s apartment near 81/Vernon in Chatham neighborhood. No one has seen Kierra Coles since Tuesday @fox32news @Chicago_Police

Elizabeth Matthews on Twitter

*Video at link

This is what I don't understand. The initial reports said her family stated that her purse and phone were found in her car. There's no way anyone is going to leave a purse and phone in a car in that area, you are risking a "smash and grab", even in the safer areas of Chicago.

The video shows she walked past her car and disappeared so how did the purse and phone end up in the car?

“Maybe something did happen where she was overcome with a lot, you know when you are pregnant you are emotional,” said Karen Phillips, Kierra Coles mother. “I want to say she just went somewhere and didn’t want to tell nobody and then she will just come home but I don’t feel that.”
Police searching for missing pregnant postal worker

*modsnip*/ removed source not ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashleigh Banfield of Crime & Justice is finally off from a whole 2 hours of the Watts case for many weeks and portrayed missing Kerrie Coles.

It is so strange. On the show indicated she had called into work for time off. So why is she in her work uniform? was discussed (providing reporting is correct).

It is beyond sad many pregnant women go missing with bad endings. Please let this girl be found.

I was wondering why she was in her work uniform, yet called in sick? Why would anyone do that? I can’t think of any reasons. Why is it that cameras always get the moments BEFORE someone goes missing!
Possible she called in sick, but did not tell the person(s) she lives with that she had done so? Left giving them the idea she was off to work.

HayLouise, Thank you for posting the Twitter video r/t the Crime & Justice segment of her walking in her work uniform.

Isn't Kierra carrying a bag?

Perhaps after placing her purse and cell phone in her car, she decided to go back for whatever is in the bag. To walk by her car and head somewhere else is odd unless going to someone's home before leaving in her car. Though I would think this has already been checked out by LE.

It sure is fortunate this footage was captured. Please locate Kierra alive.

"It's just sickening to wake up and not hear nothing," Phillips said.

Her mother's boyfriend told WGN-TV the video suggests that Coles appeared concerned about something that caused her to abandon her car.

"She seen something that made her turn around that fast and cross the street," Dan Perkins said, "and her car was on the other side of the street."

"If anybody knows anything, please call in, let us know," he said. "We love her. We miss her."
Pregnant Postal Worker Missing, Family Pleads For Answers

Imstilla.grandma, Thank you for sharing phone interview with Kierra's mother. You are so good in locating videos.

Following from interview: Sounds like Kierra just turned 26 recent birthday. Mom last saw her Sunday before missing, last spoke by phone day before ( on Tues) went missing ( Wed Oct 3). They spoke every day. Kierra had requested Mon and Tues off for personal business. USPS where she worked spoke with her Wed (recognized her voice) as she called in to take Wed off.

Interviewer has known Kierra all her life. He also indicated they have been having a lot of missing women lately. (Chicago).

It sure does not sound good. Please be safe Kierra.

ETA: Other reports on above posts are saying Tues Oct 2 for missing but I think her Mother giving these days of week in my post as Wed being the missing day (Oct 3). If you listen to interview feel free to correct any errors. Thank you.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back