GUILTY IL - Kristopher 'Bo' Jones for lighting wife on fire, Sherrard, 2004

I don't understand women like this, I honestly don't. I think she should avail herself to anything the system can provide for her by way of counselling, financial aid, etc., to get herself and her kids out from under his family's roof.

Also, I beg all of the moms here to raise your children to know that they DO NOT need a man in their lives to be happy, whole or content and raise your sons to respect women and be the type of man who would stand in front of a speeding train or bullet to protect his women.

I would think the courts would tell her to choose between having her kids or going back to an abuser. :confused:

snorky said:
I would think the courts would tell her to choose between having her kids or going back to an abuser. :confused:

Amen! Hopefully, by the time the SOB is let out of prison, they'll be grown.

Jeana (DP) said:
Also, I beg all of the moms here to raise your children to know that they DO NOT need a man in their lives to be happy, whole or content and raise your sons to respect women and be the type of man who would stand in front of a speeding train or bullet to protect his women.
This is so important, DP. Girls get so many mixed messages today and very often help promised is not there when truly needed. Nothing worse than to leave an abusive jerk to find there is no room at the inn (shelter) and you have to go back. So if our girls know they can make their own money and that having a family is a benefit, not a pre-requiste to life, then maybe more of them will not be afraid of being passed over and left alone. Esp when it is THEIR choice, not the guys.

Goody said:
This is so important, DP. Girls get so many mixed messages today and very often help promised is not there when truly needed. Nothing worse than to leave an abusive jerk to find there is no room at the inn (shelter) and you have to go back. So if our girls know they can make their own money and that having a family is a benefit, not a pre-requiste to life, then maybe more of them will not be afraid of being passed over and left alone. Esp when it is THEIR choice, not the guys.

Absolutely right Goody!!! I've known women on both ends of the spectrum. Ones that absolutely are NOT happy without a man and those who play, but don't buy!!!! LOL The bottom line is that if you're not happy with who YOU are, no man in the world is going to complete you.

I can't stop thinking about this poor woman. I feel so bad for her.............to be so beaten down. Any updates?

The last I read, there was going to be another status hearing in March. I'll update if I can find out when.

jannuncutt said:
I can't stop thinking about this poor woman. I feel so bad for her.............to be so beaten down. Any updates?
Hi there - I did a search and the last update I can find is from Feb 2005 - but says there is a new hearing for March - so maybe we will hear something soon.

ALEDO, Illinois -- With no plea agreement in the pipeline, prosecutors say a new charge might be filed against a Sherrard man accused of setting his wife on fire last year.

Kristopher ''Bo'' Jones of Sherrard is charged with dousing his wife Tanya with gasoline and lighting her on fire during an argument in a Mercer County field. Badly burned on her torso and neck, Tanya is now supporting her husband, and was at todays status hearing.

The defense and prosecution have been trying to negotiate a plea deal but have not been able to reach an agreement on the number of years Bo Jones would spend in prison. Now the case may be headed to trial, and prosecutors told the judge they are now thinking of adding a charge. When asked what that might be, Special Prosecutor Steve Plazebat declined to answer. Some speculate it could be an attempted murder charge.

Another status hearing is set for March.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=2913586

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back