IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe So said:
Neighbor man/father of playmante is setting off my hinky meter.

I mean he just saw those 2 girls yesterday and now they are dead with their throats cut and I am wondering why I don't see any "OMG how unbelievable that this happened right here by my house, and I just saw those girls yesterday OMG and a murderer must be loose and I fear for my own child OMG OMG!!" kind of reaction from him.

Seems strange.....not much emotion or shock expressed when he talks...I would be crying if a neighbor kid was murdered.

Does the man have a wife? or is he a single father?

How mad was he about the chalk on the garage?

I think that to get both of them they had to be familiar with the person.

I just have a strange feeling but will not point any fingers at anyone without firm evidence.
as soon as i read that about him yelling at them for writing on his garage door, I found that strange too... and then no one reported seeing them after he did, from what I've seen??

Laura Hobbs and Chrystal Tobias
Multilple stab wounds no evidence of sexual assult.
Died sometime in the early morning hours...2am or 3am.
No one in custody yet...(sounds like they have a POI)

omg...

richandfamous said:
Laura Hobbs and Chrystal Tobias
Multilple stab wounds no evidence of sexual assult.
Died sometime in the early morning hours...2am or 3am.
No one in custody yet...(sounds like they have a POI)

omg...
If they died around 2am or 3am, then they had to be held captive somewhere and then dumped, I would think??

It was obviously someone who was angry with them to stab them and not assault them.

Sorry, shouldn't point fingers but the neighbor who knew exactly where they were going for a bike ride is first on my list of "persons of interest".

Thinkoflaura said:
All I am finding is the statement " obvious injuries to the bodies".
Has anyone found anything more definitive as to possible cause of deaths and time of death?
I can't help but wonder if these children lived near a convicted sex offender.

Press Conference just stated the girls were stabbed.

there's a thread on this in the "crmies in the news" forum, too. Can we combine the two?

PrayersForMaura said:
as soon as i read that about him yelling at them for writing on his garage door, I found that strange too... and then no one reported seeing them after he did, from what I've seen??
NBC5 reported the bodies were discovered by a male jogger and that the girls disappeared after leaving a friend's house around 6 p.m. Sunday. A bike was also found near the location where the girl's bodies were found, NBC5 reported.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=46645

This is saying that they left a friend's house around 6 p.m. on Sunday...so someone else must have seen them after the neighbour did on Sunday morning...

press conference just reported tim of death around 1 or 2 am, I believe. There are three different threads on this case right now, so I apologize for duplicated info.

joanofarc said:
NBC5 reported the bodies were discovered by a male jogger and that the girls disappeared after leaving a friend's house around 6 p.m. Sunday. A bike was also found near the location where the girl's bodies were found, NBC5 reported.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=46645

This is saying that they left a friend's house around 6 p.m. on Sunday...so someone must have seen them after the neighbour did on Sunday morning
so is the time of death at around 1 or 2am accurate? Where were they from 6pm til 1am?

golfmom said:
I am always catch *crap* as being an overprotective parent. I hate being able to say "I told you so." I just can't even begin to imagine these poor family's pain.

I can't imagine allowing mine to go out the door and not watch them. I won't allow them to stay in the book aisle of the store while I shop either. They're now molesting children in the Wal-Mart for crying out loud.

I just watched the press conference as well. Both girls stabbed. At least 1 bike found near them. They were about 50 yards away from bike path. Time of death estimated around 1:00 a.m. difficult to tell because it was cold last night. Girls were both found with their clothes on ... no sign of sexual assault.

ok, so the first two people i would question thoroughly would be the father who yelled at them for writing in chalk on his garage door and the friend who rode back from being with them who was safe....

sometimes children fight with each other and it could've been done by another child... there was no reported sexual assault so to me that means that someone was angry with the two girls or just a very deranged person who kills for fun.

time of death being reported around 1am... so.... where were they from 6pm on? Being held captive in someone's house?? Left bledding in the area but not yet dead?

This is terrible... very heartbreaking :(

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't imagine allowing mine to go out the door and not watch them. I won't allow them to stay in the book aisle of the store while I shop either. They're now molesting children in the Wal-Mart for crying out loud.

You should hear my daughter's reaction to the press conference. "Why in the hell are two girls, one mile from their homes, unsupervised?" I guess I'm not looking so bad anymore.

PrayersForMaura said:
so is the time of death at around 1 or 2am accurate? Where were they from 6pm til 1am?
Seems hinkey ,doesn't it, for a report of last sighting at 6 p.m and TOD 1-2 am...we haven't heard any reports of who the parents are yet...have we??

PrayersForMaura said:
press conference just reported tim of death around 1 or 2 am, I believe. There are three different threads on this case right now, so I apologize for duplicated info.
Just stated on tv, they were stabbed a number of times, each.

so sad:angel:

joanofarc said:
Seems hinkey ,doesn't it, for a report of last sighting at 6 p.m and TOD 1-2 am...we haven't heard any reports of who the parents are yet...have we??
not that i have seen.... is the friend who saw them around 6pm the same friend whose house they were at at around 9 or 10am?

Just reported, they were both stabbed a number of times each....

Chicago tv station reported.....:angel:

PrayersForMaura said:
not that i have seen.... is the friend who saw them around 6pm the same friend whose house they were at at around 9 or 10am?
It said their other little friend made it home...so maybe they rode with her to her house and then set off from the friend's house around 6 p.m. ...thus the report of seeing them at that hour

Pharlap said:
Just stated on tv, they were stabed a number of times, each.

so sad:angel:
to be stabbed -- much less stabbed multiple times -- it is a crime of rage. Someones must've been pretty angry at two defenseless little girls... someone rather deranged :(

Pharlap said:
Just reported, they were both stabed a number of times each....

Chicago tv station reported.....:angel:
This sounds like a major "sicko" on the loose...maybe if the girls were sisters or something then maybe a revenge killing toward the mother by the father might be the case but these kids were just best friends, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52