IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

<3 Can't believe this is still not solved! Hoping some DNA from the scene can be matched up through GEDMatch/genealogical search.
Welcome to Ws SpringDonut77!
Also hoping GEDMatch can be utilized to solve this case, the monster who mowed down all those women, is still roaming this earth and must be identified!

Welcome to Ws SpringDonut77!
Also hoping GEDMatch can be utilized to solve this case, the monster who mowed down all those women, is still roaming this earth and must be identified!

I am hoping as well, however I feel if they were going to do this they would have done so already. There has been much silence in this case the last 2 years. For a time I thought that meant the calm before a storm, and it still could be that is the case. That being said, I am getting the feeling this might go unsolved for a long time to come. I hope I am proven wrong.

This case is so frustrating. First, that the crime even occurred, given the hour of day and the fact that it was not an isolated location. And then that so few clues were left.

I truly hope it will be solved some day.

Well, here we are at the 13th anniversary. I would post a link to an article, but there are none. The radio silence in this case is deafening. That could mean 1. This is a calm before a storm and there is a possible resolution coming or 2. There is no progress and we are where we have been for the last 13 years. Perhaps we are somewhere in between.

Thank you for the link. Reading between the lines, It doesn't seem like the needle has moved at all from last year or the year before. I'm glad it is still ongoing and they are receiving tips. I have no doubt they are working diligently to solve case. I hope there is a suspect that they can't tell us about that would explain the radio silence.

I have believed all along that the police know exactly who did it, and have enough evidence to arrest them, but can't because it's one of their own, or someone else who's highly connected.

Thanks for the link, surprised and disappointed there does not seem to be any other new articles about this unforgettable case, imo.

February 3, 2021 rbbm.
''(WBBM NEWSRADIO) — Thirteen years after five women were fatally shot at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park, the detective leading the investigation says he's confident the case will eventually be solved.''

''Last year, local police fielded nearly 60 tips, says
Tinley Park Police Detective Ray Violetto.''

''Advances in forensics will help investigators get more information from the evidence they collected and will help them identify the killer, he said.''

''A $100,000 reward is still being offered for information that leads to the gunman.''

2PY4ZBBE2VK3FATTPEQSBPVHEM.jpg

(WNDU)
10-year anniversary for Tinley Park Lane Bryant shootings

Today's Murder Squad podcast episode is about the Lane Bryant Murders. It was good to hear Paul Holes's take on the crime:
Unsolved: The Lane Bryant Shooting - The Murder Squad
Thanks, I’m going to listen to it later. I’ll always believe more than one person was involved in this due to the activity in the parking lot and what I heard on the 911 call. Plus it seems that they usually operate in small groups in this area. Hoping that it’s solved soon. It’s about to be another year :(.

LB-2013--9e8ad480-3675-4d7c-820b-bf881df0d06f.jpg

Lane Bryant case Photo credit USA Today

February 3, 2021
Lane Bryant killings remain unsolved, 13 years later
''Last year, local police fielded nearly 60 tips, says
Tinley Park Police Detective Ray Violetto.

“Thirteen years later, that’s a lot of tips that come in on an annual basis,” Violetto said.

Advances in forensics will help investigators get more information from the evidence they collected and will help them identify the killer, he said.

A $100,000 reward is still being offered for information that leads to the gunman.''

Today's Murder Squad podcast episode is about the Lane Bryant Murders. It was good to hear Paul Holes's take on the crime:
Unsolved: The Lane Bryant Shooting - The Murder Squad
This was interesting. Either I wasn't aware or I had forgotten, but it appears they have the killer's DNA. And after visiting LE in the UK, they might have his fingerprints as well.

This doesn't seem like the type of person who commits a murder like this and nothing else since. Unless LE is keeping under wraps, the .40 cal Glock and his finger prints haven't turned up at any crime scene since. I believe Illinois is one of the states that take DNA during a felony arrest, so it appears the killer hasn't been arrested since the law has passed.

This was interesting. Either I wasn't aware or I had forgotten, but it appears they have the killer's DNA. And after visiting LE in the UK, they might have his fingerprints as well.

This doesn't seem like the type of person who commits a murder like this and nothing else since. Unless LE is keeping under wraps, the .40 cal Glock and his finger prints haven't turned up at any crime scene since. I believe Illinois is one of the states that take DNA during a felony arrest, so it appears the killer hasn't been arrested since the law has passed.
I wondering if he left his beanie. We know he had one on when he entered the store. We also can assume that the survivor saw him without it because of the sketch. Law enforcement has stated that they have something of his. He had to get out so quickly that I imagine he didn’t have time to gather his belongings other than what he had on his person at the time of the shooting.
As far as them not getting a hit on the dna/prints it’s strange to me too. Indiana is so close so maybe he’s from there instead of Illinois. Maybe he left the area all together. Maybe his info is in a backlog somewhere. This could be someone that was desperate and hasn’t committed a crime since. It was 2008 and the economy wasn’t so great. My gut is he’s dead though. I believe his accomplices probably did away with him after the sketch came out. That’s my top theory anyways. I’ve even tried to research black males that went missing or were murdered around the time the sketch came out. It’s difficult because there aren’t many pictures to go off of. I only found one that peaked my interest.

I wondering if he left his beanie. We know he had one on when he entered the store. We also can assume that the survivor saw him without it because of the sketch. Law enforcement has stated that they have something of his. He had to get out so quickly that I imagine he didn’t have time to gather his belongings other than what he had on his person at the time of the shooting.
As far as them not getting a hit on the dna/prints it’s strange to me too. Indiana is so close so maybe he’s from there instead of Illinois. Maybe he left the area all together. Maybe his info is in a backlog somewhere. This could be someone that was desperate and hasn’t committed a crime since. It was 2008 and the economy wasn’t so great. My gut is he’s dead though. I believe his accomplices probably did away with him after the sketch came out. That’s my top theory anyways. I’ve even tried to research black males that went missing or were murdered around the time the sketch came out. It’s difficult because there aren’t many pictures to go off of. I only found one that peaked my interest.
That he might be dead? Good point. For years LE tried to track down the killer of Genevieve Zitricki (1990, SC) and Sherri and Megan Scherer (1998, MO). Only to learn in 2018 he died from a self-inflicted gun shot when LE stopped him in 1999. DNA familial tracing led to Robert Brasher. The same might be true here.

Complete speculation, imo, fwiw.
Cannot recall if they ever said which woman was fondled, but it would take a certain kind of hold-up robber to do that before shooting to kill.
Each of the women had their faces covered with underwear, possibly because those items were nearby and handy, but maybe it is a manifestation of some other sexual kink?
The underwear would (sorry) presumably become bloodied .....

Wondering if this guy will be found somewhere deep in the perve files?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back