IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

Looking at this perp's pic.(the eyes) just have to wonder if he ever made his way to the Lane Bryant store?....
speculation, fwiw, imo.rbbm

''A long-haul trucker from Kansas has been charged with two counts of murder after detectives in a newly formed cold case unit connected him to the brutal deaths of two women in the 1990s.

At a press conference this week, Kansas City Police Chief Karl Oakman said it was likely that Gary Dion Davis, 52, has 'killed more.'
1695384994044.png

Not only looks like him, but a trucker as well. LB suspect posed as a delivery man. Yes, just speculating though.

The shopping center is visible from I-80. It’s a very busy interstate with a lot of trucks.

I will say that I 100% believe that whoever was driving those two vehicles knew the area well to get away without a trace like they did. I 100% believe that the drivers of the two vehicles had been to the shopping center before. It’s kind of tricky the first few times you shop there getting in and out. I remember getting confused the first couple of times I went.

I also think it’s likely that the guy in the sketch isn’t from the area and that is why no one has identified him. Perhaps he was visiting family and/or friends that weekend.

The Tinley Park Lane Bryant didn’t have a stock room. From my understanding shipments went to the Orland Park store, and they sent stuff to the Tinley Store. How would the perps know this unless they knew someone that worked or delivered to the Lane Bryant’s in this area?

I wonder how many stores are set up like this. Most retail stores have a stock room. I think a store like this not having one is an outlier.

The Tinley Park Lane Bryant didn’t have a stock room. From my understanding shipments went to the Orland Park store, and they sent stuff to the Tinley Store. How would the perps know this unless they knew someone that worked or delivered to the Lane Bryant’s in this area?

I wonder how many stores are set up like this. Most retail stores have a stock room. I think a store like this not having one is an outlier.
I have always thought that it had to be someone who was familiar with Lane Bryant, and that location in particular. It isn’t a place that would be selected at random, IMO. We used to shop at the nearby Target store when we leaved in the area, and I frequently drove past Lane Bryant.

There is too much traffic and the store is highly visible. If someone was interested in a simply robbery there are better options in the area.

I have always thought that it had to be someone who was familiar with Lane Bryant, and that location in particular. It isn’t a place that would be selected at random, IMO. We used to shop at the nearby Target store when we leaved in the area, and I frequently drove past Lane Bryant.

There is too much traffic and the store is highly visible. If someone was interested in a simply robbery there are better options in the area.
I agree with you 100%. I shop at this shopping center too. As far as shopping centers there are only 2 ways in and out. Traffic backs up at the first entrance off Harlem where the red light is. It’s not as accessible as a lot of the shopping centers in this area. As far as stores it backs up against the I80 ramp so you basically take away being able to operate from the back of the store. There are a lot of strip malls with much more private back doors. I really think it’s someone familiar with Lane Bryant operations like a Lane Bryant current or former employee or a delivery driver. I would bet that at least one of the perps is a family member of a Lane Bryant employee or delivery driver. I wonder if the employees would sometimes bounce around from store to store. Like for example a Matteson employee work in the Tinley Park store. I really hope the police checked into the seasonal employees too. They probably had some that were let go after the holidays. I wonder if anyone thought the survivor would be working alone that morning and that’s why the store was targeted.

Just watched the video below that gave me more tips that need to be looked at.

<modsnip: not an approved source>

One thing that troubles me is that there are at least 3 employees. One is the manager who died and called 911.

The second is a part time employee that was grazed with a bullet but didn’t die. Why didn’t he make sure she was or shoot again? Why leave a witness?

The last two are cousins who were scheduled to work that day but conveniently called out because one’s son had surgery the other one had a hair appointment.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip: not an approved source>

One thing that troubles me is that there are at least 3 employees. One is the manager who died and called 911.

The second is a part time employee that was grazed with a bullet but didn’t die. Why didn’t he make sure she was or shoot again? Why leave a witness?

The last two are cousins who were scheduled to work that day but conveniently called out because one’s son had surgery the other one had a hair appointment.

<modsnip>

The way I understood it is the hair appointment lady couldn’t pick up the other lady‘s shift.

Its always been said that RM randomly decided to come into work that morning because they had a big sale. We just recently learned about this employee that couldn't come in. She did give RM notice on Friday. When did RM decide to work Saturday? Did anyone else know that RM would be there Saturday? Did they think the survivor would be working alone?

I do believe its possible this is an inside job. Not necessarily a hit, but someone that thought the store would be short staffed and was trying to take advantage of that opportunity. The perps were able to the fake receiving documents for the shipment. They picked a store with no video surveillance. They picked a store located in the back of a shopping center. A shopping center that has only two entry/exit points. It’s not a very logical location to choose to rob. Especially if your plan is to stay inside for a long period of time.

I personally believe the survivor didn’t have anything to do with this. I think the perp was in a panic and just didn’t realize he didn’t kill her. She also had underwear on her head so that probably helped her too.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

As far as leaving the witness. He would not have had time to make sure. Since RM had already called 911, he only had mere seconds to leave the scene without being detected. The first responders were there within 2 minutes. I do not believe she had anything to do with the crime and she was just very fortunate that she was able to get out alive.

I have always thought this had to be an inside job, or that someone had inside information about this store that led to the robbery.

Being very familiar with the area, I think the chances of this store being a random choice for a robbery would be next to none.

Edited to add JMO.

I have always thought this had to be an inside job, or that someone had inside information about this store that led to the robbery.

Being very familiar with the area, I think the chances of this store being a random choice for a robbery would be next to none.

Edited to add JMO.
I am very familiar with the area too, and I agree with you 100%. Its hard for me to wrap my head around the perps choosing this randomly. Especially since it’s the Chicago suburbs, and they had countless options.

Well 16 years now and I am hearing from TP police about new technology available to help solve case. It seems they have always had the latest technology and I know there are advancements in technology, but I do not see anything that is going to solve this case any faster than what they already have/had. Someone can enlighten me if they want.

Well 16 years now and I am hearing from TP police about new technology available to help solve case. It seems they have always had the latest technology and I know there are advancements in technology, but I do not see anything that is going to solve this case any faster than what they already have/had. Someone can enlighten me if they want.
Seems to be what they say around the anniversary every year.

At this point if they really have dna they need to use familial dna databases. I imagine he did leave behind dna since he left in a panic.

1707238064394.png
By Suzanne Le Mignot February 2, 2024
"We don't get the same volume that we have over time, but everyone once in a while, people will call or they'll use the website to give us information," he said. "We take it very seriously. We look into it very diligently and we're still hopeful that our community will still be energized enough to continue to use it. So we always continue to operate it."

''Tinley Park police also have more information about the case on its website, including recordings of the 911 calls from the day of the shooting in which the shooter's voice is audible. Police said a $100,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest of the suspected shooter and the reward is not dependent on a conviction.''
Feb 2, 2024
Friday marked 16 years since five women were murdered in a Tinley Park Lane Bryant store, a case that remains unsolved. First responders who were on the scene that day have continued the quest for justice in the case in which the gunman has never been caught.

Greetings! I am a screenwriter who has been interested in this case since it occurred 16 years ago. My mother was going to apply to work there to consume her retired time upon the location's grand opening. I immediately told her no because I got a very bad feeling. Also my son was born just days before this happened. So around his birthday I always think about this incident. I'm starting to gather information on this case so I can begin to write about it. Since it's weighed heavy on my mind for 16 years, I have to do what I can to help solve it. I'm thinking maybe to write about it so more people can know what happened. I'm sure there is more than one person who knows for sure who committed these murders. They just need to know there are people out here keeping the case alive. Does anyone know if the Tinley Park PD is looking into or started genetic testing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back