GUILTY IL - Laquan McDonald, 17, fatally shot, Chicago PD charged, 20 Oct 2014 -J. VanDyke GUILTY*

Emanuel cancels Paris trip, postpones political fundraiser

Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday cancelled his trip to a climate change conference in Paris — and postponed a political fundraiser scheduled for next week — to devote his full attention to the political climate change in Chicago caused by the continuing furor over the Laquan McDonald shooting video.

The $2,500-a-head political fundraiser was originally scheduled for next week to replenish a campaign war chest with $122,000 in unpaid bills after Emanuel spent a record $24 million to get re-elected — before the furor over the Laquan McDonald video.

I have only been following this on the TV.

As far as Rahm Emanuel, so for the settlement with the family, would he be aware of that? I guess so. I don't know who takes care of the settlements.

I tend to think that the person at the top can't possibly be aware of every single thing that happens, especially when some others might have wanted to cover this up to protect their own jobs.

But I don't know......

Alvarez's statement in the presser.

the knife has a 3-inch blade that is folded into his hand, into the handle

http://www.msnbc.com/thomas-roberts...-details-chicago-teen-s-shooting-573538371899

Alvarez contradicts this statement when she stated an officer kicked the knife out of McDonald's hand. The video of the shooting supports the officer kicking the knife away. If the knife was kicked away, how was it found folded into his hand. I also noticed she stumbled around when she made the statement about the knife being found folded into his hand....into the handle.

I have only been following this on the TV.

As far as Rahm Emanuel, so for the settlement with the family, would he be aware of that? I guess so. I don't know who takes care of the settlements.

I tend to think that the person at the top can't possibly be aware of every single thing that happens, especially when some others might have wanted to cover this up to protect their own jobs.

But I don't know......

It is very unlikely a Mayor would be unaware of a 5 million dollar settlement. IMO

A 9mm semiautomatic vs. a knife from 10 ft away. And still he had to shoot him 16 times over 15 seconds. And only twice while McDonald was standing.

Who fires 14 shots into someone who is lying on the ground after having been shot two times?? Could he have survived those first two shots?

Sad and senseless.

I hope Laquan's family gets justice.

Alvarez's statement in the presser.

Alvarez contradicts this statement when she stated an officer kicked the knife out of McDonald's hand. The video of the shooting supports the officer kicking the knife away. If the knife was kicked away, how was it found folded into his hand. I also noticed she stumbled around when she made the statement about the knife being found folded into his hand....into the handle.

Folded into the handle is the same thing as closed. I don't think she meant his hand was folded. I think she meant the knife was folded into the knifes handle.

Did you read the proffer? There were at least 7 other officers on the scene, officers who were there when McDonald raised his hand and the knife could be seen.... and still, not one of those officers felt it was a dangerous situation which required deadly force. 7 officers who, as witnesses, did not feel the situation with McDonald warranted deadly force.

I can't see the city lying about their investigation. it would do nothing but perhaps lead to paying Van Dyke a few million in addition to the payout they already made. I believe Alvarez's statement about the knife being folded when McDonald was shot.

A 9mm semiautomatic vs. a knife from 10 ft away. And still he had to shoot him 16 times over 15 seconds. And only twice while McDonald was standing.

Who fires 14 shots into someone who is lying on the ground after having been shot two times?? Could he have survived those first two shots?

Sad and senseless.

I hope Laquan's family gets justice.

IMO Van Dyke was amped on adrenaline. He responded emotionally, not logically when he fired at all. I feel for Laquan's family, it's too late though to do anything for him. I wish the opportunity presented itself before his death and without such a cost.......

I feel for Van Dyke's children. They had no choice in this either.....

Folded into the handle is the same thing as closed. I don't think she meant his hand was folded. I think she meant the knife was folded into the knifes handle.

Did you read the proffer? There were at least 7 other officers on the scene, officers who were there when McDonald raised his hand and the knife could be seen.... and still, not one of those officers felt it was a dangerous situation which required deadly force. 7 officers who, as witnesses, did not feel the situation with McDonald warranted deadly force.

I can't see the city lying about their investigation. it would do nothing but perhaps lead to paying Van Dyke a few million in addition to the payout they already made. I believe Alvarez's statement about the knife being folded when McDonald was shot.

Thanks Cubby, I am well aware of what the BBM means.

You're very welcome Magnolia. :blowkiss:

Chicago to release police shooting video of Ronald Johnson

Mayor Rahm Emanuel has decided to release another police video that shows a young man being fatally shot by a Chicago Police Department officer.

The city intends to release the new video of Johnson's killing next week, said Adam Collins, a spokesman for the mayor. Emanuel also said in brief comments to reporters that he planned to release the dashcam video next week.

I wonder how many more the CPD are hiding.

More than we'll ever know, hey it's Chicago. You have to remember it's Crook, I mean Cook County. They've got stuff buried where no one will find it, all kinds of it. Like the immortal Mayor Richard Daley said "The police are not there to create disorder, they're there to preserve dis-order" :blushing:

It's not like them hiding police misconduct is anything new...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicago-police-found-guilty-covering-bartender-beating/story?id=17716840

And it goes on and on. The CPD is held accountable by the review board. What that board does and who they report to I haven't a clue. Once there is some officer involved incident they become involved and the officer is put on desk duty pending the results of their inquiry. AFAIK that is the standard.

I hate to sound cliché but it's Chicago and the history of corruption has turned into the status quo and it has been that way for a very long time.

ALWAYS MOO

Chicago To Release Video Of Another Controversial Police Killing
Ronald Johnson was killed by police fire in 2014. Cops say he was armed, his lawyers say he wasn't.

Reuters
By Mary Wisniewski
10 hours ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ronald-johnson-video-chicago_5660de18e4b08e945feed8d5

“Emanuel said the city would release police squad car dashboard video of the shooting of 25-year-old Ronald Johnson III, who was killed by police on Oct. 12, 2014, a week before the shooting death of Laquan McDonald, 17.
Details of when the video would be released were not available from the mayor's office.”​

Next week sometime.

City Releases Burger King Video From Laquan McDonald Case

CHICAGO (CBS) — City officials have released additional surveillance video in the Laquan McDonald case, but the video raises more questions than it answers, due to what’s not seen.

Surveillance video from a Burger King near where McDonald was killed has a mysterious 80-minute gap covering the time when McDonald was shot by Officer Jason Van Dyke on a nearby street.

The video does show officers inside the restaurant after McDonald was shot dead, but the missing footage has prompted allegations of a cover-up by police officers who responded to the fatal shooting.

CHICAGO -- Chicago police officers who watched one of their own shoot a black teenager 16 times filed reports depicting a version of events that contrasted sharply with what was captured on the dashcam footage that has sparked protests and cost the police commissioner his job.

The city released hundreds of pages of documents late Friday pertaining to the October 2014 killing of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald by a white police officer, Jason Van Dyke. He was charged with first-degree murder late last month, only hours before the department released the video under a court order and after keeping it from the public for more than a year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/laquan-...police-officer-jason-van-dyke-police-reports/

CHICAGO -- Chicago police officers who watched one of their own shoot a black teenager 16 times filed reports depicting a version of events that contrasted sharply with what was captured on the dashcam footage that has sparked protests and cost the police commissioner his job.
rsbm

I hope those officers face some consequences for perpetuating a cover-up.

Every one of the officers who filed reports that contradict the video to substantiate the fiction reported by Van Dyke should face charges. Every single one of them. That has to happen to begin to regain the smallest bit of integrity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back