IL IL - Lee Cutler, 18, Buffalo Grove, Oct 2007

Happy New Year, Lee :heartbeat: :earth:

I saw a copy of Into The Wild today... it was like a rush of thoughts all the way back to Lee.

Thank you for these words. I remember when I first heard about Lee's case and then watched his Disappeared episode, it made me so sad...

I've been thinking a lot about Lee just lately. I think it might because of Macin Smith. Kinda reminds me that case. There is a new Disappeared episode for Macin and searches conducted this past weekend again.

What are peoples thoughts on what happened to Lee? I for one think he's alive and out there somewhere.

It's always been an obvious suicide to me personally, sadly.

You're probably right. I can't seem to stop hoping though.
I spoke with his Mom in the last few days. There has been nothing new recently :( I had hope sightings were still coming in from behind closed doors.

I've always believed it was a suicide and he had no idea his body wouldn't be found. I don't think he intended for there to be any mystery about his fate, it just happened to work out that way.

To me the note sounds like a suicide note. When you put that together with the type of pills he bought, it seems he intended to take his life. I think the only reason his note seems ambiguous is because there is no body to go with it.

Yes. And after seeing many times where they find a body way long after they searched an area and didn't initially find a body....I think he's in that water there where his camp was set up. MOO.

I also took DXM once during a day-long engineering license test. ... I had a horrible cough from the vestiges of a bad cold. During the course of the day, I drank a whole 8oz bottle, about 20 doses of DXM. It did little for my cough, and I experienced no side effects or buzz at all. .... It's hard for me to imagine DXM causing drugged-out behavior.

Advil PM contains Advil and Benadryl. In high doses Advil causes possible upset stomach while Benadryl causes drowsiness. I understand why he might have wanted drowsiness. Why not buy pure Benadryl instead of Advil PM?

My guess is he did buy the OTC drugs to get wasted and commit suicide and he just didn't care too much which drugs. He just bought some that he knew from experience caused drowsiness without putting much thought into it.

Yes, certain coricidin brands do indeed contain DXM. Advil PM contains Benadryl.
DXM will definitely get you high. You'll need to take more than one bottle to get any effects. DXM can cause hallucinations, disassociation, distorted body perception, confusion, nervousness, shaking fever, sweating, passing out, feeling stronger, more energy, confidence, etc. etc. etc. It also makes you want to write, A LOT! There are different stages to the DXM high that are dependent on dosage. People have died from overdosing on DXM. In some places one is required to show an ID to purchase medicine containing DXM or are behind the counters where the pharmacy is located, at least that has happened to me in the past.

Benadryl can get you messed up too. If you take to many of them you can hallucinate. People usually hallucinate large insects. It also makes one fearful and have feelings of dread.

I don't know what the combination of overdosing on these two drugs would be. But, if he took all this medication at once, he may have indeed experienced some side effects, and maybe that was his intent.

I too am starting to think sadly this could have been a suicide. Also feel that maybe he thought his body would be found quickly if involving water. I think somehow he may have been caught in an undertow of sorts. Maybe a sweep of the river would provide new information in this case. For some reason Lee's situation has also raised alarm bells as well as in Jarrod Johnston's case ( I think that's his name please correct me if I'm wrong.)

attachment.php

The phone rings with a telemarketer's pitch from Rhododendron, Oregon, Fergus Falls, Minnesota, or some other unfamiliar place, and Beth Nathan rushes to answer.
"It could be," the mother says, not needing to add that it never is. "I answer it all. Whoever calls, I've had some calls where I couldn't get to the phone, and I call them back. I always have hope."

"I didn't. I was running around calling his name," remembers Nathan, who roamed the nearby fields that day as if she were a mom searching for a wayward toddler in a department store. "I remember the echo, 'Lee! Lee!'"
She has had countless one-way conversations with her missing son since then, assuring him that he is loved and urging him to make contact.
"I just think he thought life was unfair, life was too hard," Nathan says, recalling how her son empathized with animals and people who were struggling. "I think someone knows something about him and isn't saying anything."

He made it look like it could be the end. Anyone can interpret it that way," Nathan says. "But I know Lee would not kill himself. In our religion, he would never do that. He was very big into being Jewish."

"It would mean the world for all of us who love him to hear. I just want my son back. If he doesn't want to come back, I just want to hear from him," Nathan says. "It's unimaginable, surreal, a nightmare. I have to go on. It's kind of like being a clown. You have to be happy, but inside you are sad."

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...buffalo-grove-mom-believes-shell-find-her-son

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 83
I find it interesting that Lee stayed overnight at a friend's house the night before. Have all of his friends been interviewed to see if he was acting oddly or maybe something happened that put him over the edge to leave and end his life?

Was he struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I do not believe he was in the river, or even in that area. They scoured that campsite and the surrounding area. I think he had long abandoned that site, and if he did commit suicide, he did it elsewhere.

I'm still sticking with "intending to live off the grid", perhaps dying of exposure in an attempt to do so?

I do not believe he was in the river, or even in that area. They scoured that campsite and the surrounding area. I think he had long abandoned that site, and if he did commit suicide, he did it elsewhere.

I'm still sticking with "intending to live off the grid", perhaps dying of exposure in an attempt to do so?

BBM.

I kind of go with that theory too.

I know parents can often be wrong but the way his Mom says he wouldn't kill himself due to their religion, she says "he was very big into being Jewish".

I thought of Macin and Bryce yesterday after Blaze Bernstein's case reminded me of them both but Lee is another one. Similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back