GUILTY IL - Liam Roberts, 6, dies from starvation, Jerseyville, 2017 *Dad & stepmom arrested*

a large sign alluding to the horror of what happened was taped to the front window.

“No kid deserves this,” the sign said. “R.I.P Liam. You were loved. (If only) we knew.”

[...]

Social media posts by Michael and Georgena Roberts, both 42, show them doting over their six children, some of them with lavish affection. Both of their profiles featured professional photography of the children, who, at least in the photos, appeared happy. Georgena Roberts, who was the step-mother of the deceased child, made numerous posts critical of child abuse.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/11...ors-jerseyville-community-react-to-boys-death

I haven't found social media on them yet. But the article I posted above references some for both. Hoping to have some time to sleuth today. I would like to confirm the little guy's name for the thread title :(

a large sign alluding to the horror of what happened was taped to the front window.

“No kid deserves this,” the sign said. “R.I.P Liam. You were loved. (If only) we knew.”

[...]

Social media posts by Michael and Georgena Roberts, both 42, show them doting over their six children, some of them with lavish affection. Both of their profiles featured professional photography of the children, who, at least in the photos, appeared happy. Georgena Roberts, who was the step-mother of the deceased child, made numerous posts critical of child abuse.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/11...ors-jerseyville-community-react-to-boys-death

The seven-year-old child, who was initially in the ICU, but has since been stabilized, continues to recover.
:heartbeat:

My heart hurts over this story. I hope that this little one recovers.

Michael Roberts social media had older photos of the children. But if has been taken down. Do you want the birth mother and gma?? They are in Baton Rouge La.
I am from Jerseyville and know peolpe who knew them so if you need something I can try to find out ;)

Tomorrow I plan on going by their home and going to the candle light vigil

Punishment for what? What possible crime could a baby that age commit that a punishment like this would ever cross the mind of an adult? It makes me sick to imagine those two stuffing their faces with whatever they wanted while kids in the house could smell it and not eat it.
Blessed baby boy.

Has anyone said the child went to school? How many sick days did the child have at his school? Someone knew something or suspected something. The sin of omission should be prosecuted in this case too. :( ....unimaginable! Poor baby :( R.I.P. now.

Has anyone said the child went to school? How many sick days did the child have at his school? Someone knew something or suspected something. The sin of omission should be prosecuted in this case too. :( ....unimaginable! Poor baby :( R.I.P. now.

He was homeschooled. The dad pulled his kids out of public school last year because school called DCFS.
DCFS investigated Jan 2016 and a pediatric DR said was a medical condition so DCFS said was unfounded.
There was 6 kids total in the 2 bedroom home.
His kids were "punished". The step mom kids were healthy and in public school. Hers were older teenagers.
The neighbors who have been in neighborhood for over 2 years didn't even know little children were in home.
<modsnip>
The step mom in 2003 has a endangered child charge for cooking meth around a child. The charge was dropped because she pled guilty to meth charge.

I know people who knew her and are shocked to hear this has happened.

I agree the ball was totally dropped for little Liam. If a Dr said medical condition why was there not tube feeding to prevent starving the child. 6yr old and 17 pounds. So sad

I drove by home this am and took this photo.

Neither Liam nor his 7-year-old brother were enrolled as students in Jersey Community Unit School District 100 this year, according to Superintendent Brad Tuttle. He would not say when they were dropped from the district’s rolls.

The Jersey County coroner identified Liam but declined through the prosecutor’s office to comment on the condition of his body or how long he had been dead when brought to the hospital. An official cause of death will be released when an autopsy report is finished.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/illinois-investigated-jerseyville-family-in-starved-boy-was-dead-months/article_67f7db59-7069-5c49-a0cc-6945cdb9f305.html

If thats the house the children lived in, then its a true house of horrors and perhaps should be razed :(

If thats the house the children lived in, then its a true house of horrors and perhaps should be razed :(

Yes 209 Ferguson Jerseyville, Il. is where they lived and has teddy bears etc. on porch being left for memorial

Jersey County State’s Attorney Benjamin Goetten said authorities don’t believe the boy was malnourished due to a medical condition. He didn’t elaborate.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/20171109/dcfs-investigated-home-of-starved-6-year-old-boy-in-2016
I hope there wasn't some colossal screw up and there wasn't actually a medical condition!

Or perhaps it was a relatively minor one and his abuse got worse, causing precipitous weight loss after the call ... perhaps in retaliation?

All just speculation. I'm sure we will find out more eventually.

I will say in their wedding picture from late 2016 little Liam was so tiny. How could no one have taken action?? :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back