IL IL - Mark Collman, 21, Kendall County, 3 April 1979

Okay, since the circumstances of Mark disappearing are a little unclear, (leave in a car, on foot, etc) I decided to look at UID's found in the time frame. I found this one found in North Eastern PA,The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and I can see a resemblance also. Age, height are on also. Who knows how he would get to PA from IL, but stranger things have happened. Here is a side by side of Mark and the UID. Please let me know what you think?
upload_2020-7-8_11-9-20.png upload_2020-7-8_11-10-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-8_11-10-2.png
    upload_2020-7-8_11-10-2.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 2
Okay, since the circumstances of Mark disappearing are a little unclear, (leave in a car, on foot, etc) I decided to look at UID's found in the time frame. I found this one found in North Eastern PA,The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and I can see a resemblance also. Age, height are on also. Who knows how he would get to PA from IL, but stranger things have happened. Here is a side by side of Mark and the UID. Please let me know what you think?
View attachment 254876 View attachment 254878

For whatever it’s worth, I definitely see a resemblance! The distance between IL and PA is not all that concerning given the ambiguity as to the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. I think it’s worth a submission, worst case scenario a rule out can be added to the UID (which honestly is in no way a bad result).

For whatever it’s worth, I definitely see a resemblance! The distance between IL and PA is not all that concerning given the ambiguity as to the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. I think it’s worth a submission, worst case scenario a rule out can be added to the UID (which honestly is in no way a bad result).

I just sent an email to the detective in charge of Mark's case. I added a read receipt to see if he actually reads it.. LOL

Considering some of the recently ID'd cases were for remains found nowhere near where the person was from, I don't think distance negates a possible match. One set of remains I thought may be Mark, which were found in NC, turned out to be another boy from IL.

Considering some of the recently ID'd cases were for remains found nowhere near where the person was from, I don't think distance negates a possible match. One set of remains I thought may be Mark, which were found in NC, turned out to be another boy from IL.

I sent the email yesterday to the Detective and he read it around 2pm - I came in to work this morning with no response :(
I always watch NamUs and track the cases that I submit possible matches to, to see if they modify the UID or Missing Persons NamUs Page.

Hi All, I hung with Mark in High School and and after. We were good friends, I also knew his little brother Jeff. I some how came across this blog and was not sure if I could help. If so let me know. The image above is from our High School graduation 1975 YHS. (Yorkville High School). Thanks all

Hi All, I hung with Mark in High School and and after. We were good friends, I also knew his little brother Jeff. I some how came across this blog and was not sure if I could help. If so let me know. The image above is from our High School graduation 1975 YHS. (Yorkville High School). Thanks all
Hi, Do you know anymore about the circumstances behind his disappearance? This is the most that I can find:

Collman's parents realized he was missing when his boss called them on April 3, 1979 to say he hadn't shown up for work. He lived with his parents in a basement bedroom and worked second shift at a Model Box factory off Route 47 and Cannonball Road. He has never been heard from again.

Little information is available in Collman's case, but his parents said he was very close to his younger brothers and would never have willingly gone for this long without contacting them. His parents had him declared legally dead after his disappearance and placed a stone for him at the cemetery. Foul play is possible in his case; it remains unsolved.

Do you happen to know if his brothers are still looking for him?

Hi Chad, Yes the above is all true. We have our class reunion coming up at the end of September. Mark always comes up in conversation. Mark did have people he associated with that I didn't care for and were not from the area. There was one inparticular whom the rest of us were intimated by. We were out of high school at the time. Also a few of them from Plano as well. I would post more however really do not want to put up anything negative about Mark. He was my friend. I do believe Mr. and Mrs Collman were right in their belief that Mark is gone. Mr. Collman just passed last year as well. His stepmom is still with us.

His two brothers and his sister are living out of state so we don't see them even at our reunions. But he does have step brothers as well who I do see once in a while but never discussed Mark with them. I know that's not much help.

Below is the link to Mark's Dad Dwayne Collman's Obit.

View attachment 254876 View attachment 254878
This is Mark's Senior Picture from our year book YHS 1975. The drawing appears to be taken from this picture of Mark.

I cannot think of any reason that I know of for Mark to be in PA. By 1979 we were not hanging out on a regular basis any more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back