GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

I hate that Megan was found deceased.
I'm wondering what state her body was found though. It seems like it was intact enough to identify, so was she kept alive for a bit before she was killed? It seems like that's a possibility.
The article avenger linked to says is was a skull and bones found, so she must have been identified through dentals or DNA.

We certainly can't just assume Megan was pregnant AND the ex-bf simply decided to kill her to 'get out of trouble' AND that his respectable police father helped him do it.

<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
We certainly can't just assume Megan was pregnant AND the ex-bf simply decided to kill her to 'get out of trouble' AND that his respectable police father helped him do it.

<modsnipped>
We can’t assume anything at this point but we can cast theories. I think it’s just as plausible as if the mother was involved.

<modsnipped>

Actually, although I feel you have some type of vendetta leading me to think you may personally know someone involved, you might want to do your homework.

There are the strange circumstances surrounding the death of dad's wife. There has been a lot of speculation by the locals, probably because they were talking divorce. Some of the pieces don't add up, but he was not investigated. Even a local LE said that we don't know the whole story. So we don't know that he was "respectable". When he pulled me over for speeding, he was very professional and personable, but that doesn't tell me what he is like in his personal relationships.

Then, Megan and the boyfriend were secretly seeing each other, even though he had another girlfriend. Megan's mom threatened bf and his dad with legal action if they didn't stay apart. They were caught together in Megan's bedroom. Keep in mind that if he was charged and judged guilty, he would be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life. If the rumors are true (and who knows if they are - no one knows) and Megan was pregnant, it wouldn't have been too difficult to prove the case. Having that charge on his record would completely change his future - there are jobs he wouldn't be allowed to take, he would have to report every change of locale to the authorities, plus, there are those people (like me) who would not want to be involved in any way in his life - not as an employer, coworker, or neighbor. His dad would have been very aware of the consequences of a charge of sex with a minor.

Megan was very naive - bf could have told her anything and she would have accepted it. He knew this. He took advantage of her - in every way - IMO, right up until the very end.

I agree that mom's behavior is odd, but then, she lost her only daughter. I don't know that she is innocent, but I just don't think she murdered her daughter. None of us know how we would react in this situation until it happens to us, so I feel like I need to give her a break. But we are aware of bf's reaction which included a thorough washing of his truck the morning after Megan's disappearance, and the fact that he never cooperated in trying to locate Megan.

There are the strange circumstances surrounding the death of dad's wife. There has been a lot of speculation by the locals, probably because they were talking divorce. Some of the pieces don't add up, but he was not investigated. Even a local LE said that we don't know the whole story. So we don't know that he was "respectable".

I think that the dad is another Drew Petersen—anything but respectable.

But we are aware of bf's reaction which included a thorough washing of his truck the morning after Megan's disappearance, and the fact that he never cooperated in trying to locate Megan.

Emboldened by me.

Bingo!

Actually, although I feel you have some type of vendetta leading me to think you may personally know someone involved, you might want to do your homework.

There are the strange circumstances surrounding the death of dad's wife. There has been a lot of speculation by the locals, probably because they were talking divorce. Some of the pieces don't add up, but he was not investigated. Even a local LE said that we don't know the whole story. So we don't know that he was "respectable". When he pulled me over for speeding, he was very professional and personable, but that doesn't tell me what he is like in his personal relationships.

Then, Megan and the boyfriend were secretly seeing each other, even though he had another girlfriend. Megan's mom threatened bf and his dad with legal action if they didn't stay apart. They were caught together in Megan's bedroom. Keep in mind that if he was charged and judged guilty, he would be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life. If the rumors are true (and who knows if they are - no one knows) and Megan was pregnant, it wouldn't have been too difficult to prove the case. Having that charge on his record would completely change his future - there are jobs he wouldn't be allowed to take, he would have to report every change of locale to the authorities, plus, there are those people (like me) who would not want to be involved in any way in his life - not as an employer, coworker, or neighbor. His dad would have been very aware of the consequences of a charge of sex with a minor.

Megan was very naive - bf could have told her anything and she would have accepted it. He knew this. He took advantage of her - in every way - IMO, right up until the very end.

I agree that mom's behavior is odd, but then, she lost her only daughter. I don't know that she is innocent, but I just don't think she murdered her daughter. None of us know how we would react in this situation until it happens to us, so I feel like I need to give her a break. But we are aware of bf's reaction which included a thorough washing of his truck the morning after Megan's disappearance, and the fact that he never cooperated in trying to locate Megan.
Megan and the boy were caught in her bedroom? How did I miss that?!?

Some of the links no longer work. I remember it was a video, but apparently not a you tube video. She was being interviewed, and I remember when she talked about it, they had included video of a dark room with an unrecognizable person (which has nothing to do with the story, but maybe that will trigger someone else's memory). I will continue to search for it, but it may no longer be an active link.

Snipped by me. Can you elaborate on this sentence? Was this something said in a presser or told directly to you? I'm trying to figure out in what tone it was said - as in there are things the public doesn't know and the father probably had something to do with his wife's death or there are things the public doesn't know which point to the father having nothing to do with his wife's death?

Though I know the vendetta sentence wasn't directed at me, I just wanted to say for the record that I'm neither local nor know any of the players in this mystery but I do believe the mother had something to do with it. I'm not 100% convinced; I'm willing to look at other sides as well.

I find the mother's behavior very odd. Sure none of us knows how we will react in such a situation, but there are certain behaviors (not just in this case) that are completely contrary to how an innocent person would react. As an example, nothing to do with this case, but how many times have we seen a parent that did little to search for their missing child because they knew that the child was already deceased. Not searching for your missing child is completely contrary to what a concerned parent would do UNLESS they already knew there was no reason to look.

That one video where she was interviewed by the radio station kind of blew me away and is an example of what I mean about behaving contrary to what one would expect from a mother with a missing child. The whole video seemed to be about what trials she was going through rather than what Megan might be going through. And there were no pleas to Megan to return or to her captors to release her. I have to watch it again to see what else jumped out at me.

Last edited:
Snipped by me. Can you elaborate on this sentence? Was this something said in a presser or told directly to you? I'm trying to figure out in what tone it was said - as in there are things the public doesn't know and the father probably had something to do with his wife's death or there are things the public doesn't know which point to the father having nothing to do with his wife's death?

Though I know the vendetta sentence wasn't directed at me, I just wanted to say for the record that I'm neither local nor know any of the players in this mystery but I do believe the mother had something to do with it. I'm not 100% convinced; I'm willing to look at other sides as well.

I find the mother's behavior very odd. Sure none of us knows how we will react in such a situation, but there are certain behaviors (not just in this case) that are completely contrary to how an innocent person would react. As an example, nothing to do with this case, but how many times have we seen a parent that did little to search for their missing child because they knew that the child was already deceased. Not searching for your missing child is completely contrary to what a concerned parent would do UNLESS they already knew there was no reason to look.

That one video where she was interviewed by the radio station kind of blew me away and is an example of what I mean about behaving contrary to what one would expect from a mother with a missing child. The whole video seemed to be about what trials she was going through rather than what Megan might be going through. And there were no pleas to Megan to return or to her captors to release her. I have to watch it again to see what else jumped out at me.

My husband agrees with you. lol He thinks mom is involved, and sometimes, I agree that her behavior is very strange. Especially when her story changed. (I went to finish my shopping vs I had to drive my friends home.) Then there is the weird way she found the cell phone - it's almost like she thought Megan was hiding in the sheets. I also wonder - who would you call first? She called her mom - not her husband, the police, or her boyfriend or friends of Megan. I would have immediately called the boyfriend and his dad (remember he is a cop and COULD help), but then, this has never happened to me. So, I have to give her a break on this and I don't really think she was involved. But ..... sometimes I do. Obviously, I don't have a clue.

As for the strange details surrounding the death of his wife, Jennifer, I'll post this link:
READ THE LEAD: Drowning remains a mystery | Disclosure News Online
Apparently she was unhappy with her husband and they were talking divorce. Lots of rumors surrounded them at the time this happened, but I have no proof of any of them. I was told she had been cheating on him for quite some time. I didn't know her personally, so I hate to repeat all the rumors I heard. But, the cheating one seemed to be known by everyone who knew her and her husband.

My husband agrees with you. lol He thinks mom is involved, and sometimes, I agree that her behavior is very strange. Especially when her story changed. (I went to finish my shopping vs I had to drive my friends home.) Then there is the weird way she found the cell phone - it's almost like she thought Megan was hiding in the sheets. I also wonder - who would you call first? She called her mom - not her husband, the police, or her boyfriend or friends of Megan. I would have immediately called the boyfriend and his dad (remember he is a cop and COULD help), but then, this has never happened to me. So, I have to give her a break on this and I don't really think she was involved. But ..... sometimes I do. Obviously, I don't have a clue.

As for the strange details surrounding the death of his wife, Jennifer, I'll post this link:
READ THE LEAD: Drowning remains a mystery | Disclosure News Online
Apparently she was unhappy with her husband and they were talking divorce. Lots of rumors surrounded them at the time this happened, but I have no proof of any of them. I was told she had been cheating on him for quite some time. I didn't know her personally, so I hate to repeat all the rumors I heard. But, the cheating one seemed to be known by everyone who knew her and her husband.

Thanks for that link. I had not read anything about the wife's death previously except what was posted here. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the $2.99 for the one-time access to read the rest of the article...lol.

I had the same thoughts about how she found the cell phone.

This article lays out the timeline more clearly than I've seen elsewhere.

Illinois teen Megan Nichols disappears after ATM withdrawal

The clearer accounting of the events that transpired makes me a little less suspicious of the mother, but that video where she is interviewed by the radio station still makes me scratch my head. I understand the premise of God knowing all things and how we are bound to endure trials in this life, and what is meant to be will be, but but but ....something's missing there to me.

I think the opening of the interview, the interview in which they will be discussing one of the most devastating events that can happen to a family, where she flashes a smile and says that she's "excited" to be there made my radar go off from the start.

And to be extra nit-picky, I noticed that the 3 times she mentions Megan being gone, she refers to it as her "disappearance" rather than her being abducted or running away.

Jennifer Murbarger had more than twice the legal amount of alcohol in her system when her body was discovered... The road was flooded and Murbarger was travelling on it at 1:30 am, Friday December 27 2013, unfamiliar with the area and how it floods.

It makes more sense now that we know she was drunk as a skunk. Her sense of danger was seriously impaired. It's also much easier to freeze and drown when drunk, as sensations are dulled, and body heat is lost faster through extremities instead of preserving it to protect vital organs.

She's seen here (far right) drinking with her mudder buddies: One of the big reasons ISP just hates us right now… | Disclosure News Online

Last edited:
Jennifer Murbarger had more than twice the legal amount of alcohol in her system when her body was discovered... The road was flooded and Murbarger was travelling on it at 1:30 am, Friday December 27 2013, unfamiliar with the area and how it floods.

It makes more sense now that we know she was drunk as a skunk. Her sense of danger was seriously impaired. It's also much easier to freeze and drown when drunk, as sensations are dulled, and body heat is lost faster through extremities instead of preserving it to protect vital organs.

She's seen here (far right) drinking with her mudder buddies: One of the big reasons ISP just hates us right now… | Disclosure News Online

I like that website! Every area should have something like that.

It seems like a distinct possibility that the information given to the press by the police regarding the circumstances surrounding her death (that she was inebriated) were intentionally vague to avoid embarrassment or whatever to the trooper husband and/or her family, but instead it made people question it even more and speculate that her husband had something to do with her demise.

If she drank regularly, and it seems that she did, then she likely had a decent tolerance to alcohol and would not have been very impaired.

She certainly wasn't "drunk as a skunk." The legal limit is set very low, so someone with a blood-alcohol level only twice the legal limit would be only minimally impaired unless the person had no tolerance whatsoever to alcohol.

If she drank regularly, and it seems that she did, then she likely had a decent tolerance to alcohol and would not have been very impaired.

She certainly wasn't "drunk as a skunk." The legal limit is set very low, so someone with a blood-alcohol level only twice the legal limit would be only minimally impaired unless the person had no tolerance whatsoever to alcohol.

Illinois' BAC legal limit is 0.08%... Being over twice the limit at over 0.16%, yes she certainly was drunk as a skunk... Like it or not, her level of inebriation was obviously a major contributing factor to her demise.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back