IL - Mom post on SM son died, tries to drown him 3 day later

MicheleT

Reaction score
Chicago mom tried to drown son, 3, days after posting online that he had died: police

Authorities in Chicago this week said a South Side mother falsely wrote on social media that her 3-year-old son had died, then tried to drown him in a bathtub days later.

When police interviewed the child’s father, he told them Christian had earlier announced on social media that their son had died and wanted to make funeral plans, the paper reported.

The info from the dad bothers me. He saw the fake post and still dropped his child off with the Mom? Did he think this was only a money raising scam? I don't understand people.

What?
Following...
“Celeste T. Christian, 21, was charged with attempted murder as her son remained hospitalized in critical condition, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The child was being treated at University of Chicago Medical Center for asphyxiation and water in his lungs. Police said someone had held the toddler underwater.

An hour before the child arrived at the hospital, a doctor received a call from an organ and tissue donor asking if the boy was there yet, police said. The donor did not reveal who told them the toddler would be there.”
upload_2018-9-28_9-24-44.jpeg

Last edited:
After getting him out of the car, Christian said, she saw the toddler had wet himself. She told officers she drew him a bath inside, then left him by himself for five to 10 minutes to check on her 2-year-old daughter, police said.

Christian said she heard splashing, ran back to the bathroom and found her 3-year-old “limp’’ in the water, police said. His legs were stiff and foam was coming from his nose and mouth. She told police she called 911, saying she did not know CPR.

Paramedics took him to the University of Chicago Medical Center. A doctor there told police that, about an hour before the boy arrived, the hospital had gotten a call from the Gift of Hope, an organ and tissue donor organization, asking if the boy was there yet, police said.

A Gift of Hope representative would not say who told them the boy was going to be there. The organization would not comment on the case, but spokeswoman Shauna Schuda said the usual procedure is for a hospital to contact the organization about an available donor, not the family.
Mom falsely posted that 3-year-old son died, then days later tried to drown him, police say

A new probe of Christian was opened on Monday alleging “torture,’’ inadequate supervision and “substantial risk of physical injury or environment injurious to health and welfare,’’ Illinois Department of Children and Family Services spokesman Neil Skene said in an email.

The agency has conducted three prior investigations of Christian, all involving domestic violence with a man, that were opened in August and in October 2016 and in December 2017.

“She was indicated in all three investigations for posing a risk of harm to her children, but in none of the cases was there a finding of actual physical harm to a child,’’ Skene said in the email.

The boy’s younger sister is being cared for by an aunt, said Skene, who added that DCFS plans to take protective custody of both children.
Illinois Department of Children and Family Services Articles, Photos, and Videos - Chicago Tribune

This sounds a lot like some kind of organ trading scam gone wrong, do you happen to know if the police have a suspect for the premature phone call?
I don’t know. I did find this in one of the articles I posted.

“Police also spoke to the boy’s father, who told them Christian had recently posted to social media that her son had died and she wanted to make funeral plans. The man told police that his sister had screenshots of the posts. Christian was arrested and charged.”

I'm not sure , but I think it would be worthwhile to see if Christian has any connections with any of the hospital staff, and/or if she has any connections with anyone working at A Gift of Hope. The point of me saying this is that it looks (to me at least) as if Christian is working with somebody on what appears to me to be some sort of scam.

This gets weirder as more information comes out.

You can say that again, not to mention that the fathers innocent stance in this whole affair bothers me for some reason. He literally did the right things at exactly the right time, as if the two had already agreed on how each event would follow neatly in sequence.

Thanks for the Facebook link btw, I'll check that out later.

Last edited:
Mom falsely posted that 3-year-old son died, then days later tried to drown him, police say
Christian said she heard splashing, ran back to the bathroom and found her 3-year-old “limp’’ in the water, police said. His legs were stiff and foam was coming from his nose and mouth. She told police she called 911, saying she did not know CPR.

I missed this part earlier. Her Facebook page says she's an Army mom and shows her in her uniform, but she doesn't know CPR? I'm confused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back